D_Mac

Ok, So I bought this tonight... Now what??

WHX??
12 hours ago, D_Mac said:

What do you all suggest???

Save it gets my vote. You already got guys interested. 

I guess I don't get why you guys are talkin repo... that motor is totally rebuildable, unless maybe the block is ventilated but even then. 

At one time it had one of these on the back as evidenced by the knobs on the back of the fender pan. 

00A0A_26M4YyFA7NG_600x450.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
11 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I have the piece for the steering wheel. Has any one had any success in repairing one

Steering wheel is junk but lots of them out there. 

• Thanks 1

squonk
6 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Save it gets my vote. You already got guys interested. 

I guess I don't get why you guys are talkin repo... that motor is totally rebuildable,  

He doesn't have the time, space, ability and he wants it fixed quick. Get another motor and sell the old one to who wants to fix it,

Edited by squonk
  • Thanks 1

Mikey the Monkey

@rjg854...you're retired now! What are you waiting for??!! Go get it, pull the engine, have it rebuilt and bolt it back on. Another Cinderella story! You'll never regret it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Gregor
13 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I was told it was shot.

Unless there is a bole in the block, it can be saved

2 hours ago, D_Mac said:

. hence the question..... now what??

Put it on a Fastenal truck and ship it to Illinois. THAT would be my suggestion.

D_Mac

Ok... So I had these tires and wheels I saved off of that little cart I just got. With them on I was able to get it off the back of my truck. Cleaned out a few nest from mice and hosed it down. Seems it was repainted some time ago. I believe I could shine it up nice if I keep it. Seat is shot. Steering wheel is shot. I'm going to replace the front tires. Engine turns. I have not tried to start it. When I push it around I hear the tranny winding. Have not checked the fluid. Guess I will look for a steering wheel. Looks like it might be a little tricky to get the old one off. At least with tires and a steering wheel I can move it around.

20210329_125722.jpg

20210329_125858.jpg

20210329_125917.jpg

20210329_141101.jpg

20210329_141133.jpg

20210329_141227.jpg

20210329_141213.jpg

20210329_142946.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Excellent 2

Gregor

Your steering wheel is shot anyway. Bore a hole through the center of the plastic, and use a puller. Remove the plastic if you have to. This is after you drive out the pin if course.

As far as I know, those Fastenal trucks are still running. :wink:

Edited by Gregor
  • Haha 1

squonk

And you told me you had no room in your garage! :rolleyes: :lol:

20210329_142946.jpg

Fastenal sucks. I wouldn't trust them to ship a box of Bongo Monkeys to the Congo! 

• Haha 1

Gregor
12 minutes ago, squonk said:

Fastenal sucks. I wouldn't trust them to ship a box of Bongo Monkeys to the Congo! 

Well, I have never dealt with them. You have a trailer, and a little time on your hands? :D

D_Mac
11 minutes ago, squonk said:

And you told me you had no room in your garage! :rolleyes: :lol:

20210329_142946.jpg

I dont have room. I had to take out that wide load trailer, the other trailer, the deck, and the plow all outside now. Still have two giant snow blowers, 2 generators, the 857 and now the 875 plus the tool boxes ... etc. I also have another riding mower and a snow blower at my friends house in his garage !!!

Achto
15 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I also have another riding mower and a snow blower at my friends house in his garage !!!

All that stuff & your only occupying 2 properties with it? Your doing good yet. :thumbs2: I have tractors stored in 3 different counties. :D

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

Gregor
14 minutes ago, Achto said:

I have tractors stored in 3 different counties. 

I don't eve have friends in 3 different counties.:sad:

• Haha 3

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug: What's a "friend"? 

• Sad 1

D_Mac

So today I degreased and cleaned the deck some. I wanted to see what it looks like with the deck on .... so I put it on. I am missing the belt that does from the deck to the engine pulley. If someone knows the correct size and can pass it on I thank you. There is also a small pull on the right hand side in front of the front axle ... Can someone tell me what that is for? I checked the dip stick for the tranny. Seems to be good, red no water. I lubricated the choke and throttle cables. Looked in the gas tank, its dry and I did not see any holes. See what happens when I am ready to pour a little gas in it. It has a key that has 2 positions, the second on a spring to bring it back to the first. It also has a push button. They have no lights so I am not sure if that is stock or someones doing. Also there was a nice nest behind the dash and I am not sure if there are some damaged wires. I am guessing turn the key once and hit the button to start? Has the generator light but no cigarette lighter. I ordered 2 tires for the front. Was told they dont make 16 x 5.5-8 anymore. I ordered 16 x 6.5 -8. Hope they dont rub. Might just swap the tires to the 857. Going to borrow a jump box and see what happens next. Fingers crossed. Also going to drop the deck off to my cousins for a patch, then I will paint it.

20210330_151905.jpg

20210330_151939.jpg

20210330_151912.jpg

• Like 3

squonk

That small pulley someone added maybe for a snowblower. Take it off and put it on your knick knack shelf

• Thanks 1

squonk

@D_Mac Look at the latch arm on the left side that holds the front of the deck on. There should be a small hole in the arm and the hitch to put in a hairpin or cotter pin. This keeps the latch from springing open and dumping the deck when you hit a pothole on the way to the Deli. 

20210328_174544.jpg

Edited by squonk

D_Mac
3 minutes ago, squonk said:

@D_Mac Look at the latch arm on the left side that holds the front of the deck on. There should be a small hole in the arm and the hitch to put in a hairpin or cotter pin. This keeps the latch from springing open and dumping the deck when you hit a pothole on the way to the Deli. 

20210328_174544.jpg

I dont drive to the deli I walk there !! Do you know the belt size ? 

Gregor
3 hours ago, D_Mac said:

See what happens when I am ready to pour a little gas in it.

I would add an in line fuel filter as close to the motor as possible, before adding any gas.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

See if it will even run before you dump a bunch of money in it. :teasing-poke:

If you can't get it running let me know, I'll get rid of it for you. ;)  You said you need room, I'm just trying to help a guy out.  :)

Edited by rjg854
Add
  • Haha 3

WHX??

And I quote....

On 3/28/2021 at 7:29 PM, rjg854 said:

with 6, I don't need another. 

On 3/28/2021 at 8:03 PM, Achto said:

Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding this statement. :confusion-confused:

I'll get rid of it for you?!?! :ph34r::hilarious:

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 2

rjg854

What the heck Jim, I'm just trying to do the guy a favor, and you laugh :angry-tappingfoot:

• Haha 2

WHX??
20 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

and you laugh :angry-tappingfoot:

That you did my friend! ...... hey Dan do you a favor and take that 1045 diesel off your hands.... :lol:

• Haha 2

D_Mac
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

See if it will even run before you dump a bunch of money in it. :teasing-poke:

If you can't get it running let me know, I'll get rid of it for you. ;)  You said you need room, I'm just trying to help a guy out.  :)

I only spent money on 2 tires and I ordered a steering wheel.I figure I will put the new tires on my 857 and use those rims and tires on this 875. I have to be able move it around. 

WHX??

You do realize Mac that that tractor was the first year of the wheel a matic hence a collectors piece and you get quadtriplenty from  Randy what you paid for it????? :ychain:

D_Mac

Lol I know it was the first year of the Wheel -a - Matic but arnt they all collectors pieces? I am taking it to a friend's tomorrow. He has a 1075. I have had a couple people say they would give me what I paid for it. No one has offered more though !!!

20210330_182235.jpg