953 nut

Please don't rush on my account!

953 nut

In January of 2019 I filed our income tax forms because we were anticipating a refund. I made an inquiry in June and got the old "Don't you know we are in a pandemic" response. In November I received a nastygram letter from the IRS saying I had never filed my tax return and the whole thing was my fault. If I didn't respond within 15 days there would be penalties assessed. Sent in copies of all forms in November and today I received my 2019 tax refund with interest but only from November, not January.           :soapbox:

• Sad 8

BOB ELLISON

Richard it was all your fault.  The IRS doesn't make mistakes. He he he

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I filed 1 week before they were even excepting tax returns. I use turbotax and it usually takes 2 or 3 weeks to get both state and federal refunds. This year it took 6 weeks before I got the federal refund.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@953 nut I filed the same way as @BOB ELLISON and it took about 5 weeks to get my refund . A little under $200.00 , you would think they had to print the money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

roadapples
5 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

you would think they had to print the money.

May have been the case. They can't seem to print it fast enough....

• Sad 3

JoeM

I hear the paper returns for 2019 sat in tractor trailers though June at the IRS docks because they had limited staff on site. I figure a combination of the PO and IRS under covid restrictions really threw a wrench in the works.

I know the accounting firm i use has gone 100% electronic for 2020. No more paper they say. Only 0's and 1's!

Probably the IRS is on electronic return overload now causing extended time frames. They never plan ahead. 

Edited by JoeM
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

rmaynard

I have used TurboTax since 2007. Federal refund always came within two weeks. No difference this year. However, I have not received my State refund yet this year. I filed in February.

• Like 3

rjg854

I use a different service, Taxslayer, had my federal and state returns, within a week. I was actually surprised at how quick they went thru.  Must be my clean living  :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 5

WHX??
41 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Must be my clean living  :laughing-rolling:

:roll:

I used turbo as well and the IRS had no problem taking the  $127 out of my pocket I owed them right after I filed! Not enough with holding from my military pension I guess. At least they extended the filing deadline. 

JoeM

I used to tell my son when he whined about taxes. "If your a making it..... your a paying it!"  

He came in my home office one day and was just beside himself. I asked what's up? He said if just aint fair having to pay that much federal tax. I had pay stub on the desk and showed him what I paid. He got the big eyes, and i told him "welcome to my world!"

Now with the invent of the computer, can't hide. 

• Like 1

pfrederi

E filed via Turbo tax in late Feb 2020... Got Federal refund in Sept.  Filed paper Pennsylvania 3 March 2020 got refund 14 January 2021.  Note the extended the filing till may this year but NOT your estimated payments,  They were due yesterday....

formariz

I have filed electronically with Turbo Tax for over 15 years now. It has always worked out the same way . Returns both Federal and State are excepted within  24 hours sometimes less and wether a refund or payment, they are deposited or withdrawn from my account within 10 days.

Jeff-C175

I've tried most of the popular software programs over the years and even this year got both my State AND Federal within 2 weeks of filing.