PetesPonies1

Anyone have a cool tractor barn?

PetesPonies1

i have several buildings, lots of land . . but I need a place for my tractor collection . . which is growing. I built a 56 x 64 monitor style barn for my cars./restoration work. I'm building an Esso Station presently for my Esso stuff AND 2 wheeled items  :)  But I need another. I have several ideas in my head, but not sure which I'm going with. So I was wondering if anyone has a special building for your tractor collection? If so, let's see it.

Edited by PetesPonies1
  • Like 1

Pullstart

@stevebo has an awesome Horse Barn with class!  I have a big pole building with pallet racking, but there’s not much fancy about it.  

• Like 2

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:

If I were building a Wheel Horse themed building it would be fashioned after the Chandler Equipment Sale building that was next to the Pond's first factory.

Chandler Sales and Service located next to the old South Dixie Way factory is thought to be the first Wheel Horse dealership, they were bought out by Weaver Ag and are still a Toro dealership although no longer at the same location.

10-11-1960 3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

OldWorkHorse

I just have a garage that will hold about 10 horses, my tool room and my shop. Very basic but it works. But I have ideas..... 

new_size.jpg

• Excellent 3
  • Haha 5

Pullstart
48 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

I just have a garage that will hold about 10 horses, my tool room and my shop. Very basic but it works. But I have ideas..... 

new_size.jpg

Gotta start somewhere!  Going up is cheaper than out!

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

squonk

Growing up my parents bought a house when I was about 4 1/2. It was in the village and was owned by a family that ran a feed mill. There was a carriage barn and horse corral. Yes they had a couple of horses along with all kinds of barn fowl there. There were I think 4 horse stalls inside along with another approx. 15' X15' corral, and a couple of small rooms. 2nd floor was wide open. It would made a perfect horse barn today. All kinds of room for parts. Probably could put 50 tractors up top with a lift system. House is for sale. I'm waiting for an open house to go visit and see what has changed.

Picture is from Real Estate ad:

Farm land featured at 157 W Genesee St, Clyde, NY 14433

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

new_size.jpg

You finance the build and I may let you use my land...

For partial use of course. 

• Haha 3

Pullstart
17 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

You finance the build and I may let you use my land...

For partial use of course. 

That tower, growing out of a mountain?  It would look like the cupola in @squonk’s old place!

• Like 1

PetesPonies1

Good ideas. I have a variety of machines, always looking for more Wheel Horse. I love the idea of a machinery shed, but think I want it closed, rather than one side open. Where I want to place it, more narrow, than deep. So again, machinery shed doesn't fit the bill in typical terms.

squonk

Forgot to mention:  The little bldg to the right is where the outer Horse Corral was. There was a hedge row on the end where I found a Suburban front reel mower buried.

Little window on left. There was a long room there and that's where we had the West End Rams dressing room. One neighborhood football team against another neighborhood team. I remember winning  one game 164 to 48! :)

Farm land featured at 157 W Genesee St, Clyde, NY 14433

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

PetesPonies1

Good stories

rjg854

I don't know how cool it is but it's home to the tractors

PXL_20210320_161049998_MP.jpg.62c272ed2252d0a072aabed339779243.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

PetesPonies1
8 hours ago, rjg854 said:

I don't know how cool it is but it's home to the tractors

PXL_20210320_161049998_MP.jpg.62c272ed2252d0a072aabed339779243.jpg

No, that works, at least the inside  :)  I was thinking about lining them up around the outside, like yours are and leave a spot in the middle for work. But I'll need some facing each other. In other words, both sides. You think a 5x6 space is ample room per tractor?

rjg854

That sounds about right, with no implements attached.  The plow or snowthrower adds 2-3 more feet.

• Like 1

PetesPonies1

Yeah that what I have been thinking