peter lena

advance auto parts , lucas grease tubes, elc lugs

peter lena

just got back from a goodie search , advance auto parts has all the lucas greases in stock , in slide tube form, x-tra heavy duty , red / tacky  , and marine grade . 572 flash point !  as well as small tubs . they also have the  large eye  crimp able  battery cable size cable  end , for engine grounding . on their electrical fitting board . related wire hook up options . worth a look . stay grounded , pete

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 4

JimSraj

They show all the Lucas greases online but I had to go to 4 different Advance Auto stores before one had the xtra HD in stock. Maybe just here in Lehigh Valley PA?  I’d suggest a call first. 

• Sad 1

peter lena

@JimSraj  maybe I  was just lucky , but they had exactly what I  wanted in stock , so of course got a few extra . always looking for  stuff, get it where you can , pete

rjg854

Good to know, our Wally doesn't carry it anymore.  I'll have to check Advance, and see if they do. We're such a small community stores don't have everything a city store would.

• Like 1

953 nut
On 5/4/2022 at 3:10 PM, peter lena said:

advance auto parts has all the lucas greases in stock , in slide tube form, x-tra heavy duty , red / tacky  , and marine grade . 572 flash point !  as well as small tubs

:happy-jumpeveryone:      Sounds like you had an awesome time, bet you found it hard to go to sleep with visions of grease tubes dancing in your head!        :ychain:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

EB-80/8inPA
On 5/4/2022 at 3:10 PM, peter lena said:

just got back from a goodie search , advance auto parts has all the lucas greases in stock , in slide tube form, x-tra heavy duty , red / tacky  , and marine grade . 572 flash point !  as well as small tubs .

What, @peter lenaare you into lubrication or sumpin?  Lolz.

Yeah, stock up while you can!

peter lena

@953 nut   , @EB-80/8inPA  have to admit when I  find the stuff  that  I'm looking for , always take advantage of that ,always been amazed  at how someone can just watch equipment, rust , break , fail . being on the maintenance end of that situation many times  , tend to look at things differently .  on horses , found what they like most , is correct lubrication  and the firming up of linkage points . go from rusty , and sloppy to smooth and solid function , and go on from there . my son often sends me pictures and a service question , tell him what I  think , and would do . scary how we both come to the same point , he is also a  lubrication rustproofing nut .  chain oil soaks his cars every year , northern  Vermont,  zero rot or rust , he hopes to retire in Mexico , been going there for years , says its the place to drop off . they are there now .  keep it oily , pete     

Jeff-C175
On 5/5/2022 at 9:51 PM, EB-80/8inPA said:

are you into lubrication or sumpin?

Pete's a greaser from way back!  I think this is him as a youngster...

image.png.a83655cbf4f896bcf5a382851bac20de.png

Just funnin' with ya Pete!  @peter lena

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

peter lena

@Jeff-C175  actually I  was a crew cutter back in the day , tried a few different cuts , but always came back to easier  hair maintenance.  but growing up in nyc , you can bet , I  was always surrounded by "  greasers "  , maybe thats where I  got  link ?  those post ww2 years were amazing with many city blocks that had , new ,still crated military spares , behind barbed wire , ready to go . did have the jacket though , real top cut leather , used to saddle soap it regularly . think my father would have kicked butt  if I  had that look .  thanks for the grease back , pete

• Excellent 1