Oldskool

Workplace "window"

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, JPWH said:

View

I like trees. 🙂

• Like 3

Andy N.

This was outside my wife's "office" today. Not sure if the Easter bunny is the leader of the dark side or their prisoner. Haven't gotten the whole story yet.

IMG_6174.jpg.e80f0358330742691c4d020c0d70287f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 1

Handy Don
10 minutes ago, Andy N. said:

Haven't gotten the whole story yet

I suspect it'll be some story! :eusa-think:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oldskool
41 minutes ago, Andy N. said:

.Haven't gotten the whole story yet.

That is quite the mismatched group.

Is that Darth Sidious?

Is the Easter Bunny "his father"?

Family photo? 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Horse Newbie

“Bugs… I’m your father “….:lol:

E9DE6866-AB56-49E9-978E-3142FAB5C7BF.gif

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

Another one of the reasons why I enjoy driving around for a living....

IMG_20220415_074000945_HDR.jpg.9694a61f8719e93f531c575006d4e5f2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool

The quaint little fishing village of Corea,Me. is my workplace window for  a few days.

20220415_120938.jpg

20220415_120944.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

Horse Newbie
46 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

The quaint little fishing village of Corea,Me. is my workplace window for  a few days.

20220415_120938.jpg

20220415_120944.jpg

I call that fishing !  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool

@stevasaurus does this look familiar??

Decommissioned now.

It was the old "elephant cage" entrance.

All the towers are gone now. Just the buildings. It has been deemed a bird sanctuary. With walking and bike paths. 

20220418_110451.jpg

20220418_110515.jpg

20220418_110524.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

stevasaurus

Yes, that is the place.  Lived in Winter Harbor...drove around Prospect Harbor to get to the site.  Thanks.  The base was at the end of Schoodic Point,  where Schoodic Institute is now.  You've got to love Lobster boats.  :USA:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Here's a pic I took from the cab of the truck this morning.

I believe that bird is a great egret.

IMG_20220418_104509668.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Lobster boats

I moved to Maine in July of 2000.

I started working for the parts department of an extraordinarily large Chevrolet dealership.

The manager was giving me a tour of the facilities and I noted that they had right there in stock.... A crate engine 292 straight 6.

I was like.... WTH????

He looks at me and he says oh yeah. We sell one or two a year. I'm like, for what????

He says, lobstuh boats use 'um.  

Nothing quite like quiet morning in a desolate harbor and listening to a boat going from trap to trap to trap.  

• Excellent 3

Oldskool
54 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Here's a pic I took from the cab of the truck this morning.

I believe that bird is a great egret.

IMG_20220418_104509668.jpg

I believe you are correct. We have had a few come up this way in the last few years.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

When I was stationed in Winter Harbor, one of our gate guards, (a local from Millbridge, Me.),  had a Lobster boat that was having engine problems.  Turned out to be head gaskets.  I tore the engine apart and fixed it for him...a Pontiac 389.  As payment, he took 6 of us Cod fishing (hand lining) in that boat.  We went out to the drop off (shelf), it was a foggy day and the sea was calm, like glass.  You guessed it, I got sea sick.  No bearings in the fog.  Then the fog cleared and the sun came out...then I was OK.  I caught one Blow Fish.  :bow-blue:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oldskool
53 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I moved to Maine in July of 2000.

I started working for the parts department of an extraordinarily large Chevrolet dealership.

The manager was giving me a tour of the facilities and I noted that they had right there in stock.... A crate engine 292 straight 6.

I was like.... WTH????

He looks at me and he says oh yeah. We sell one or two a year. I'm like, for what????

He says, lobstuh boats use 'um.  

Nothing quite like quiet morning in a desolate harbor and listening to a boat going from trap to trap to trap.  

There was a dealership down in Machias years ago. They had a box car full of new crate engines. All Buick 350s.

Same reason. New out the door 500 bucks. So cheap it almost made me buy a Buick. Just to put a new engine in it lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Oldskool
1 minute ago, stevasaurus said:

When I was stationed in Winter Harbor, one of our gate guards, (a local from Millbridge, Me.).  He had a Lobster boat that was having engine problems.  Turned out to be head gaskets.  I tore the engine apart and fixed it for him...a Pontiac 389.  As payment, he took 6 of us Cod fishing (hand lining) in that boat. 

