Sammy

1276 hydraulic lift conversion

Sammy

I’m putting this topic out there because I want to know if there’s anything I should know going into this conversion. I recently bought a 1966 1276 and it had a manual lift on it but I’m restoring this tractor in the spring for my grandpa who had one as a kid so he can mow with it. I have a hydraulic valve, cylinder, and center lift shaft off of a 1969 electro 12 that I’d like to put on for his convenience. Is there anything I need to know with this conversion or any issues that someone else has had that has done this? I’m basing it off of a 1277 full hydro I already have!

E8FA1A37-33EB-49D7-B1D6-2AC619C087A1.jpeg

EC2DC69F-516D-43FF-92DF-CF3C6628089A.jpeg

Pullstart

It should be plug and play there.  You might want to check the integrity of the hoses, wouldn’t want to blow one up on grandpa.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

squonk

I don't now the exact details, but I think you need to change / install something in the hydro @pfrederi @daveoman1966 ??

Sammy
Just now, pullstart said:

It should be plug and play there.  You might want to check the integrity of the hoses, wouldn’t want to blow one up on grandpa.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ok that’s good, I was unaware if there were any springs or valves that need to be changed in the transmission pump body. And we have 2 good good year hoses and have 2 more coming soon. The one hose in that picture had a broken fitting and the other had quite the slit through it!

Sammy

Ok squonk, I’ll wait to see if anyone knows anything about it or not. The holes where the lines go into the transmission pump body just have plugs in them so I’m not sure.

Pullstart
15 minutes ago, squonk said:

I don't now the exact details, but I think you need to change / install something in the hydro @pfrederi @daveoman1966 ??

oh right.  Well Sammy maybe pop the other similar one apart and see if there’s a difference in those ports?

gwest_ca

Sammy
8 minutes ago, pullstart said:

oh right.  Well Sammy maybe pop the other similar one apart and see if there’s a difference in those ports?

Ok I can try that and see what’s in there, I was hesitant to do that because I didn’t want to leak new hydraulic fluid out of it.

ebinmaine
51 minutes ago, squonk said:

Yes sir.

I just did this conversion on a 1970 Charger.

There's a pressure spring and a little holder that needs to be transferred...

Paul or Dave could explain that. 

I would highly recommend new hoses. Lowell at Wheel Horse Parts And More sells them. 

• Like 1

Sammy
19 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Yes sir.

I just did this conversion on a 1970 Charger.

There's a pressure spring and a little holder that needs to be transferred...

Paul or Dave could explain that. 

I would highly recommend new hoses. Lowell at Wheel Horse Parts And More sells them. 

Ok and would you I be able to buy them. We sold the transmission a while ago but didn’t save the spring or the holder. We have a part C-141 hydro, would it be in there?

Edited by Sammy

ebinmaine

One of the folks on this site might have them available or also a to z tractor

Sammy

Ok I’ll ask around and try to get in contact with A to Z. I suppose I shouldn’t have started the conversion then this morning.

E00DCC25-AC3D-47D6-8411-6E61E977A416.jpeg

A86C7921-4615-4ABD-9109-F1C10EDAEC2D.jpeg

pfrederi

You need to see if the 16 and 17 are in your hydro (I doubt it) 

It is the implement relief valve and is needed

EDIT

Also I am pretty sure your C-141 parts tractor is  a piston to piston mot a hydro gear.

Implement relief.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

Sammy

Ok I see what I need but would these out of the c141 work?

14EACCAC-A28B-4298-A980-9396ACA6C9B5.jpeg

pfrederi
17 hours ago, Sammy said:

Ok I see what I need but would these out of the c141 work?

14EACCAC-A28B-4298-A980-9396ACA6C9B5.jpeg

Honestly do not know.  The hydro gear relief is a cone shaped valve.  Not sure the ball would seal well.  You could put it in and try it.  Wouldn't hurt anything if it didn't seal just the lift wouldn't operate or would work some but not lift anything.

Sammy

Ok thank you for replying. So if I were to try to ball it wouldn’t affect anything in the pump?

pfrederi
2 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Ok thank you for replying. So if I were to try to ball it wouldn’t affect anything in the pump?

Don' believe it will hurt anyhitng.  I did find that in some later piston to piston units they changed from a ball relief valve to a cone.  Didn't change the seat so maybe your ball would seal...

Sammy

Ok thank you, I’ll definitely give it a shot because trying not find that cone is useless I’ve tried a lot of guys and can’t find one. Hopefully the ball seals and the spring from the 141 to my understanding is about the same. It’s supposed to be a little over an inch long and that one is an inch and 3/16 so it should work