peter lena

pollen clouds

peter lena

was just going to get out for some grass action , there were clouds of pollen dirt / dust blowing off the related trees in my area , bad stuff.  think ill wait for later , hope it cleans itself up , as  it is I  usually wear a dust mask , todays air quality is just nasty .  hot and dusty , pete

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 2

Lee1977

I'll just take the air as it is around here.. Those masks were most likely made were labor is cheap with out concern what might in the air.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Lee1977 , did a lot of confined space tank diving , for glass inspection , face mask pressure air supply , would always have a spare , mask under my hard hat strap frame , and extra ear plugs in my shirt . watched a lot of guys "  macho it out  "  in questionable breathing conditions .  learned a lot from that , there was no mandatory protection per job , but it was  a wall mounted safety issue. when you can see what you are breathing , why not  ?  always wore dark glasses under my welding helmet , working in a weld shop exposes you to not only , cancerous  fumes but welding flash , even with portable side work  spark shields .  just my past air intake experience , pete  

• Like 1

Pullstart

I think seeing the pollen blast off a pine tree is majestic… from a distance!  Hachoo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

JoeM
On 5/22/2022 at 10:39 AM, peter lena said:

there were clouds of pollen dirt / dust

Yeah, it has been bad here too. I can't remember having such a allergen issue like now.

This is one overnight accumulation on the pool cover and some got washed off by the rain.

image.png.52d55ac019000755e5a42fd9634755b2.png

• Sad 1

peter lena

@JoeM  yes that stuff was like a cloud falling off the related trees , luckily we have been getting  short over night showers , that help knock down the dust , pete

• Like 1

953 nut

Been raining on and off for 24 hours here,   :woohoo:   knocked the pollen down so I can mow tomorrow late morning. Pollen was so thick on the windshield of my truck Saturday that the windshield wipers/washer left a mud pile at the end of their travel.

• Like 1

rmaynard

We live under huge oak trees. Not only is the pollen heavy this year (my silver truck is now green), but the catkins that fall are all over everything. The pollen sticks to the fronts of our Gutter Helmets. 

9catkin.jpg.c1d2f0ef2e5c2c427f7153ad76e75dc5.jpg   9covers.jpg.7b6be03583927c7dfa27cdde33e51191.jpg

After the pollen stops, everything has to be pressure washed. :disgust: I've lived here for 44 years and it doesn't get any better.

953 nut

My back property line is the US Forest Service and we also have hundreds of trees on our property so it will be a few weeks before I can do anything other than wear a mask while mowing or anything outdoors. I wouldn't trade this forest for anything, a few weeks of pollen is a small price to pay for nature's beauty.