mattd860

Complete Pedal Kits for Hydrostatic Wheelhorse / Toro Tractors

1 post in this topic

I have developed a kit that allows a Wheel Horse / Toro hydrostatic tractor to be operated by a pedal on the right side of the tractor. The original forward/reverse lever can be retained or removed. The kit includes everything needed to install the pedal kit and installation is simple with the help of a downloadable installation manual. Additionally, only one (1) 1/4" hole will need to be drilled which can be done by a hand drill. No other drilling or cutting will be necessary. Any tractor with this kit can be converted back to stock without any visible evidence that kit was installed. However, you'll never want to do that :)

The kit operates very simply and similar to modern tractors. When the pedal is pushed forwards the tractor will move forwards. When the reverse pedal is pressed downwards, the tractor will moved in reverse. If the operator takes his foot of the pedal at any time, the pedal will automatically center itself and the hydrostatic transmission will return to neutral (stop). This enables the operator to use both hands on the steering wheel or one hand on the wheel and the other operating an attachment like a snow blower, plow, etc.

The foot pedal is custom cast in Aluminum, uses brass bushings to minimize wear, and it closely matches the OEM Wheel Horse BRAKE pedal commonly found on 8-speed manual transmission tractors. Modifications were done to the pedal to add the reverse pedal and adapt the pedal to the rest of the kit. For the most part, the pedal looks like it was designed and manufactured by Wheel Horse / Toro. Additionally, a grease fitting has been adapted to the pedal to further minimize wear and tear and if the brass bushings ever wear out they are fully replaceable without having to buy a whole new pedal. 

The pedal kit fits the following series tractors with Eaton hydrostatic transmissions: C-1X5, 300, 400, 500. 

My kit can be adapted to older hydrostatic tractors with the Sundstrand transmission, however, you will need to find an updated hydro cam commonly found on ebay. Message me for more information. 

Here is a link where you can download the installation manual: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99750546/Wheel%20Horse%20Hydro%20Foot%20Pedal%20Instructions%20V3.pdf

I am selling these kits for $250 shipped to anywhere in the United States. I offer multi order discounts as well. I will also sell to other countries for additional shipping charges to be determined.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me or post your question here and I will be glad to help. Or you can email me at mattdarling02@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

Below are pictures of the complete kit and the pedal installed on the tractor. Some modifications have been made since these pictures were taken. For example, the reverse pedal is now cast in aluminum instead of the steel pedal shown below. 

1_zps5ef3570a.jpg

null_zps5776960c.jpg

null_zpsfdd333e5.jpg

null_zps07db2655.jpg

null_zpse76b8364.jpg

And Lastly - Here is a video demonstrating the hydro control foot pedal in action...

th_WheelHorseHydroPedalKitVideo.jpg

9 people like this

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sarge
      I know in the past someone posted up the sizes/numbers for the o-rings that fit between the hydro pump and the steel lines' manifold blocks on the D-series - I'd imagine the ones at the pump end and rear axle are the same ....?
      Will be changing my pump soon due to the hydro to engine coupler blew out it's splines and took out the shaft along with it . Evidently a trailer weighing around 2.5 tons was too much....

I'll try to write up a post on how to build a new coupler from a later model C series pump pulley's center ring and a worn D coupler as well - trying to finish up the Ross steering box right now .

Sarge
    • By Rkeller
      Can anybody help with a bearing kit for asundstran hydro trans tag # 90.  1137 on a d180 
    • By Rkeller
      Can any body  help me find a bearing kit for asundstran  hyro trans tag # 90 1137.   Need intermediate  shaft   bearing that is mounted in case
    • By BigMan-TinyTractor
      Hello again...

So I just posted recently concerning a stuck clutch on my D-250.

I pulled the deck, inspected everything, got frustrated, posted on Red Square and got some pretty solid advice.

So under the guidance of Garry and Squonk, I was able to "unstick" the clutch by jolting the thing loose in top gear. It worked perfectly... Except... Now the thing is physically stuck in high range and the lever won't budge. 

It definitely worked just fine only moments before the clutch trick.

Did I break something in the gear box?

I did remove and reinstall the deck which I initially thought may have been installed wrong and could have been making physical contact with the linkage, but upon further inspection, doesn't appear to be although I admit I can't see it all.

I was SO happy... Lol... It was working again and now this... Seems to be my kind of luck.

Any tips or tricks for this issue?

Thanks so much for your replies ahead of time.

I have also apparently developed a completely unrelated fuel issue which I'll post separately on the engine forum.

Thanks y'all... I really appreciate it.

I DID manage to get the grass cut... I don't really like mowing in high range 1st gear but it was the only option... I guess some good came out of the situation.

Jacob
    • By BigMan-TinyTractor
      Hey guys and gals...

Had something super weird happen.

I went to start my D-250 (Renault Engine) and the clutch won't work. 

So, instead of mowing for my 4th of July cookout, I pulled the 60" deck out and climbed underneath.

The clutch linkages are intact and the throw out lever was a little bit loose on the adjustment rod.

I adjusted the slack out of the throw out lever and prayed...

No change.

I fear something is internally wrong with the clutch.

The weird thing is that it worked fine when I last used it. How could something break sitting still?

I'm frustrated and confused.

I have a parts breakdown for the clutch assembly and I am dreading having to pull the whole motor to work on it.

Any advice? Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy 4th everyone!