Sweet!

Someday one of my steeds shall be shod with a new set of ag's...

I'm leaning towards the one with the loader I haven't bought yet... :laughing-rolling: 

• Like 6

As long as they hold air with tubes they stay on duty around here...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

As long as they hold air with tubes they stay on duty around here...

I got tired of spinning out mowing on my hilly lot.

IMAG2157.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Very nice tires. Those old ones were in rough shape although I have to admit I would have kept the old ones with tubes till they blew out. I a;so love those one off powder coated hub caps. They create a nice touch  and hide those weights very well. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I got tired of spinning out mowing on my hilly lot.

IMAG2157.jpg

Are you sure you live in Virginny Jeff?    That sure looks like Billy country.  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 4

You have some purdy looking Country there to Mow. :handgestures-salute:   I Haven't decided yet about going Agg's...... Don't know if I want them to Scuff up my grass if I want to dump some black dirt around the yard so I am rethinking my stance on the new tires. The 520H looks good with those new SKINS!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Are you sure you live in Virginny Jeff?    That sure looks like Billy country.  :confusion-shrug:

Ed, Thanks I'm only about 10 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway, I couldn't live somewhere that didn't remind of home...

4 minutes ago, HorseFixer said:

You have some purdy looking Country there to Mow. :handgestures-salute:   I Haven't decided yet about going Agg's...... Don't know if I want them to Scuff up my grass if I want to dump some black dirt around the yard so I am rethinking my stance on the new tires. The 520H looks good with those new SKINS!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Duke, seriously the Ags really don't tear/scuff up any more sod than losing traction with turf tires but I don't have enough level ground to be singing the praises of "turf" tire, there's always the in between "all trail/terrain" tires, and thanks for the compliments and encouragement, Jeff.

• Like 2

Nice Billy... mine are real close to that ... fronts won't hold air at all and the rears aren't far behind and I am just not a tube kind of guy for a quick fix. .... lets just say I didn't have to let any air out to put chains on or off. Going to or would like to do V61's much like what @bmsgaffer is running on the front when budget allows and thinking about a cheaper ag for the rear and subscribing to Mr. Kennell's rubber chains school of thought ....thoughts bout that setup fellas?? Working on gearing up for the ultimate deuce blower. Trying to come up with a combo that would/could be used year round without swapping tire/rim combos. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHX11 said:

subscribing to Mr. Kennell's rubber chains school of thought .

Just to be clear Jim, I don't have  Ags on any of my working tractors.  I do have a nice pair on my Commando 8, but it is just used to pull a lawn cart and for show transportation.

What I do have experience with is Two link Vee bar steel chains on turf tires and  four link rubber chains on turf tires. 

And as I have stated before, IMO, The rubber chains have better traction on the asphalt than the steel chains and without any risk of damage to the coating.

An example, with the steel chains, I had to plow my steep drive down hill only and I could not climb the cleared driveway with the plow raised or lowered. I had to circle around to the less steep stone road to get back to the top.    With the rubber chains, I still start at the top and plow down, but I can even plow up with about a 1/2 blade cut. 

On stone roads or grass, I believe the steel chains provide slightly better traction.

As experienced by other members, the rubber chains provide a rougher ride. I agree with this, but I believe this is due to the wider spacing on the 4 link and not the fact that they are made of rubber.

• Like 2

@Retierd Wrencher, thanks a bunch, here it is breaking in those new "shoes" today leveling out some fill for my FIL, Jeff.

IMAG3113.jpg

IMAG3114.jpg

On 4/7/2017 at 10:12 PM, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Nice set of skins Jeff, your set for another 22 years.

Glenn

I hope so, I'll keep my tubes in a cool dark place till I need 'em again, thanks Jeff.

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

Gotta say when the paint fades on these tractors they almost look tougher somehow.  Big fan of ags love 'em. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Concealed carry wheel weights.  That's cool!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

Concealed carry wheel weights.  That's cool!

Never thought of it way, now that's cool, thanks, Jeff.

• Like 1

I think those Nanco tires are the exact same as the Deestones. Those look exactly like the Deestones I have on mine. Even the lettering and molding on the side is exactly the same except where the brand is. Mine come out to about 22.5x9.5 as well, although I have mine on the 7in. rims.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, tbarnhart said:

I think those Nanco tires are the exact same as the Deestones. Those look exactly like the Deestones I have on mine. Even the lettering and molding on the side is exactly the same except where the brand is. Mine come out to about 22.5x9.5 as well, although I have mine on the 7in. rims.

I suppose if we could find them in 24x12-12 then they might be just the right size? Jeff.

• Like 2

I like mine OK, but I was replacing 8.50s. I think they make a great replacement for 8.50 turfs, and like you stated, don't tear up turf because they never spin. I have 95 lb. wheel weights in each wheel and can go about anywhere without digging a bit of grass.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2017 at 11:32 AM, WVHillbilly520H said:

Never thought of it way, now that's cool, thanks, Jeff.

what caliber are the weights? .3weighty?

• Like 2

Just now, WVHillbilly520H said:

HHHMMMM .45 colt :wh:.

a classic

• Like 2

:scratchead: Varmint huntin' up there? 

InkedIMAG3118.thumb.jpg.8d3805de9411df979bd61648dcd17c01_LI.jpg.de8d78bd5c6b9726ab0a9c90ffc03c25.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1