HorseFixer

YOUR FARTHEST TRACTOR TRIP(s)

Handy Don
3 hours ago, Rob J. said:

Fixing to do a 300 mile one way trip this weekend to pick up an 854. However if the PO wasn’t going to Ohio for vacation I’d have a 500 mile one way to PA. Whew! 

Hope you have a smooth ride.

9 minutes ago, whtractors24 said:

48 hours round trip non stop with a buddy . 

6 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I’m thinking “winner”!!! :bow-blue:

I'm not sure what to think!

• Haha 1

kpinnc

I'm in NC, and my wife (girlfriend at the time) thought I was crazy for driving to Indiana for a tractor. That was 20 years ago. Dare I say when I was dumber? :wacko:

That's as big a trip as I've ever made, beyond the couple times I went to the PA show. You never come home from there empty handed... 

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 4

clueless
10 hours ago, Pullstart said:

@clueless Chris bought a Suburban (RJ?) from @Jake Kuhn at Scott’s meet and greet a good long while ago.  That was FL to northern IN.  

Chris is the bearded man between @stevasaurus and I, which was the first time the Dino met either of us.  Henceforth, for many a years to come, Chris was Kevin and I was Chris!  

1A388EEB-52B5-41AF-91FA-0AD990CBF80C.jpeg

Kev, a little over 1800 miles round trip counting a detour for a tour of the Indy Speedway, 40 years after my first time. Also a little deture of the Makers Mark distillery, they give you a couple nice size free samples there:handgestures-thumbupright:.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
On 9/13/2018 at 7:29 AM, T-Mo said:

Seeing this thread, we might want to have a thread on the most you hauled at one time.  I see several posts that have a lot of tractors in one haul.

one truck or two?  :grin:

7AC2118B-055C-4E92-B3C7-8962FE91C4DA.jpeg

49B370DA-83A2-4910-9FB2-8AA58F55BDBE.jpeg

BABCC9BA-6278-4A45-8327-FD0013B47017.jpeg

• Excellent 2

Pullstart
On 10/1/2022 at 8:49 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Well, not me personally, but this past summer my E-141 went to the big show from New York with @buckrancher, my yard art suburban came from Pennsylvania with @mike’shorsebarn to the big show, and @Pullstart then brought them to my place on his way home… then my predator build C-6.5 jumped in @Pullstart’s trailer as payment for a delivery job well done!!! Whew…!!!

Rylee’s 401 was holding the place of the hard art Suburban in the way east.  My plan was another nut and bolt tear down like the little blue truck hauled one time.  Make the space of one tractor share into two tractor’s space.  Instead, Barry Gundlach hauled Rylee’s 401 back to Sandusky, then a couple of his buddies hauled it to Portage, WI, where we picked it back up, then back to MI.

6F173766-CE3C-4B46-8906-7A660FC18568.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

clueless
On 10/1/2022 at 9:42 PM, Pullstart said:

We go 600+ miles each way annually for Horses… and somehow have never gone to the Big Show without getting more tractors :lol:

Come spring time, I’ll be going over 900 miles each way for a nice haul…. 

Kevin, If that 1800 mile round trip in the spring gets you closer to me I most likely will have a fairly nice haul for you, let me know if your interested. One of my winter projects is to go through my WH stuff and decided what I'm keeping, it won't be much. You are 900 mile directly north of me.

• Like 1

kpinnc
14 hours ago, clueless said:

Kevin, If that 1800 mile round trip in the spring gets you closer to me I most likely will have a fairly nice haul for you,

You gotta be more specific. There's about half a dozen Kevins in here! :P

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

TractorEd

The longest Horse trip I can remember was about a 3 or 4 hour excursion up to the store.  It was roughly a 6 mile round trip and we really needed a break after the first leg of the journey.

We scrounged up enough coinage to get some Coke and smokes!  My older brother drove and I and a couple of other kids rode wherever we could hang on to (on hood, standing on rear hitch, lol).

Yep, we rode dad’s Wheel Horse to the store and back during summer break in the mid to late 70’s while our parents were working.

Pretty sure we carried a gas can with us; just to be safe!  I’m the proud owner of that wonderful machine now.

Things sure were different (and less expensive) back then!

My how time flies.

Edited by TractorEd
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, TractorEd said:

we rode dad’s Wheel Horse to the store and back

That is absolutely fantastic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oliver2-44

There’s been a few trips to the farm that have been a different route than normal. Maybe 500, and 650 miles the scenic way. Seems there were a couple of WH dealers in far NE Texas back in the day.  So at least a few horses out there every now and then. Of course the farm is 100 miles SE of me. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

scWHhauler

goose creek sc to pa 623 miles or so, 1 day 1/2 ;   C141 new southern home

• Like 1

WHGuy413

Furthest I have gone horse wrangling was from Deerfield Ma to Bud Andrews in I believe it was trout run pa. My friend Kyle picked up a suburban from him and we all left with much needed parts. We left super early in the morning (I was running on 2 hours sleep due to a late night fire call) drove  6 hours to Bud’s. Hung out for a couple hours then drove home. I made it another 4 hours before I needed to swap off with someone else driving. Certainly was a long day for me anyway.

Edited by WHGuy413
  • Like 2

Pullstart
On 10/5/2022 at 9:08 AM, clueless said:

Kevin, If that 1800 mile round trip in the spring gets you closer to me I most likely will have a fairly nice haul for you, let me know if your interested. One of my winter projects is to go through my WH stuff and decided what I'm keeping, it won't be much. You are 900 mile directly north of me.

I’ll be going West-North West for this trip.  PM me if you’d like… maybe I’ll make it 3600 miles instead!