slim67

1950 Farmall Cub

slim67

I have a neighbor up the road that informed me the the Farmall Cub that his parents bought new in 1950 is finally for sale. It comes with a snow blade, flail mower, scoop bucket, bottom plow, trailer, cultivators and possibly a seeder. We were trying to figure out what it’s worth and I told him I would reach out to the members here. I don’t think I need to ask anywhere else but redsquare as I feel there’s more than enough people with knowledge of vintage tractors and the like. So what do all of you think? I appreciate any input. It has not run in 6 years FYI but I’m going to help him get it going since he is a friend in need. Plus I can finally drive a Cub cause I’m not likely to own one anytime soon. 

2F6F8279-4939-460F-9622-E8E99ECBF9E1.jpeg

ABA470F2-62D3-45B7-B57D-94D816DC2A73.jpeg

AC065DCF-5085-45AC-9448-3B429D60AAA5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

953 nut

Wow!    that looks lie it has been loved and cared for. @T-Mo could probably help with a price.

• Like 1

Achto
2 hours ago, slim67 said:

Plus I can finally drive a Cub cause I’m not likely to own one anytime soon. 

Ummm..... why not see if you can bring this one home????  She looks like a clean one owner.:)

I know this is a wide range, but I would say $2,000 to 5,000. Condition is of course a factor so running would bring more coin.

• Like 1

T-Mo

Value will be hard to determine, since it has a lot of implements with it.  Flail mowers aren't rare, but not that common either.  If it runs and the touch control is still working that's a plus.  I would suggest you register and post this at http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/.  You might get some offers, especially on some of the implements, and you will get better advice than what I can give.

BTW, that Cub has the unsafe fuel cap.  IH did a recall back in the '70s to replace those fuel caps with a better, pressurized one.  Amazing you can still get a free, replacement cap from Navstar by going here:  https://www.ihgascap.com/index.aspx

• Like 4

slim67

Thanks guys that’s a start. I’d love to have it but it’s not in the budget nor do I have space or need for a tractor of this size. He was thinking 3500 for the whole package.

peter lena

@slim67  imagine that , MADE IN USA , WHARES THAT ? hope you get it , that old steel is so worth saving , pete 

slim67
51 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@slim67  imagine that , MADE IN USA , WHARES THAT ? hope you get it , that old steel is so worth saving , pete 

Not this one Pete but I am going to get it running for him. He has another for sale in not as good a condition I am going to look at soon.

peter lena

peter lena

@slim67 boy just the idea of waking up something like that is a great opportunity , helped a guy get an old j/d  MT tractor , with 16 hp , that thing was a beast , used to cut down trees about 6 ft high ,and take a strain on it , start pulling out the roots , and chain saw them , and just keep going . get it hot and it was amazing . pay attention to your fuel and get some seafoam  and stabil in your start up . glad for you , pete 

slim67

Yeah but waking up to my wife after spending 3500 would be rough.

• Haha 1

JoeM
43 minutes ago, slim67 said:

Yeah but waking up to my wife after spending 3500 would be rough.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! :hide:

• Haha 2

slim67
2 hours ago, JoeM said:

That’s the saying😀

Handy Don
On 9/8/2021 at 4:53 PM, JoeM said:

23 hours ago, slim67 said:

That’s the saying😀

It may be easier, but it can still be pretty painful and take just as long (or longer).

• Haha 1