Marv

PTO Bearings Replace Pictorial

Marv

For those who have never done this.

two notes:

The short bar ,right side of tool picture, is made from a piece of 3/8 flat stock. It is 1.772 long and the ends are rounded to fit in the outer bearing bore of the bell.

The ring is 5/16 thick to be used when installing the inner bearing. It sets the bearing to allow installation of the seal.

Hope this will be helpful to someone.

Marv

DSC03597.JPG

DSC03575.JPG

DSC03576.JPG

DSC03578.JPG

DSC03579.JPG

DSC03580.JPG

DSC03581.JPG

DSC03582.JPG

DSC03583.JPG

DSC03598.JPG

DSC03586.JPG

DSC03587.JPG

DSC03588.JPG

DSC03589.JPG

DSC03590.JPG

DSC03591.JPG

DSC03592.JPG

DSC03593.JPG

DSC03594.JPG

DSC03596.JPG

DSC03600.JPG

DSC03599.JPG

DSC03601.JPG

DSC03602.JPG

DSC03603.JPG

DSC03575.JPG

DSC03604.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

Outstanding!    This needs to be included in the "Wheel Horse Reference" section of instructional threads.

• Like 2

peter lena

@Marv, terrific , break down and rebuild pectoral , something that I  have added to all my bearings is  lucas  x-tra  heavy duty , polyurea rated , hi temp 560 drop point  , ant sling grease , at walmart , https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lucas-Oil-Xtra-Heavy-Duty-Grease-Green-14-5-oz/36052505  for 5,$  . use this on , spindle bearings and related, mule drive bearings , those 6203 bearings , are typically filled with a generic grease , that quickly starts to whine and gets noisier , a clean out and re grease , make them pretty bulletproof . no offence , intended , just something that i regularly add to any bearing issue , good job , pete  

vogli

@Marv I really appreciate good "pictures of how to do stuff". For those of us with the willingness to tear stuff apart, but lacking experience, or even the knowledge of what things are called...it's invaluable. Thanks for doing this!

Suggestion, parts laid out with written labels (ie. one of @stevasaurus's transmission teardown pictorials, I forget which) is also really valuable. Sometimes I don't even know what stuff is called, so it's hard to search for parts or ask questions that can be clearly understood by knowledgeable people.

For example, when working on my car, I had to search through rockauto by category, looking at pictures, to figure out that the piece of cast aluminum that holds my wheel bearing/hub, connects to the tie rods and suspension is called a "steering knuckle".

• Excellent 2

Marv
On 9/5/2021 at 1:16 PM, vogli said:

@Marv I really appreciate good "pictures of how to do stuff". For those of us with the willingness to tear stuff apart, but lacking experience, or even the knowledge of what things are called...it's invaluable. Thanks for doing this!

Suggestion, parts laid out with written labels (ie. one of @stevasaurus's transmission teardown pictorials, I forget which) is also really valuable. Sometimes I don't even know what stuff is called, so it's hard to search for parts or ask questions that can be clearly understood by knowledgeable people.

For example, when working on my car, I had to search through rockauto by category, looking at pictures, to figure out that the piece of cast aluminum that holds my wheel bearing/hub, connects to the tie rods and suspension is called a "steering knuckle".

I think so too. I just haven't learned how to do that.

marv