peter lena

just got covid shots secured

peter lena

after much trying , my wife got both of our shots scheduled for mar 5 th. typically its overwhelming attempts ,shut down area sites , 45 min wait on phone/ hospital site , but worth it , pete

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

squonk

Wife spent 7 hrs. on the computer yesterday to get my shot scheduled. Feb 25th. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

roadapples

Get my second one Feb 28. Jane gets her second March 8

• Like 6

DennisThornton

Got mine yesterday.  29 days for the second!

A year ago I thought we might all die of it!

I think we might make it now...

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

No luck here.   I've been trying day and night for two weeks on Rite Aid Drugstore, Weise Market and Wellspan Health web sites.    All say no vaccines available.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Sad 4

rmaynard

Driving 90 miles round-trip tomorrow for my first.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard
23 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

I think we might make it now...

But will we be wearing 2 masks for the rest of our lives?

Just heard today where the flu is way down probably because of masks. 

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Racinbob

I was lucky. As soon as they opened it up for 65+ I got on the computer. The site said a 5 minute wait and that's all it was. The clock even counted down. After I got on it was about 5 minutes to schedule. Got the first one Feb. 4, next one Mar 22. They are supposed to lower the age to 60 this week. Hopefully my wife is as lucky. :)

• Like 6

Jeff-C175

NJ GOVT has a website to 'register' for the vaccine so I did that.  Took about ten minutes.

Get an email back that says I'm not eligible yet, despite being over 65 with underlying conditions.

Apparently they're doing all the first responders, health care, nursing homes, etc first.

They'll email me when it's my turn... yeah, like I would hold my breath for that!

• Sad 4

rmaynard

My daughter frequents a site on Facebook called Maryland Vaccine Finder. They have people who are on the computer constantly finding and booking appointments. Then they find older folks, people with special needs, and those not able to secure a vaccine, and give them the appointments. It's quite an elaborate system. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

SylvanLakeWH

Getting any vaccine shouldn’t be a competition or black market affair...

As a healthy mid-fifties American Citizen I won’t be eligible for a long time... and that’s ok. No complaints.

I am glad they produced them so quickly and that many of you have successfully gotten them.

• Like 3

DennisThornton
28 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

But will we be wearing 2 masks for the rest of our lives?

Just heard today where the flu is way down probably because of masks. 

I'm afraid for quite a while...  I'm guessing that maybe when we get to "herd immunity" that the mandate will be reduced somehow. Gads I hope so!  I just hate masks!  Actually, if they worked good and didn't fog up my glasses I'd do better, still hate them but...  And I'm wearing fairly expensive N95s with a rubber gasket against my face.  Best so far but they still suck!

And I'm sure the flu is down do to Covid precautions.

• Like 3

DennisThornton
1 minute ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Getting any vaccine shouldn’t be a competition or black market affair...

As a healthy mid-fifties American Citizen I won’t be eligible for a long time... and that’s ok. No complaints.

I am glad they produced them so quickly and that many of you have successfully gotten them.

I think "THEY" could have done better but then again, none of us has had much practice at this and I hope we never do.  Hopefully this will be over but that we will also be MUCH better prepared.  Sort of dropped our guard on this one!

I'm pretty good on the computers but I feel sorry for others that aren't.  I'd never gotten a shot without the computer!  Well, not this soon for sure!

• Like 3

JoeM

Tough sledding in Greene Co. Just over one tenth of a percent covered here. Pretty lopsided. 461 people fully covered. Talking head Joe says we got rural America covered! :confusion-shrug:

• Sad 2

JoeM
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

No luck here

Pretty much the story all around.

I did pick up on something the other day. I talked to a person that told me she was in the Q on 5 different locations. These locations anticipate have the vaccine in the coming weeks. My question, is this person taking away a slot from someone else? Do the other locations get canceled automatically? If anything if they are relying on people to cancel their own reservations those people are far and few inbetween. I hear Washington Heath System says they are only taking reservations for persons that live in the county. The claims of inundation for reservation, from outside the county and state, are overwhelming.

