ebinmaine

'74 C160 Tecumseh engine tractor. Let's put it to use!

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Maybe I should go the other way--I'll get this shop gadget that you can use to clean your pens quickly!

I believe your secondary thought process will work better.  

Purchase tool. 

Use and adore tool.  

Mention possible usage to Other Half. 

• Like 2

sjoemie himself

@ebinmaine 

..find said tool in use by other half just when YOU need it. 

Idunno.. seems like a slippery slope :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Snoopy11
18 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Purchase tool. 

Use and adore tool.  

Mention possible usage to Other Half. 

Happens all the time in the kitchen here.

Female lady women mention how great a new tool is in the kitchen. Then they find me using it in the garage. :scared-eek:

Top 37 Hilarious Minions Quotes - Life Quotes & Humor - Daily Funny Quotes

:laughing-rofl:

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

@ebinmaine 

..find said tool in use by other half just when YOU need it. 

Idunno.. seems like a slippery slope :eusa-think:

Now just stop bein' silly.  

Buy TWO of them.  

• Haha 3

Jayzauto
On 9/15/2022 at 4:49 AM, ebinmaine said:

Jay is that the vent hole?

Doesn't appear to be a hole at all though I wondered if there should be.  

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner....es that's generally where those vents are located in the opening to the venturi, thru a metered brass insert.  I've been looking in my shop/s to look at that style carburetor, but I had none,  Strange that yours appears to be blocked off.  but I usually remove the welch plug when cleaning, as it's not difficult while it's in your hand, compared to after it's together back on the machine.   As far as a welch plug assortment??  I like to stock what I can. as I do all small engine work... But; as others have said, it's more clutter, that you can never find when you really need it.  Although since you have a collection of those carbs, it ma be worth having s couple of those plugs in your carb parts junk box.  

And as far as the ultrasonic cleaners, I waited a long time to get one, and now wonder why I waited soooo long.  I did a lot of research on them as well as soaps/cleaners.  I wanted a big enough unit to do more than carbs, but that significantly raised the prices, as size and heat setting options will.  But I found a guy on FB selling a 30L unit.  said it did not work, although was "New", but was only $50.  Couldn't really pass on it.  Come to find out, he was the second owner, who bought it from the original owner, broken as well.  The original owner paid $500 from the jungle site.  He didn't open it for a year, and when it didnt work, he missed the return window,  So they started passing the buck.   I gambled on the $50 purchase, took it apart and found out the on/off switch was wired incorrectly in Taiwan.  Moved a couple of wires around and Bingo!!  Worx great!!  I  use it for carbs engine parts, and anything else that needs a general cleaning.

GLuck, Jay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
22 hours ago, Jayzauto said:

that's generally where those vents are located in the opening to the venturi, thru a metered brass insert.  I've been looking in my shop/s to look at that style carburetor, but I had none,  Strange that yours appears to be blocked off

I'll break apart a piece of chassis wiring and use the individual piece of wire to give it a poke. Perhaps it's just well clogged. 

This engine seems happy and the carb wants to work. I'd like to keep trying a few things as (lack of) time permits. 

• Like 1