kpinnc

The whatchamacallit

peter lena

@kpinnc  that twin is the deal , what is the most satisfying thig that you have done for improvement  reliability , ease of operation ?  personally look for that in a change , eliminate a chronic issue , into solid usage ease . just asking , pete

kpinnc

Thanks pete! @peter lena

The Vanguard engine is the same one that repowered one of my 520s years back. They're very good engines. I have several of them. 

Smooth power, lots of torque, and fuel efficient. Tiny footprint compared to other brands as well. Plus a ball bearing supported crank. Not many of those still out there!

Most everything I build is just something I want to try out.  Sometimes I just can't leave "well enough" alone!

Picture003~2.jpg

Edited by kpinnc

peter lena

@kpinnc  thanks for the reply , " most everything i build is just something i want to try out " , personally have that same mind set to a nagging issue . been doing that for many things , throughout life , adapting it to my idea of functional ease. might start bouncing ideas to you for your take on it ," the repetition of a problem is your greatest opportunity to make that problem go away ". as a millwright , I  keyed in on failures / for cures , many times hiding in plane sight , looking right at you . just because something was built / set up that way , does not mean that you cannot make it better / more reliable / easier to work . always tweakin . pete

19richie66
9 hours ago, kpinnc said:

Sometimes I just can't leave "well enough" alone!

Glad I’m not alone. Sometimes it bites me but when I get something that works….. it makes me smile. :D

• Like 2

kpinnc
6 hours ago, peter lena said:

just because something was built / set up that way , does not mean that you cannot make it better / more reliable / easier to work . always tweakin . pete

Agreed 100%.

That being said, not all of my ideas work out- at least not how they start in my tiny mind. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

kpinnc
5 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Glad I’m not alone. Sometimes it bites me but when I get something that works….. it makes me smile. 

It is a good feeling for sure. 

My wife walked in on me several times when I'm tractoring and asked "why are you just staring at it?". I can't make her understand why that is 90% of the time spent!

• Like 1

peter lena

@kpinnc had a similar wife input on  a number of things I  do , tell her  interest level is similar , just different things we are lookin at . still in training  55 years . pete

kpinnc
8 hours ago, peter lena said:

still in training  55 years

As it should be sir! :P

My wife takes damn good care of me. I don't mind her training!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lee1977

I came by on 52 on my way home, but I had been fighting detours and road construction all day in SC, so I just kept on trucking.

• Like 1