FELOPZD

520H or 520Xi? HELP!!!

WNYPCRepair
57 minutes ago, FELOPZD said:

Haha...thanks! I do know that it's a smokin' deal.  I'm constantly looking for those

I wasn't really looking to replace my gt225, but was just doing my typical craigslist daily check-in.  I look for a bunch o' stuff as I'm sure many of you do, and with an open mind, I follow what looks like a winner. 

Truth is, time and space are my issues. I can't even park my car in the garage right now due to a remodel, and I'm not a "leave it outside" kind of guy.  I really wanted the 520xi, but I can't verify the hours.  My GT225 has under 500 hrs, and has most of what the Xi has: hydro pedals, cruise, tight circle, electric pto, and safety features since in have young children.  Plus I already have a 42" blower for it that works great.

Sometimes we have to leave the best deals for someone else. I could easily justify, buy, store, sell what I don't need and basically have a free tractor, true.  But sense and situation has won over my conscience!

Have at it with no ill feelings!!

Like I said, he won't be back for a week, so that gives you all time to plan ;)

Did you look at the parts 520lxi? I am mostly interested in body parts, as my New Holland is rusting away from the PO leaving it outside. 

FELOPZD

The parts lxi is running, has 1300hrs, and he plans on putting it back into service.  It had rusted floors, but he's replaced them. It had a rusted deck, but he's putting the 48 on it from the 520xi. I saw/heard it run and it runs smooth and quiet.

FELOPZD

So, he called me and asked if I was still interested.  I asked if any of you had contacted him, which he said not.  I went back to look closely and drive it (520xi).  It started, ran, engaged, cut, performed flawlessly and tight.  It is clear to me that it is not a 3000 hr machine.  It's in better shape than my gt225 and 42c with 475hrs. 

Also learned it has power steering!  It whined a little on turns, but that's it.

When money talks started, I decided

I wanted his 520xi, 60" 78395 deck in like-new condition, and the single stage 42" blower 79365.  I offered $1300 for all and he took the offer!

I will be picking it up next week.  He decided to keep his father's 93 520h, but will be selling the lxi and z master shortly, within the next month or so.

Good price for what I got, assuming it's under 1000 hrs?  

Also, side note:

Has anyone used the tiller for the xi? I found a new one still available and am considering it.  It would be more than the tractor though!

• Like 1

Forest Road

Sounds like a good deal! My power steering makes some noise. It's stored in a shed. When below freezing the power steering freezes up. Have to let it run 20 min or more before it'll defrost. Once defrosted its never given me any problems.

if you have a large plot to till it may be worth it. Personally I find it such a PIA to swap certain implements I'd probably put the cash toward a classic w a tiller. 

WVHillbilly520H
50 minutes ago, FELOPZD said:

Also learned it has power steering!  It whined a little on turns, but that's it.

Good price for what I got, assuming it's under 1000 hrs? 

Honesty only the 522xi, 520lxi and 523Dxi came factory stock with power steering, the 518 and 520xi manual steering only the whining you hear was possibly the "smart turn" feature while turning and yep if it's under 1000 hours with the big deck and thrower not a bad deal, look behind the dash for a power steering unit like I have pictured below then you'll know for sure, Jeff.

IMAG0008.jpg