ebinmaine

Tractor lift options for BBT?

ebinmaine
40 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

My respect for having that much trust in wood and screws :hide:

It looks good but I gotta ask. Are you comfortable with hanging a tractor on that rail?

Absolutely.  

But it isn't likely to happen.  

This'll be used for swapping engines for the most part.   

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

@sjoemie himself

Mark, post #30 gives a description of the holding capacity and my expectations.  

This crane setup should be capable of holding THREE tractors on a very conservative estimate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sjoemie himself
7 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

swapping engines for the most part

That makes perfect sense. Still impressed with holding up an entire tractor.

That being said, the way you 'mericans build and the way us euro's do it differs quite a bit. That's probably why I'm a bit distrustful of the wood and screw option.

Edit: I read post #30. Should hold up well :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by sjoemie himself
Added info
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
Just now, sjoemie himself said:

That makes perfect sense. Still impressed with holding up an entire tractor.

That being said, the way you 'mericans build and the way us euro's do it differs quite a bit. That's probably why I'm a bit distrustful of the wood and screw option.

It varies region to region in the US too.  

Here in the Northeast we have a wood as a resource so that's what's used.  

That said, BBT and I have enough common sense that we would NEVER put a body part under a heavy item that isn't solidly supported by jack stands or blocks. 

This mini crane is only to get a heavy item off the ground to the solid support. 

• Like 1

peter lena

@c-series don  like that lift table , thats a perfect spot to set up  plow / attachments  for  actual function . using a roller stool , you can detail the hell out of  your set up . looking at it right at movement point , has led me to washer / firm / lubricate , lever rod functions , eliminate the play / sloppiness of thrust . my plows swing , and engage with out effort . typically done that to all  original  movement points . the hand squeeze lever rod , can be gently firmed up at end points , making it much better at response. to spring pull / pin  at quadrant , red grease. once I  started doing that , just did the same basic detailing to all my  movement points . enjoy that set up , pete    

• Like 3

c-series don

@peter lena I must honestly say that I’ve never run across someone so infatuated with lubrication, and I actually love it! I even have to oil my floor jack wheels often so it rolls like a dream! 

• Excellent 2

peter lena

@c-series don   as a mechanical millwright , was regularly thrown into a  ---- storm , had to immediately make a plan to get it back on production line . had to adapt  to anything , thats what makes me detail function and lubricate movement points . just look at the total problem , opportunity to  eliminate it ? probably . most of the stuff I  see is rust bound , and barely working , 2 stage view , obviousely change out problem , detail and lubricate new set up , eliminate  binding areas , key in on , function . how does a trunnion , joint / fitting compare to a heim joint ? binding choke and throttle cables ?  3 areas ,  super lube oil , spring return on linkage pull , cable layout binding . super lube as you go , it just works as it should . thanks for the  words , enjoy what  I  change / improve , pete    

• Excellent 2

RandyLittrell

I guess I missed this thread. 

Eric, I built a work platform out of scrap wood from plate glass crates and only have a few bucks in it.

I made a gap in the middle so you can crawl under to work on things under the tractor while sitting up. 

I made a lip under there so I can use boards in the middle for jacks and such, but slide them out of the way. 

I use a boat winch on the front to winch them up on bench and have had my loader tractor on it with no problem. Very sturdy. 

You could put casters all around to move it with a smooth floor or wheels under just one end and pull it with a tractor from building to building. 

20210708_103853.jpg.3afe54be2e6e1484833f74ec0d5a4175.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

I guess I missed this thread

I'll let that slide just this once but I'm gonna need you to pay better attention.  

:ROTF:

I'm kidding.  I'm kidding.  I'm kidding.  

No worries...

I gotta tell ya what there mister man.  That platform is slick. Like the scrap wood idea. I worked for a glass factory. Them crates is some rugged.  

Also like the mobility thought especially considering we're trying to make most of our work pieces movable.  

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I gotta tell ya what there mister man.  That platform is slick. Like the scrap wood idea

Thank ya sir!!!  I have lowered it since I first built it, and that pic is the lowered height. I think it's about 16" now or so. 

I want to build a new one in the future from steel tubing and make it so I can lift or raise the whole thing or just lower one end for getting tractors on and off. But it works great just like it is! 

Randy

• Like 1