peter lena

just got covid shots secured

stevasaurus

Chris and & just got our 1st shot of Moderna this morning.  So far, no ill effects.  2nd shot in 4 weeks.  :occasion-xmas:

There are no lines when you have an appointment.  Wife had an 11:30 and I an 11:45...she was done and I was out by 11:40.

• Like 1
  • Heart 6

rmaynard
18 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Chris and & just got our 1st shot of Moderna this morning.  So far, no ill effects.  2nd shot in 4 weeks.  :occasion-xmas:

There are no lines when you have an appointment.  Wife had an 11:30 and I an 11:45...she was done and I was out by 11:40.

Steve, you and I are tough old coots.  Brothers from another mother you know. I didn't have any ill effects from my Moderna. Hopefully you won't either. I'm 10 days out from my 2nd shot, so according to everything I've been told, I'm 90% protected. Good luck.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

oliver2-44

I got my 1st Moderna shot this past Tuesday.  No ill effects, but I felt tired all day Wednesday. woke up Thursday felling great.  Drove an Hour to a neighboring Counties Health Department that had opened to everyone. 

The Hub for our County is a large Hospital/Clinic Chain.  I've been on their list, but it seems like the only people getting scheduled are their patients. I emailed a complaint to the County Judge, and he replied he's trying to get them removed as the Hub.  Sadly, it's a mess. 

• Sad 3

Jeff-C175
On 3/25/2021 at 7:43 PM, Jeff-C175 said:

Just checked my blood sugar after reading that the vax can increase blood sugar.  It was 283 !!!  Holy cow,  no wonder I feel dizzy!  Drank a half gallon of water, went for a very brisk walk, checked again and down to 198.  Dizziness subsiding.

I think that the take away here is that if you are diabetic, closely monitor your sugar after getting the vax !

4 hours later my glucose was back into my 'normal' range and hasn't spiked again.

I wanted to bump this to reiterate that if you are ' insulin compromised' and get vaxxed be sure to watch your glucose!  They don't really tell you this when they administer, perhaps not enough data.

I went through the process of reporting to both Moderna and to the VAERS system (CDC) hoping in some small way that my single data point would be helpful to others down the road.  They're still actively collecting data.

• Heart 2

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I went through the process of reporting to both Moderna and to the VAERS system (CDC) hoping in some small way that my single data point would be helpful to others down the road.

:text-thankyouyellow:  Jeff.

I have a Neice that has been diabetic since birth.   At that point in time, she was not expected to survive to age 20.   She has had many surgeries to save her vision and has had several blackouts that could have been fatal.    She is probably alive today due to the development of the insulin pump that she now uses.   Her vacations  were trips to Canada every three months to purchase insulin at an ffordable cost.

That all changed on July 24, 2020 when the signing of a couple exutive orders made  insulin affordable in the USA.   

She is now  60 years old and  enjoys camping with her husband and daughter.      She had no after affects from her first Moderna dose.

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

rmaynard

I just had blood work done on Thursday and my LDL (bad cholesterol) was up. 82 a year ago, 99 now. Only thing different in my life as far as cholesterol changing factors is the Covid vaccination. I'm writing it off to that. Dr. wants to up my Crestor, I said no. The top end of the "normal" range is 99, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm still normal, although some people would beg to differ. 

• Like 3

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

82 a year ago

Mine hovers around 77 on 10 mg. of Simvistatin.        I have a blood test coming up soon.      If my LDL is up,  I'll blame it on the Pfizer.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Heart 1

rmaynard
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Mine hovers around 77 on 2.5 mg. of Lisinopril.         I have a blood test coming up soon.      If my LDL is up,  I'll blame it on the Pfizer.

Hmm, I though Lisinopril was a blood pressure med. I used to take it until I developed the infamous dry cough. 

In any case, at our age I'll blame it something other than diet and lifestyle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell
11 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

I though Lisinopril was a blood pressure med.

Your right Bob,  how about 10mg. of Simvistatin.    I never could keep em straight.

• Like 2

Racinbob

Be careful folks. My wife just got an email saying if she completes a 30 second survey she'll get a gift worth at least $90.00. Yea, right. :angry-nono:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

squonk

Wish the vac caused high calcium. Prolly going under the knife in a month and a half. :(

• Confused 1

Ed Kennell
39 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Be careful folks. My wife just got an email saying if she completes a 30 second survey she'll get a gift worth at least $90.00. Yea, right. :angry-nono:

And if you don't complete the survey...... you get auto warrenty expiring calls every 30 minutes instead of every hour.

• Haha 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk What you going to get removed or remodeled ?

squonk
46 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Parathyroid

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk That sounds serious . Too little or too much calcium in your blood? ( I went to WEB MD , I not that smart)

squonk

2 much. Pretty common. Was really hoping to avoid a surgery this year.

WHX??
3 hours ago, squonk said:

Prolly going under the knife in a month and a half. :(

2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Knowing  Squonk prolly a full frontal lobotomy Jimbo....rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy Mike! In Ed's case a mason sippin jar... in Bob's case that fine apple mixture.... in @stevasaurus case ... well just about any thing but well....we all know what he likes! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ed Kennell

On ou way for second jab ofPfizer.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Experimental drinking is always an option.  :occasion-xmas:  That's how you find what you like.

• Haha 1

Ed Kennell

We're back.       Two minutes to get jabbed and 15 minute cool down peroid.      One hour total for the 24 mile round trip. 

I even had time to stop at DQ and buy Mrs K a quart  her fav.....mixed soft ice cream and be back in  time for the Florida/Michigan tip off.

Feelin Good......and Safe.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2
  • Heart 4

tom2p
3 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

We're back.       Two minutes to get jabbed and 15 minute cool down peroid.      One hour total for the 24 mile round trip. 

I even had time to stop at DQ and buy Mrs K a quart  her fav.....mixed soft ice cream and be back in  time for the Florida/Michigan tip off.

Feelin Good......and Safe.

Florida State apparently needed jabbed ... embarrassing 

• Haha 2

Ed Kennell

Feeling tired and a very sore arm this morning.      Mrs K feels fine with no sore arm.       

• Excellent 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed , you arm could be sore from pushing the wheelchair. Don't ask how I know.

• Heart 3

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

That's funny Jim.      When we were being asked the standard questions before getting our shots.

1. any fever        no

2. any cough       no

3. any shortness of breath             I'm standing there panting like Edog   well yes,  after   pushing her across  the parking lot and up that 50' long ramp

• Haha 3

squonk
6 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You weren't thinkin Jim. What you should have done is left your wife in the car and went inside. Taken off your suspenders and tied one end to something sturdy , ( like the check in lady) and then gone to the car with the other end and connected it to the wheel chair. Would have gotten her in quick as a flash and the sight of you with your pants falling down would have cleared everyone out so you'd be first in line! :helmet:

• Haha 4