ebinmaine

Can somebody share a schematic for late 70s B or C Series?

I'm installing the proper ignition switch and rewiring some.

I'd love to see a proper schematic drawing that is a little better than the one from a 74 B80  Factory Sketch. It's a bit vague.

@BOB ELLISON, you have one for a c-160 that you redid I think.?

Edited by ebinmaine

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm installing the proper ignition switch and rewiring some.

I'd love to see a proper schematic drawing that is a little better than the one from a 74 B80  Factory Sketch. It's a bit vague.

@BOB ELLISON, you have one for a c-160 that you redid I think.?

Yes I rewired my 1974  c160 and the B80 is the same wiring diagram. I did add a volt gage instead of the amp gage so that's the only difference . If you use a amp gage just rewire it as the old diagram says. Here is the diagram I used.

I replaced each wire by color and this made it much easer.

volt meter relay.jpg

• Excellent 5

10 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

Yes I rewired my 1974  c160 and the B80 is the same wiring diagram. I did add a volt gage instead of the amp gage so that's the only difference . If you use a amp gage just rewire it as the old diagram says. Here is the diagram I used.

I replaced each wire by color and this made it much easer.

volt meter relay.jpg

Excellent. Thank you Bob!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

@ebinmaine I also forgot to mention in this diagram I added different lights so I added a relay it's the blue wires. If you want a diagram without the relay I can post one . I made this diagram with a relay so I could add brighter headlights that draw more amp's without destroying the key switch.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

5 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

@ebinmaine I also forgot to mention in this diagram I added different lights so I added a relay it's the blue wires. If you want a diagram without the relay I can post one . I made this diagram with a relay so I could add brighter headlights that draw more amp's without destroying the key switch.

Thank you for offering Bob but I'll use your diagram just as it is. I'm going to wire my lights that way as well. I'm using LEDs but I figure it's worth the cheap insurance.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2