ri702bill

A "Ship in a Bottle" Bushing Removal Tool

WHX??

I have used the blind hole tool on it with some success. Your right Bill ...not much of a ridge to grab on to. 

20181109_181321.jpg

Gotta like your pic on the gear on the right. You can see where water was sitting in it. 

Don't toss those old gears tho @Achto can make all kinds of cool things with them! 

20211223_175522.jpg

20211223_175517.jpg

20200805_181958.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart

I just recently got a blind bearing puller kit.  It was something to the tune of $70 and should be able to do most anything from truck wheel bearings too tiny bushings.  The intent of the purchase was for my diesel injector cups needing to be swapped out soon.  Nice creation!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ri702bill

I do not have one of those Blind hole tools - but I did have everything on hand to make mine - the 20-ton HF press makes short work of getting them out and back in.

Nice lamp base - "I'll see your 3 Cluster Gears and raise you with a Brake Shaft..."

Bill

• Haha 1

ri702bill

I used to get involved designing specialty tools at work on occasion for the Maintenance guys, mostly to speed up reoccurring repairs and minimize downtime.

Nothing like having a Production Manager and the Maintenance Manager breathing down your back, acting like a couple of spoiled brats offering to "help" "Is it done yet???"

@peter lena - sound familiar???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat:

I like it!

• Like 1

peter lena

@ri702bill  yes have been there , best foreman I ever had was retired navy chief , instantly knew what was going on , and how to cover it , also was the buffer with the "  engineers  involved ".  working in a 24 / 7 production set up , was regularly in , the " we need it now  scenario" . was always looking for an option to production output . went to , jack frost sugar, production in ny , for ideas. how about entire screw flights and veri drives , mounted on very large heim joints  ?  to offset angular wear movements , every unit in the room , was NOT   fighting its , mount point !  every unit was swaying and moving with its faults , eliminating wear / failure points . they also , had their vertical conveyors , floating on movable bearings , eliminating , belt failures , what a concept ! ideas we came back with , terrified the engineers , over time we quietly , made the changes , reliability was stabilized , call ins slowed , liked it , pete  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
7 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I just recently got a blind bearing puller kit. 

Punkin farmer got Dan a jungle one cheapy for xmas. One of those tools that doesn't get used much but damned handy when you do. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2