Pullstart

New Toy Hauler

WHX??

Better ? is how you get the Senior to the BS?!?!? We need some seat time on it ya know.... Dan is jonesin! I would rather see you haul it enclosed so my offer is still open. Dan and I have a mission from God to check out a small herd of thundering round hoods in a couple of weeks in southern WI. 

20190710_153042.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
21 minutes ago, stevebo said:

Where the heck will everyone sit otw to the big show??

4F5F9FAF-5E87-4C10-AC52-040842116E3C.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 7

Pullstart

@stevebo we’ll still bring Norman the 4 door to haul the camper.

@WHX24 the Senior might just ride in the back of Norman all by itself.  Ideal?   Not quite.  We might get all kinds of crazy and try to enclose the flat bed too.  Who knows if time will allow.

• Like 1

Achto
45 minutes ago, pullstart said:

@stevebo we’ll still bring Norman the 4 door to haul the camper.

I would check the laws again, but I believe that it is legal to have passengers in camper trailer as long as it connected to the tow vehicle with a 5th wheel hitch and you have radio communication from the camper to the tow vehicle. A goose neck hitch was not acceptable for this. This would not help your trip to the big show but it might be a consideration with you new toy hauler.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk

So your driving 2 vehicles to the show. :rolleyes: I'm warning all of the fuel stations along the way to be on the look out! CHA-CHING!!! 

• Haha 5

Pullstart
5 minutes ago, squonk said:

So your driving 2 vehicles to the show. :rolleyes: I'm warning all of the fuel stations along the way to be on the look out! CHA-CHING!!! 

yeah, yeah.  Hey, not every gas station... it has two tanks!  :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Pullstart

I bet we’ll fill up three times each way... it might hurt the pocket book, but I made out money in the bank selling my 2020 and it’s just for the season until the toy hauler arrives.

CE3CE199-2F7B-4C15-8CF7-EE8A17DF9134.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart
21 minutes ago, Achto said:

I would check the laws again, but I believe that it is legal to have passengers in camper trailer as long as it connected to the tow vehicle with a 5th wheel hitch and you have radio communication from the camper to the tow vehicle. A goose neck hitch was not acceptable for this. This would not help your trip to the big show but it might be a consideration with you new toy hauler.  

I recently looked, even my bumper pull is legal to have passengers in MI, according to what I read!  Crazy idea, but it is what it is...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

SylvanLakeWH

Unless they’ve changed things, I don’t think so… :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Pullstart

Out with the new, in with the old!

D97C2611-D211-4139-8E55-1EC99D1A695C.jpeg

7A6F4E0A-FA3C-485A-A087-2C044D80CCC8.jpeg

• Excellent 3
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Unless they’ve changed things, I don’t think so… :eusa-think:

You can decipher the interpretation as you wish, but either way it doesn’t mean I’ll be tossing my family in my travel trailer any time soon :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

WHX??

Your Bro Tim Dan had all the regs on passengers in campers and I thought he told me it all had to do with how the 5th wheel is on the truck... CRS. Every state might be different? 

My idea still is the best Kev...you get my enclosed ...haul on out with my Senior &  everything safe then your crew stays in my hauler.  Dan's carcass gets stuffed in a tent and I don't feel bad about $$ in diesel to haul the camper all that way for two lousy nights!  How 'bout a week long BS!?!?!? :banana-rock:

• Like 1

Achto

I found this info from 2019 Camping World article on riding in campers.

States That Allow Riding in a Travel Trailer or Fifth-Wheel

The following states do allow you to ride in a travel trailer. However, each one has a different description of what kind of RV qualifies, so check your local laws.

Arizona

Arkansas

California

District of Columbia

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Iowa

Kentucky

Michigan

Mississippi 

Missouri

Montana (fifth-wheel only)

Nebraska

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania (fifth-wheel only)

Rhode Island

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

West Virginia

Wisconsin (fifth-wheel only)

It’s important to note that most fifth-wheel only states only allow use if there’s a two-way communication device between the driver and the passenger in the fifth-wheel. Also, always double check the laws in your area or the areas you’ll be traveling to and through. As I said above, the laws can change, and what used to be legal may not always be.

https://blog.campingworld.com/rv-basics/what-states-can-you-ride-in-a-travel-trailer-or-fifth-wheel/

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2

Achto
5 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

My idea still is the best Kev...you get my enclosed

I think he would be cheaper to just rent a U-Haul enclosed for the weekend instead of running to WI and back to grab your trailer.:twocents-twocents:

• Like 1

WHX??

We'd meet him somewhere south so as he can buy us a $40 hamburger! 

• Haha 3

Pullstart
11 minutes ago, Achto said:

I think he would be cheaper to just rent a U-Haul enclosed for the weekend instead of running to WI and back to grab your trailer.:twocents-twocents:

I tried that idea too.  It’s money wasted.  Buying a 454 flat bed is not.  :ROTF:

6 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

We'd meet him somewhere south so as he can buy us a $40 hamburger! 

US?!?  :lol:

I had a thought.  This might be far fetched.  I have Norman’s old engine needing some head work, the Texas truck’s blown Allison and a whole vehicle full of wires and computers.  

that would be slick to toss a Duramax/Allison combo in the flat bed!

• Excellent 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@pullstart I don't know what fuel costs in your area of the US . We are still taking it in the wallet due to the shut down of the east coast pipeline.  It is still $0.19 a gallon higher than it was before the shut down (87 Octane ).

• Sad 3

Pullstart
1 minute ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@pullstart I don't know what fuel costs in your area of the US . We are still taking it in the wallet due to the shut down of the east coast pipeline.  It is still $0.19 a gallon higher than it was before the shut down (87 Octane ).

Diesel reports here... it was more in Michigan ($3.25) than anywhere else going through Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia to Florida, then Florida through Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana on the way home.  (2.89-3.09 everywhere else)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
28 minutes ago, pullstart said:

toss a Duramax/Allison combo in the flat bed!

She's a project... anybody nuts enough to pull that off & succeed that be you tho! 

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto
30 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I tried that idea too.  It’s money wasted.

Was thinking trailer not a whole truck. 6x12 enclosed trailer would be about $200 for 5 days.

• Like 1

WHX??
2 minutes ago, Achto said:

Was thinking trailer when he brings mine back there be a few extra horses in it! :lol:

• Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Diesel reports here... it was more in Michigan ($3.25) than anywhere else…

Kevin now you know why our roads are so good…! 

:ROTF:

• Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

What is wrong with us , the flip flop kids buys what may turn into a POS everything is broke today and there are 45 comments. :ROTF::ROTF:  You guys have to find a new hobby and let us ole retired goats have fun taking about your WH projects. I had to got there.

• Haha 5

WHX??

Me thinks you nee to take another one of those little blue pills Jimbo... thhhaaatll keep ya busy! :lol:

• Haha 3

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

What is wrong with us , the flip flop kids buys what may turn into a POS everything is broke today and there are 45 comments. :ROTF::ROTF:  You guys have to find a new hobby and let us ole retired goats have fun taking about your WH projects. I had to got there.

Hey, you don’t have to comment and there will only be 44... :orcs-cheers:  It’s pretty good and solid.  It was a little warm after driving home yesterday, so along with a quick tune up, I’m changing the thermostat and it should be good.  No spare tire, so I found a pair of 19.5” dually wheels with good tires for sale too.