peter lena

just got covid shots secured

WHX??

So I gets an automated call at 7 last night giving me a VA # to call if I want the shot. Called it at 830 this AM and appt. for 330 PM this aft!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

squonk

Better get on your horse! 

elcamino/wheelhorse

Well the  city decided to vaccinate 12,000 people in 3 days so my wife gets a notice but she is not physically able to handle crowds and long wait times. So I am still  trying to find her an appointment. I really don't think any body thinks about disabled people when they schedule these events or people without transportation. 

• Sad 2

rmaynard

Got my wife's at a drive-thru site. That's was in Maryland. It wasn't easy to get the appointment, but it was easy to get the shot.

• Like 2

squonk
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Well the  city decided to vaccinate 12,000 people in 3 days so my wife gets a notice but she is not physically able to handle crowds and long wait times. So I am still  trying to find her an appointment. I really don't think any body thinks about disabled people when they schedule these events or people without transportation. 

Jim, would a wheel chair help? They may have some available there. 

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk we have a wheel chair , she has degenerative disk disease which hard for sitting or standing . I don't think I can push her in on a gurney. LOL  It is a time thing also. The last few big vaccine things have been a real cluster (fill in the blank ). people waited hours just to get to the front and find out all the vaccine had been used.   

• Sad 3

squonk
2 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@squonk we have a wheel chair , she has degenerative disk disease which hard for sitting or standing . I don't think I can push her in on a gurney. LOL  It is a time thing also. The last few big vaccine things have been a real cluster (fill in the blank ). people waited hours just to get to the front and find out all the vaccine had been used.   

At my site, NYS Fairgrounds, There were National Guardsmen to assist with the handicapped. Wheelchair bound people were put ahead of everybody else and moved to the front. Nobody had an issue either because if you had the appointment, the vaccine for you was there. There was no running out. It took me an hour from the time I walked in to the time I walked out. There was about 100 people ahead of me when I got there. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
17 minutes ago, squonk said:

It took me an hour from the time I walked in to the time I walked out

Took me five minutes ...was supposed to wait around for 15 to see if any allergic reaction but I boogied ...I'm tough and stupid....:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

squonk
1 minute ago, WHX24 said:

Took me five minutes ...was supposed to wait around for 15 to see if any allergic reaction but I boogied ...I'm tough and stupid....:lol:

I would bet they weren't vaccinating a few thousand people  either. And they prolly wanted you out of there fast before you started mafing their equipment.

• Haha 3

WHX??
6 minutes ago, squonk said:

mafing their equipment.

I was eyeballing a cart that had some nice tub wheels on it! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

WHX??

Anybody had any adverse reactions?

For some strange  reason I  had an urge to :ph34r:  some :wh:

Maybe a renewed sense of life? Now I don't know about that but sure was rubbernecking barns on the ride home tho.....:lol:

• Haha 5

WHX??

BTW Silvia... I'm  right handed so had them do me in the left so as not to interfere with my ability to do 12 ounce curls..... :beer:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH
9 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

BTW Silvia... I'm  right handed so had them do me in the left so as not to interfere with my ability to do 12 ounce curls..... :beer:

PHEW!!! :popcorn:

I was worried... :bow-yellow:

:occasion-clown:

• Like 1

squonk
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Anybody had any adverse reactions?

For some strange  reason I  had an urge to :ph34r:  some :wh:

Maybe a renewed sense of life? Now I don't know about that but sure was rubbernecking barns on the ride home tho.....:lol:

That explains the Road Rash!

Ed Kennell

Missed three Rite Aid slots this AM.      :angry-banghead:      :angry-cussingblack:      :techie-ebay:

• Sad 4

Racinbob

That stinks Ed. I just can't figure out why some areas are having so many issues. My wife goes in for her first today. I get my second next week. The wait time is getting a bit longer because Indiana has now dropped the age to 50+ but it's still not bad. 

• Sad 1

squonk

Almost better off traveling a bit and getting an apt at a mass vaccination site. Your local pharmacy may be somewhat limited on the number they can do in a day. My local pharmacy has had a couple of vac. days. I've made the mistake of going there to get something during the clinic. What a zoo! 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:woohoo:      Just got a confirmed 1st dose  vaccination for 8:25 PM tomorrow night at York Wellspan Hospital  about 15 mile away.    Took almost two months of watching 6 sites. 

I must have gotten the last one as I couldn't get one for Mrs K.

Hers may be more difficult being confined to the wheel chair.

• Excellent 6

rmaynard

Great!!! Lets hope that Mrs. K's shot is not far behind and easy access for you.

There are more openings coming to Hagerstown, MD. It's unfortunate that you can't cross state lines. :angry-banghead:   That location is a drive-thru and would be ideal for the Mrs. if she could travel 2 hours each way. :(

Edited by rmaynard
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Ed Kennell Glad you got appt. Sounds like we both have the wheelchair problem for our wives.We have the problem that she has problems riding in cars so no long distance travel, got to be local and no crowds.

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

I hear ya Jim.   It does complicate matters a bit.     My biggest fear of the covid was, if I should end up in a hospital, who cares for Mrs. K?

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

rmaynard
19 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I hear ya Jim.   It does complicate matters a bit.     My biggest fear of the covid was, if I should end up in a hospital, who cares for Mrs. K?

I hear that load and clear. Mrs. M tested positive for Covid just a week before she was to have spinal fusion surgery. Thank heavens it was a false positive, but it did make me think about the "what if". What if I got it and couldn't take care of her? What if she got it and I couldn't visit her? What if we both got it? So many "what if's". Let's just hope that we are on the road to semi-normalcy. 

• Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

Ed Kennell
55 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

! Lets hope that Mrs. K's shot is not far behind and easy access for you.

I may take her with me tomorrow and try to get them to give her my shot.   This site is only a 15 mile trip.    I could travel farther and on shorter notice if another slot would open up.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

formariz
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

:woohoo:      Just got a confirmed 1st dose  vaccination for 8:25 PM tomorrow night at York Wellspan Hospital  about 15 mile away.    Took almost two months of watching 6 sites. 

I must have gotten the last one as I couldn't get one for Mrs K.

Hers may be more difficult being confined to the wheel chair.

I guess every state is different but her in my county if you are wheelchair bound you automatically qualify along with you caretaker. It may be worth asking about that Ed.

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON
On 3/2/2021 at 10:12 PM, BOB ELLISON said:

Me and my wife  finally got a vaccine appointment for 3/4/2021.  Mijers of all places and I think it's the Johnson and Johnson single dose. But I won't know until I get it and I really don't care witch one. 6 weeks I've been trying to get an appointment. 

Well were scheduled for meijers on the 4th with 3 emails confirming the appointments on 3/3 at 12:05 got another one confirming it. At 1:00 email says its been canceled. I call them and was told there was to many non qualified that signed up so they canceled it to weed out the unqualified. On 3/3 /2021 my wife got a call from our local health department saying we could get in on 3/4 /2021 and she told them we were already scheduled to get the shot so they removed us from the there list.

Long story short I called the health department and told the women our story and she said that's just wrong. She call another person and she said there was cancelations so she got us in 3/4 at noon. Happy to say my wife and I got our first Moderna shot done.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2