I believe that would have been my deceased step-father John.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

I believe that would have been my deceased step-father John.

Absolutely floors me how small of a world this is.  

• Heart 3

stevasaurus

Right, we talked about this before.  John Purington (sp)...excellent people...they had Chris and me over for dinner one night...he had some home made blueberry wine.  :occasion-xmas:  Showed me how to fix holes in a fishing net.  By Jesus!!!   

• Like 3

Oldskool
2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Right, we talked about this before.  John Purington (sp)...excellent people...they had Chris and me over for dinner one night...he had some home made blueberry wine.  :occasion-xmas:  Showed me how to fix holes in a fishing net.  By Jesus!!!   

Yes sir, By Jesus lol you are correct.

• Like 2

Oldskool

Nothing like getting stoned at work. Excuse the play on words lol.

20220429_143113.jpg

20220429_143138.jpg

20220429_143039.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Dan.gerous

Not exactly my office window, but looking out my cabin as we leave Shetland.

Little Peter is my work buddy (red arrow) we are on the same watch each day.

20220406_172849.jpg

20220406_173844.jpg

20220406_173833.jpg

Edited by Dan.gerous
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Sparky

Wasn’t in the office this week…and pics are not allowed at to many places where I work.

Spent this last week in Virginia and this is the view from my hotel balcony (I did work some at the hotel on laptop so it kinda counts). Chesapeake Bay is what your looking at. One day shot and one night shot. 

BC9EA185-E60E-4BDE-8BF5-1F72149C7800.jpeg

5D174E4D-8534-48B0-A5EF-0BF6C5BC1585.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
6 hours ago, Dan.gerous said:

Not exactly my office window, but looking out my cabin as we leave Shetland.

Glad to see you back. Lovely Orangerie there. Perhaps add a Monet Water Lilies reproduction?

Had the opportunity to cross the Channel on a Brittany ferry (Portsmouth-Caen) a week ago. Leaving port we passed the UK aircraft carrier Queen Elizabeth, which was about twice the size of the ferry in LOA and displacement. A very impressive vessel, I must say.

I can see how a ferry crew has tons of work and could become distracted! Beautiful sights and lots of marine traffic to keep wide of. We had a decent load of HGVs and autos, but a fairly light load of passengers. Still early for vacationers, of course. Plus, with Brexit and the strict EU residency requirements for owning seasonal use property, many, many UK citizens have had to give up their "holiday" homes in France. 

Best of luck with the residential transitions.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

Not today but a few days ago on a D6N 

F4E29DAB-FB17-4904-814D-B04051FD1BA6.jpeg

Edited by c-series don
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Dan.gerous
14 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Glad to see you back. Lovely Orangerie there. Perhaps add a Monet Water Lilies reproduction?

Had the opportunity to cross the Channel on a Brittany ferry (Portsmouth-Caen) a week ago. Leaving port we passed the UK aircraft carrier Queen Elizabeth, which was about twice the size of the ferry in LOA and displacement. A very impressive vessel, I must say.

I can see how a ferry crew has tons of work and could become distracted! Beautiful sights and lots of marine traffic to keep wide of. We had a decent load of HGVs and autos, but a fairly light load of passengers. Still early for vacationers, of course. Plus, with Brexit and the strict EU residency requirements for owning seasonal use property, many, many UK citizens have had to give up their "holiday" homes in France. 

Best of luck with the residential transitions.

Thanks Don, this year is going to be more about doing things I enjoy rather than working endlessly.

Will see if the art department can recreate a Monet, the females in the house are all quite talented.

Ferries are the most boring ships around, we are just robots going through the same routine day after day, never go anywhere new, and the run I am on is the back of beyond so don't even get many interesting vehicles. I used to work for P&O on the Dover/Calais run and that was a bit more interesting as the car deck always had cool things coming and going. I met  motorcycle racer Tito Rabat one time, and spent half an hour talking to him on the deck, back before he was World Champion in the Moto2 class. My favourite ships are research vessels, you travel all around the world, the job changes every day and you are always meeting new people - pity the money and time away from home are both rubbish.

Luckily we travel on our NZ passports so Brexit shouldnt make much difference for the move to France. Thats at least a year away, need to do some serious saving first, but we are ready for a change of country and looking forward to having to learn a new language.

• Like 3