Sign in to follow this  
sjoemie himself

1986 512-D

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• sjoemie himself
      By sjoemie himself
      Hi all.
      This topic will be dedicated to the upgrades and modifications I'm going to do to my 512-D with sweeper attachment.
      The plan was to complete my mini IH 1468 before starting to work on the Wheel Horse but since the leaves are coming down quick I developed an 'itch' to get working on the Wheel Horse. 

First things first, I had to get it running again. New ignition switch and new inline fuse, aswell as cutting out all unnecessary (for now) stuff solved the non-running issue.

Dashboard wiring seems to be OK

This is a mess. Two unnecessary relais, one unnecessary switch and a bunch of unnecessary wires everywhere.

Next up will be a new battery and probably some modifications to the pto-clutch and new oil all around. Also I'm on the lookout for new filter elements for the oilbath filter for the Robin DY41D engine.

Done for now.

Major upgrades and or restoration will have to wait until after I finish the Murray to IH 1468 project.

Running again. Listen to that THUMP! 
      Almost forgot to mention.. probably needs some new rubber mounts 

Greetings from the Netherlands, Mark 

• sjoemie himself
      By sjoemie himself
      A while ago I picked up a Canadiana 5hp heavy duty tiller. It features forward and reverse control and you could buy add on implements for it.

My example unfortunately suffered a catastrofic engine faillure a.k.a. 'window' in the block. Hence it was cheap so I picked it up. The idea I had for it was to mount it on the rear of my 'Murray to IH 1568' build. However since I bought a Wheel Horse i've been thinking about mounting it on the front of that tractor.
      This is what i'm thinking..

• sjoemie himself
      By sjoemie himself
      Hello, new member here. My name is Mark and i'm from the Netherlands. The tractor virus is running in my blood since I was a little kid. I have a few hundred 1/32 and some 1/16th scale model tractors. And since a few weeks my second garden tractor.

Stumbled upon this goldmine of a forum after purchasing a Wheel horse 512-D with sweeper recently. Only after buying I found out that these tractors are not too common with the Robin diesel engine.
      I've already scrolled through several threads and many beautiful pictures. Hoping to learn a lot and maybe add a little of my own knowledge here and there.

Greetings from the Netherlands, Mark