D_Mac

Ok, So I bought this tonight... Now what??

D_Mac

I was going to use the new tires on the 857 but I am not a big fan of how the new tires look. They look golf cart'ish so I will keep the tires that are on the 857.

squonk
24 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

@rjg854 @squonk Why don't you just make him that offer that he can't refuse and go save it!! :occasion-xmas:

I already did when he got it. Now he's invested more than my offer.

D_Mac
1 minute ago, rjg854 said:

I would but he keeps dumping money into it and he still doesn't even know if it'll run so he's adding money to it that he really can't get out of it.

Thats what I mean.. Its worth more in parts but its to nice to part out. I still believe its worth every penny of what I have in it. I am sure the tractor as is and the plow are worth 225, am I wrong?

squonk

Plow is not the correct one for it but it will work. But it needs to be fixed to be usable. Plows are a dime a dozen. I have been burned on a non running hydro tractor before. I have a firm rule, unless the tractor is super immaculate, no more than $100 for a hydro tractor I can't test. I'm sure others will disagree with that. But I don't need it, don't have any room for it, and I am not a guy who needs to have every Wheelhorse tractor within a 100 mi. radius

i told you don't invest any money into it until the engine and trans are checked out. You had a solution to roll it around with the trailer wheels. It was steerable with the steering wheel nubs. A pain yes but now you've invested in parts and time on a non runner.

I'm not trying to be harsh. I'm trying to help. It's easy for people who have the knowledge and tools to say fix it, save it, whatever. I know your situation and what you're up against. If that motor I'm getting checks out, I'm willing to sell it to you for my cost. That tractor will be worth more and take less effort with another Kohler in it.

• Excellent 1

D_Mac

I know @squonk. Putting tires and a steering wheel on it I need to do because I dont have a place where I can just leave it. I need to be able to roll it around easily. I am willing to sit on it and I am also willing to pass it on. I am happy I got a deck for the 857. Thats why I bought it. I wasnt expecting it to be in the condition it is in. Worst thing that will happen with it is that it will become a parts tractor for my 857. I am happy with the money I have spent on it. Even if I find an engine for it, it would have needed the front tires and a steering wheel. I dont have extra parts laying around to pull from...... until now lol. I just need the limited space in my garage. I need to move the snow blower and riding mower I have at a friends house to my house. Like I said I have to be able to jockey what I have around, so putting tires and a steering wheel on it was worth the money to me. We all have our limits and opinions on what they are worth. I respect yours thats why I reached out to get it. I will reach out again too when the next one rolls around !!

squonk

My offer of the engine will stand as long as I don't need it or someone else doesn't come along who needs one.

• Like 1

D_Mac

Is that price installed ?? Lol. I'll keep in in mind. Thank You.

squonk

That price is with free shipping from PA to Waterloo

D_Mac

well I guess I need to borrow a grinder. Just tried using gear pullers and all it did was mangle the plastic. 

• Sad 1

squonk
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

well I guess I need to borrow a grinder. Just tried using gear pullers and all it did was mangle the plastic. 

Buzz that plastic right off. Slice the metal and it should just pop off. May need to make 2 cuts

• Like 1

ACman

:text-yeahthat: and I’d just cut right through the hub if you feel safe enough to do so . Listen to Mike he’s been trying to send you in the right direction in his post. Please don’t do anything with that seat , I’ve been trying to get one like that for two years now with that patina 

• Heart 1

D_Mac

Steering wheel is installed. Borrowed a grinder and managed to get it off with only putting one little nick on the dash. I need to get a longer roll pin. I just have a bolt running thru it for now. Nothings easy.

20210409_170155.jpg

• Like 1

squonk

Leave the bolt in. A future owner may thank you. I use bolts or hitch pins

• Thanks 1

Gregor
7 minutes ago, squonk said:

:text-yeahthat: I do too.

• Thanks 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Hmmm. Liking this idea.

Gregor

I guess I lost track. What ever happened to the 875? Inquiring minds want to know.

D_Mac

Still have it. No progress on it. Picked up a 1075. Thinking about swapping some parts off it but I am not sure yet.

20210403_164638.jpg

20210403_164646.jpg

20210430_164702.jpg

20210430_164649.jpg

• Like 1