No rules I suppose. 

• Sad 1

Handy Don
9 minutes ago, JoeM said:

person that told me she was in the Q on 5 different locations.

I would guess she is holding spots in 5 different lines. Unclear how that converts into an appointment and reserving a shot.

While I was working the reservation sites and coming up empty (in my area there were no queues -- you got an appointment or you didn't) someone with time on their hands helped me out by grabbing an appointment on my behalf. Second got scheduled by the person that gave me the first.

I have read about the project where people are helping folks who need help making an appointment--good on them!

• Like 2

DennisThornton
4 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

No luck here.   I've been trying day and night for two weeks on Rite Aid Drugstore, Weise Market and Wellspan Health web sites.    All say no vaccines available.

Keep trying and keep searching for new sites.  NYS has been aggressive about this and I got a bit lucky hearing about a new site.

Not sure what's in PA but stay at it!

Ed Kennell

I applied on few new sites today.    Same results...no vaccine.       One did just call me back an said check back in April.   This was the first response from a real person.

• Sad 3

DennisThornton

A NYS website showed a local Plattsburgh Airport site and I got an appointment.  There was NO mention of the vaccine maker or any info about the follow up shot.  No explanation at all!  However, when you get your first shot they automatically schedule your next.  No need to schedule two appointments, just the first.

• Like 1

953 nut

North Carolina has a registry on-line to preregister for eligibility to receive a vaccination. Our church phoned everyone over 75 and did the registration for them and it worked!   My wife and I will get the first shot tomorrow afternoon and the second one on St Patrick's Day.             :woohoo:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

JoeM
2 hours ago, Handy Don said:

she is holding spots in 5 different lines

I would say.

I know locally the hospital has a application form and that puts you in the line for when the medicine comes to the hospital. I know they tell you have to be ready to come to the site the next day after they call and schedule the day. I want the vaccine, but I am not going out of the county or driving long distance. I do know there are a lot of people here that should get done before myself. Talking with some workers from the county, there is a backlog of vaccine that was never received.  

I know a handful of folks that it did not kill but they said almost, as this is the worst kind of flu symptoms you'll ever want.

Just waiting, checking, keep the old circle small, masking up and keeping as clean as possible. 

I figure this may just drag into summer. Social distancing at the show sure will take the charm out of it!

• Like 2

Kenneth R Cluley

We were lucky enough to be in lottery and get called for second round of vaccinations in county. Got second shot last Thursday. Never won anything before but got really lucky here! We have been very careful, distancing, masking and all recommendations. Mostly for my wife's friend who we have been taking to Drs. appointments and chemo for cancer. With her immunity compromised we didn't want to take any chances. We both retired last year and sort of put our plans on hold for travelling, and most everything else. Maybe get to the show this summer! Keep the faith, hopefully we can put this behind and get back to more of a normal life soon. Contrary to news, not everyone in Florida is reckless.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

rmaynard
17 hours ago, JoeM said:

Tough sledding in Greene Co. Just over one tenth of a percent covered here. Pretty lopsided. 461 people fully covered. Talking head Joe says we got rural America covered! :confusion-shrug:

Plenty of appointments available in Delaware.

• Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, rmaynard said:

Plenty of appointments available in Delaware.

Are they taking non residents Bob?      I gave up on the PeeAaa fiasco.      Just heard they accidently administered the second shots first.      Also extended the time between 1st and 2nd shots from 28 to 42 days.

Ed Kennell
17 hours ago, 953 nut said:

North Carolina has a registry on-line to preregister for eligibility to receive a vaccination. Our church phoned everyone over 75 and did the registration for them and it worked!   My wife and I will get the first shot tomorrow afternoon and the second one on St Patrick's Day.             :woohoo:

So simple, easy and efficient  It is criminal  other states  just  don't get it.   

No preregistery available in Pa.      We just keep checking with the list of sites and hope you eventually hit one that just received a shipment. 

All the 10 people that I know that have received a shot learned of the availability of vaccines by word of mouth from a friend that had inside knowledge of the shipments to the administrators.

• Sad 1