CB520HC

starting a herd

CB520HC

hello all I figured its time to show off the horses that I own and tell a little about my Frankenhorse. My first one was the C-175 auto with original series 1 kt17 bought it for $100 "running" , driving and mowing. Little did I know that it had a broken connecting rod on the front cylinder I found this out due to going over it and checking plugs found the front plug soaked in fuel, and when I removed the piston from the jug the crank had a narly nick in it that I could see. So after crawling all over this forum I found out that my best option was to go with wither a series 2 or swap to the classic k341. Later that week I found a guy not too far away from me selling one in good shape running with starter and carb that came off either a 416-8 or a c-160 and after some custom plates and stab link bushings as vibration pads tractor was operational again and the 42" SD deck that it wears got me hooked instantly on having a horse addiction. I used this tractor to cut 6 acres of land (4 separate properties) and it did it flawlessly could not get that motor to bog at all even in the heaviest grass i could get it into, in the pictures that are attached you'll find the tractor after the swap and right after a bath but other than that i haven't changed anything other than belts and fluids about a month after this project was completed I was looking to upgrade once again to the larger 500 series and i found a 520HC with only 648 hours on the clock it also had the 60" deck that was in fantastic shape stole the tractor for $800 then right before Christmas I found a 56" snow blade chains and blower with custom rear weight bracket all for $500. So to wrap this up I have the fever and I'm hoping to add a few more in the years to come gonna be cruising marketplace this spring. Looking to add to the herd.

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

JCM

:text-welcomeconfetti:  to  :rs:Looks like your headed in the right direction for a nice collection.    :thumbs:

ebinmaine
27 minutes ago, JCM said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:  to  :rs:Looks like your headed in the right direction for a nice collection.    :thumbs:

Agreed!!

Couple great working rigs there. 

CB520HC

Thanks the C is getting a new muffler this spring as the one I’m using is the one off the twin and I believe the internals are wasted and it’s quite loud 😂 the C has been regulated to towing a cart with firewood rolls and about 30 mins of mowing duty a week in the mowing season due to me having the onan but it would not scare me at all to use it for the whole yard if I ever needed to this year I’m down about 1.5 from the original 6 acres the onan could usually do it in 1 tank of fuel but it’s getting very low at that point both tractors are getting new oem style blades due to both tractors had their blades highly neglected by PO. Hoping to refinish the deck on the 520 next winter or winter after.

• Like 2

Tractorhead

:text-welcomeconfetti: to  :rs:

cool rigs 👍

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Pollack Pete

2 VERY nice tractors.

haydendavid380

Looks like the heard needs a couple smaller ponies too

• Like 1

Herder

:text-welcomeconfetti: to  :rs:

953 nut

:WRS:

Great introduction and a couple of fine horses to start the herd with. Are you planning on adding some of the older models or have a special model in mind?

CB520HC

Not exactly sure last charger 12 that I saw was really rough needing full restore and motor overhaul only had mower deck and guy wanted 650 and I thought that was pretty steep needing all that work. Kind of keeping my eyes open for a 1045 or one of the similar models problem right now is storage gotta get the garage built so I have somewhere to tear them apart.

• Like 1