SylvanLakeWH

1982 C-85 Black Hoodie

peter lena

@SylvanLakeWH  I  too have a  1982 c-85 , bought it new , few years back , did a 12 horse magnum swap , best change out  I've done, found a solid engine in NY , low hours , put many upgrades into every operational area , runs like a bear , also did a front axel swap , that I  got in a swap , low hours on that too . after 40 + years , its still my favorite, went over all my wiring , etc , think ill keep it pete   

• Excellent 1

Thor27

Come on @peter lena Can't just toss that out here without a picture...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Here it is in the barn, all the GT14 fender stuff laid out.  C-6.5, or GTC6.5?  This isn’t just a bolt on swap I realize, there’s a lot of differences to consider.  Frame width is 6.25” vs. 8”, different belt guards, different center counsel, dash stand, etc.  With the predator engine, I don’t need the tractor fuel tank or supports…. I could even add what 3 point stuff I have off the GT14 and see what sticks!  I like the brand new turf treads, but even considered 953/1054/GT14 4-lug hubs and 15” wheels and tires!

0457376C-0E0A-46E3-8ED9-E1CFB186AE16.jpeg

85CB7A8A-F748-4933-A61A-C6EEAEB3EC81.jpeg

26E096CB-0976-459B-B8B1-5466E7338D9A.jpeg

E33ABBB4-F29B-4306-AD89-3ADCA2F6B71B.jpeg

• Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

Would look pretty cool with the gt stuff. I’d leave the tires though… show the nubbies off… :twocents-twocents:

• Haha 1

Pullstart
38 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Would look pretty cool with the gt stuff. I’d leave the tires though… show the nubbies off… :twocents-twocents:

@WHX?? @19richie66 what do you fellas think about nubbies?  :confusion-confused:

• Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH
Just now, Pullstart said:

@WHX?? @19richie66 what do you fellas think about nubbies?  :confusion-confused:

That is the real reason to keep them on and show them off with pride… :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

19richie66

Some people collect nubbies :laughing-rolling:  Funny you post this as I have this 417/12-A I mow with that needs a hood and sheetmetal. I have a lot of gt14 stuff laying around. Kinda scary we were both on the same page of the book about the same time. I’ll be interested to see what you come up with. I know Kelly put a gt14 fender set on a C195 diesel. That was neat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Some people collect nubbies :laughing-rolling:  Funny you post this as I have this 417/12-A I mow with that needs a hood and sheetmetal. I have a lot of gt14 stuff laying around. Kinda scary we were both on the same page of the book about the same time. I’ll be interested to see what you come up with. I know Kelly put a gt14 fender set on a C195 diesel. That was neat. 

Lowell has a mutt shown at last year’s J&C plow day.  It’s got a mix of GT14 and Raider stuff too.  As fun as it would be, I’d really like to make it look like a factory job.

19richie66

This is fantastic. It’s how I would do it. Kelly did a jam up job on it. 

4CA42A98-624F-4848-B703-48C8BB0317AB.jpeg

EFB6C075-33E7-4EC1-8428-7A01EACCCB1C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Kelly

That just guarantees the fact that it needs 15” wheels and tires to finish the rear!  And a 3 point :happy-bouncyred: 

• Like 2

WHX??
17 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

No thanks ..... trying to quit..... 

• Haha 3

Pullstart

@19richie66 that front view is pretty awesome!  Fits pretty awesome!

From Kelly’s thread:

8948CCF7-CBBD-4F7D-8476-602DBE28E801.jpeg

19richie66

I saved many a pictures from this build as I was hoping to do something similar down the road. We’ll see. I have most of the parts to do but never had a tractor to do it with. The one I mow with now will make a good candidate later on. For now I just keep collecting parts. I have a 520HC rear I was going to do the axle swap on so the width would work. Also have a D series three point, all the sheetmetal, the black hood and dash stand. Just no where to do it till I get somewhere to work set up. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

Pullstart
30 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

I saved many a pictures from this build as I was hoping to do something similar down the road. We’ll see. I have most of the parts to do but never had a tractor to do it with. The one I mow with now will make a good candidate later on. For now I just keep collecting parts. I have a 520HC rear I was going to do the axle swap on so the width would work. Also have a D series three point, all the sheetmetal, the black hood and dash stand. Just no where to do it till I get somewhere to work set up. 

Though I have the machine (with no demand), all the parts I think I’ll need, and the shop to do it, you’re probably leagues ahead of me!

SylvanLakeWH
4 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Though I have the machine (with no demand), all the parts I think I’ll need, and the shop to do it, you’re probably leagues ahead of me!

Oh come on… you could have that knocked out by lunch… stop posting and get a move on… and keep those nubbies!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

19richie66
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

I wouldn’t go that far but I am humbled you think that. Just a guy that loves to tinker, just like you. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

GT14 stuff fits fairly well!  Obviously the tires are too small now!

84ED14DB-C25C-43DC-B8D5-141585A1A0FF.jpeg

4536EEF3-528F-421B-B5DC-9D5EC6CCD49F.jpeg

1351CFF8-6EAD-44C4-9714-C5605E73B067.jpeg

• Excellent 3

Pullstart

Maybe I need a GT-6.5 Dually…. 🤔 

628F8241-9AD7-4AE1-B67A-3447BDC51A71.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Here’s a 27” tall tire I might use for mock-up.  I’ll need to modify the leg guards a bit.

F0378DB9-57CE-4A39-84E6-FD9584C56CC2.jpeg

B9C611A2-498C-41D7-A74A-032E31EAB9E6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

• Excellent 2

953 nut
On 7/7/2022 at 8:31 AM, Pullstart said:

Here it is in the barn, all the GT14 fender stuff laid out.  C-6.5, or GTC6.5?

:angry-tappingfoot:     Kevin, don't you think this deserves its own build thread rather than hijacking the one @SylvanLakeWH had going?   :ychain:

• Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
10 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:angry-tappingfoot:     Kevin, don't you think this deserves its own build thread rather than hijacking the one @SylvanLakeWH had going?   :ychain:

In Kevin’s defense, perhaps he was thinking the long history of this :wh: was necessary to be preserved in its entirety so future generations would have benefit of its pure pedigree, thus insuring its place in the annals of time… :banana-linedance:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut
21 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

In Kevin’s defense

Litigating Nursing Home Abuse Cases | Getting Legal Aid    The court rules for the defense!  Kevin @Pullstart may continue to hijack your thread if he desires!  However, this ruling in no way establishes a precedent empowering others to hijack threads at will.       :ROTF:

• Haha 4