kayvonmansouri

416-8 dumb mistake

kayvonmansouri

Hey all I'm a new member in SLC.  I ran my 416-8 tractor in a parade, and had a power inverter hooked to the battery to power a smoke machine.  It worked at first but quit working part way through.  Now the battery doesn't charge.  it runs just fine because I have it hooked to a battery tender in-between uses.  But I want to fix it. Would you start with the inverter, regulator or somewhere else,  and how would you test these?  I do have a volt meter.   Any suggestions on where to start are appreciated. 

Thanks,

Kevin

post-13424-0-70491900-1404869288_thumb.j

post-13424-0-84264400-1404869311_thumb.j

Edited by kayvonmansouri
  • Like 1

rmaynard

The first question is what is the ID number of your 416-8? With that info, we can find a wiring diagram. I suspect that the charging circuit on your tractor was not powerful enough to charge the battery and power the invertor at the same time.

kayvonmansouri

The engine is an onan p216g-I/109760

Part number 759210. Is more info needed IE tractor serial number?

Edited by kayvonmansouri

gwest_ca

A bit different - letters I and C

P216G-I/10976C was used on

1990 416-8 model 31-16O802

1991 416-8 model 31-16O803 Serial 1000001-1999999

1992 416-8 model 31-16O804 Serial 2000001-2999999

O=Onan engine

0=number zero

This engine has a 20 amp charging system.

Tractor decal should be on the rear fender pan under the left side of the seat.

Garry

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jennifer
      By Jennifer
      Husband wants some advice… lol.  So we did an engine swap today on two suburbans because we could not get the one engine to spark all the time to get it running!  The engine ran last year before parking for the winter sleep…. Points were changed out for new the engine was cleaned to make good contact has new spark plug new coil condenser we even switched out the fly wheel today thinking maybe the magnet was weak…. Advice???   It would where are you out yanking on the recoil five or so times and maybe only get the points to fire twice if you’re lucky..  checked the gap and pull again… same thing over and over!  Thanks in advance!
    • mryanpilarski
      By mryanpilarski
      Is there anybody who would be able to draw out on these photos which way the stator wire runs? i have it coming out at the 4:00 position right now, then all the way around behind the stator counter-clockwise to where the voltage rectifier would be on the left hand side (8:00)

I put the wire holder bracket on the bolt where the breather tube is, these photos are before that. 

The way i have it now, the wire comes awfully close to the flywheel and I just don't want it to rub on there and I am out a stator

Thanks! 

• tntatro
      By tntatro
      The stator and flywheel on this engine are different than others I have worked on so far. The stator is smaller in diameter and has a wire that runs out to a part that looks like an ignition coil but has no plug wire. I am wondering what it is and how do I wire it?

I'm not 100% positive that I put it back in the same spot it came but I think I did. I gapped it at .020" from the bump that sticks out on the flywheel, it is magnetized.

• r1jakecfd
      By r1jakecfd
      Hi Guys,
      I know my voltage regulator is bad on my Onan P220 and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on a replacement, OEM or aftermarket? 
      Also, I checked my stator leads for AC Voltage and got about 25 volts at 3600 rpm on each. Is this OK? I know it says in the 40’s.
      Thanks guys