Oldskool

Custom golf cart

Pullstart

Maybe try a Venturi style pipe expansion?  If the pipe on the snow machine is 1.5”, run a 1.75” tube over the end for a few inches.  Allow a gap, but plan on the movement of air to suck more fresh air through?  I don’t know, but that would be how I start.  At the end of the day, I doubt you’re using all the power the engine has to offer, so it shouldn’t matter too much.

• Like 1

Oldskool
8 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

At the end of the day, I doubt you’re using all the power the engine has to offer, so it shouldn’t matter too much.

You are probably correct with that assumption.

I've heard stories of "don't mess with snowmobile exhaust" I just don't want to melt a piston because I altered the exhaust 

• Like 1

wallfish
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

@Pullstart any thoughts on if it is possible to add pipe to a snowmobile exhaust beyond the muffler/expansion chamber without any ill effects.

I would like to extend it to the back of the buggy

Don't go too small which would create any additional back pressure and you should be fine. Basically just directing the flow to the rear with a bigger pipe.

Kevin's idea may allow for using a smaller pipe by allowing air to suck in at that connection

• Like 1

Oldskool
4 hours ago, wallfish said:

Don't go too small which would create any additional back pressure and you should be fine. 

My thought was going another 1/3 bigger on the dia. due to having some bends in it

• Like 1