Wheel Horse 3D

All in the Details!

Wheel Horse 3D

Every now and then you see a picture in s different light...i posted this earlier today and got to looking closer...and realized, Yup thats my life!

1.Front and center..the current project in focus

2.Scattered about the main focus...all the other stuff youre still working on and reveal your main talents..electrical tape and a 9v battery, yep electronics

3. All the little stuff in the background that makes up your life and interests

A yooho box and fidgit spinner for kids and grandson, encroaching even into Pawpaws lab.

Mrs Wicker basket also in my lab

Then theres cigar boxes and humidor, an old wooden card catalog, a military ammo pouch right next to a drinking horn and leather satchel.

Yup i lead a pretty good life!

sketch-1618845954087.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Wheel Horse 3D

I just realized..i must not drink enough alchohol, theres none in that pic!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

Wheel Horse 3D

oh and my antique folding rule at the bottom there, beside the hopefully well sealed jar of paint on its side!

formariz

Through out my life in the process of learning and perfecting my craft I was always taught that one can tell a lot about an individual by observing his work place and everything in it. One item in particular the bench since they are as individual as the users themselves. Where most see clutter , disorganization there is information about ones life and what moves that individual. It’s a book, one has only to read it and understand it. It is important specially when the inevitable happens and one passes that the dear ones left value and appreciate all of those things in that chaotic environment and not rush and “clean it up” since that will basically destroy many pages of the book making it hard or impossible to decipher. I have spent my life preserving such “ books” or putting them back together to leave them for the ones following my footsteps.

Yes I agree with your final assessment and concur also that I live a good life. Thank you for seeing what should be obvious but many times it’s not.

• Heart 2

wallfish
21 minutes ago, formariz said:

Through out my life in the process of learning and perfecting my craft I was always taught that one can tell a lot about an individual by observing his work place and everything in it. One item in particular the bench since they are as individual as the users themselves. Where most see clutter , disorganization there is information about ones life and what moves that individual. It’s a book, one has only to read it and understand it. It is important specially when the inevitable happens and one passes that the dear ones left value and appreciate all of those things in that chaotic environment and not rush and “clean it up” since that will basically destroy many pages of the book making it hard or impossible to decipher. I have spent my life preserving such “ books” or putting them back together to leave them for the ones following my footsteps.

Yes I agree with your final assessment and concur also that I live a good life. Thank you for seeing what should be obvious but many times it’s not.

Crap! My life is a mess

• Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D

did @formariz just call my workspace messy?!!!! :ROTF:       From seeing that gorgeous workspace he has and how tidily everything has its place, and THAT BIG BEAUTIFUL BENCH!.... I'm honored!:bow-blue:

Pullstart

So... I should quit my failing attempt to clean the shop!?  :ROTF:

• Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Expanding on that photo...20210223_211001.jpg.8c5bac62bb907fd29dc7ce19944b6c54.jpg

Resized_20200818_100859(1).jpeg

19richie66
49 minutes ago, pullstart said:

So... I should quit my failing attempt to clean the shop!?  :ROTF:

No ....... keep cleaning. 

formariz
18 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

did @formariz just call my workspace messy?!!!! :ROTF:       From seeing that gorgeous workspace he has and how tidily everything has its place, and THAT BIG BEAUTIFUL BENCH!.... I'm honored!:bow-blue:

What seems messy to others is most of the times perfect organization to the user. It also depends on what it is we do. Some professions or craft are just messy in their nature or on how one has to go about it. Not everything around here is always tidy. Much of what I do specially on the bench involves tools which need to be razor sharp. Untidiness or clutter in that case leads to damaged edges and tools which perform less than they should . On the other hand gluing up stuff which is always associated with all kinds of panic regardless of how much one prepares makes the place look like there was some kind of explosion here.

47C456F2-6D97-4722-8751-FD0929BD883D.jpeg.4d2f7bf7cd63f864326896600f3ead1c.jpeg

Edited by formariz

Wheel Horse 3D
43 minutes ago, formariz said:

some kind of explosion here.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=74de1d643bd8402f

LOL love all the knolling going on with your chisels! "Always be Knolling!"  ,"And so we knoll on, organizing a wold borne ceaselessly into chaos", "What do ya knoll about that!", "wait...I  knoll! (just not as much as i should!)":ROTF:

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

formariz
19 hours ago, wallfish said:

Crap! My life is a mess

Many times we think that, but it is not always so. From the mess and chaos beautiful results from your talents but more importantly from your deeds emerge.

E8CD0E7F-92E5-4BFE-8512-C676ABCB111D.jpeg.1707411c4ed4a525801a7e4bb904aff1.jpeg

Edited by formariz
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

That IS some awesome work @wallfish !

Jeff-C175

image.png.88cf598d1f9fcc1486e3c3b2653d60e4.png

You made that out of TOOTHPICKS?  WOW!

formariz
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

image.png.88cf598d1f9fcc1486e3c3b2653d60e4.png

Not only that most things on it work. Wheels turn, steering steers , plow lifts I think( we’ll have to ask John I am afraid to touch it) and it can be completely disassembled. A precious piece by precious hands.

• Excellent 1

wallfish
5 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

That IS some awesome work @wallfish !

3 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Thank You Guys!!

Did a build thread on it while making it if you want to check it out. Plenty of pics but plenty of chatter too. It was fun

Toothpick RJ

2 hours ago, formariz said:

precious hands

Yeah, just ask my wife how precious! LoL

• Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
22 minutes ago, wallfish said:

build thread

For once, I'm speechless!  well... sorta... amazing stuff!  Bravo!

By the way,  there are videos on YT that I'm sure you've seen of guys that have built entire cities out of matchsticks.

His Star Wars Falcon is incredible.  Hell, it's ALL incredible!

Wheel Horse 3D

I already saw wallfish's build thred..awesome!