squonk

It's coming sooner than you think

ACman

@elcamino/wheelhorse easy access to the interstate (but not next to,its quite) gas and Walmart across the street . Lots of restaurants ( College town) and a 25 minute beautiful drive to the fairgrounds . ACcuz for sure is taking his camper but I may still stay at the Holiday Inn Express (I have points so it’s usually free or close to it) . I’m not putting down the Comfort inn and it’s only 5min down the road . I do see there’s a holiday in express in Chambersburg but right now it’s $39 more night ($70 vs $109) compared to Shippensburg :confusion-shrug: .As far a trailers the hotel let me leave my trailer full of tractors right out front for a 2 nights and a day . I leave my empty trailer right on the grounds and haven’t had any issues. 

• Like 3

oliver2-44

Man y'all are sure making me want to make the show. Maybe I need to find another Texan to ride shotgun for the long drive

• Like 6

clueless
8 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

Man y'all are sure making me want to make the show. Maybe I need to find another Texan to ride shotgun for the long drive

Just get in the truck, put in the George Strait, 50 number one hits CDs and go. When their thru playing your almost there. :auto-layrubber:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
1 hour ago, oliver2-44 said:

Would an Okie be alright? Plenty of room in the RV for another passenger or two 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Just make sure you don't eat any of BRF's chimmy chongas while you are at the show. If so, get it out of your system before you hit the road. Don't want anyone to get hurt on the way back. 

IMG_5856.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk Remember the guy in the straight truck towing the small SUV at the old Comfort Inn in 2016 . First he clipped the fender of a parked car thinking he could pull around the building. The next morning( all of the following occurred before 7 AM ) the SUV keep jack knifing as he was trying to back out of lot. Finally unloaded the SUV . Took about 1/2 hour to get the truck and tow dolly headed in the right direction. After 4 or 5 attempts at getting the SUV on the tow dolly , he came in and asked me if I could help get the SUV on dolly. Took three times but he finally made it. The last time I saw him he came close to clipping another parked car.  Breakfast and show for free, can't beat it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

squonk
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@squonk Remember the guy in the straight truck towing the small SUV at the old Comfort Inn in 2016 . First he clipped the fender of a parked car thinking he could pull around the building. The next morning( all of the following occurred before 7 AM ) the SUV keep jack knifing as he was trying to back out of lot. Finally unloaded the SUV . Took about 1/2 hour to get the truck and tow dolly headed in the right direction. After 4 or 5 attempts at getting the SUV on the tow dolly , he came in and asked me if I could help get the SUV on dolly. Took three times but he finally made it. The last time I saw him he came close to clipping another parked car.  Breakfast and show for free, can't beat it.

Bigger parking lot at the new place. We may have to steal a bus stop bench.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Aldon
3 minutes ago, squonk said:

Bigger parking lot at the new place. We may have to steal a bus stop bench.

We “Will” need to strongly consider appropriating a bench.....

• Like 3

19richie66

Going to book a room tonight. Thinking Wed through Sat. 

• Like 5

Aldon

Ritchie, 

thats usually the dates i reserve:-)

you wont get bored 

• Like 2

19richie66

Well leave Monday morning, lay over at my stepson's house in N.C. Leave out wed morning and head for the hotel. 👍 With company like the fellas listed in this thread, I know I won't be bored. :laughing-rolling:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

squonk
5 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Well leave Monday morning, lay over at my stepson's house in N.C. Leave out wed morning and head for the hotel. 👍 With company like the fellas listed in this thread, I know I won't be bored. :laughing-rolling:

Look for me. I'm the ugly guy! :)

• Haha 6

elcamino/wheelhorse
Just now, squonk said:

Look for me. I'm the ugly guy! :)

Sad but true. 

• Haha 3

squonk
14 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Wed night my favorite night. Itailan food and about 5 hrs. of baloney. :)

2 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Sad but true. 

You new I wasn't Richard Burton when you met me. :lol:

• Haha 4

953 nut
2 minutes ago, squonk said:
19 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Wed night my favorite night. Itailan food and about 5 hrs. of baloney.

:text-yeahthat:             http://www.italianvillagerestaurant.com/

19richie66

Well I'm booked! :thumbs:

• Thanks 3

squonk
9 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:banana-jumprope::banana-jumprope::banana-wrench::banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

8 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Well I'm booked! :thumbs:

:banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-dance::banana-jumprope:2ecq9ty.gif.5b2bf2a784460534fcf28ae93050970d.gif  207109581avatar.gif.0b368c416aab936211a89a5f6e64d983.gif  267109581avatar.gif.425b78e70d6fadeb7f1e3b5fd46dd211.gif

• Haha 3

roadapples
On 12/13/2017 at 7:29 AM, 19richie66 said:

I hope to have it good enough to drive around. Need somewhere to leave the trailer/tractor while we sightsee the first part of the week. 

How big is the trailer?

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

5x10 single axle. Ill have my one tractor on it. We might not get to hop around as much as I had hoped. Probably leave it on the truck Wednesday night and then at the fairgrounds thu-sat. We pull out to go home Sunday morning. We'll see the closer it gets. Nice to have options though👍

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

roadapples

Plenty of room for that. Only concern was I put a sharp curve at the end of the lane so you can't see in from the road.:ph34r: 16' or under can make it. Let me know if you need a place to park it....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

Thank you! Will do. 👍

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Speaking of the Big Show and all the guys that have responded the question @857 horse does Howard hibernate from the end of one show until April of the next year. Anybody heard from him ? We need to know about making signs , will Howard bring the pole and the biggest question is will he have someone to talk to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Big_Red_Fred
30 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Speaking of the Big Show and all the guys that have responded the question @857 horse does Howard hibernate from the end of one show until April of the next year. Anybody heard from him ? We need to know about making signs , will Howard bring the pole and the biggest question is will he have someone to talk to.

953 said  Howard & me will be driving everyone crazy talking about nothing hahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 minute ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

953 said  Howard & me will be driving everyone crazy talking about nothing hahahahaha

The one who loses the talk off gets to wear the "French Maid " outfit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

That's a good question...haven't seen Howard on here in a while...

• Like 3