Bill D

Onan Remote Oil Filter kit

Bill D

Does anyone know if an Onan Remote Oil Filter Kit, Part # 122-0554 for a B43, B48 will fit my P216.  Thanks.  Bill

horseyheaven

I am not sure.  I got one for my 520 from a John Deere front mount mower (believe it was a F930).  It worked great.  The F930 and some of the Front Mount mowers from Deere were powered by Onan P series engines and had the remote filter kits on them.  This may be another place to look.  I got mine off of one that was scraped out, but the lines, part that bolts to the block, and the piece that fits where the oil filter used to be to seal off the air all came with it.  I am not sure if the one for a B43 or B48 will fit.  Many Onans were similar for many years.  You may try calling Onanparts.com to see what they say.  They could probably tell you what will interchange.

• Excellent 1

Bill D

@lynnmor, any thoughts on this.  I know you're one of the resident Onan experts here.  Thanks.

lynnmor
8 hours ago, Bill D said:

@lynnmor, any thoughts on this.  I know you're one of the resident Onan experts here.  Thanks.

I believe it will work although I have never used one.

formariz

On 1/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, Bill D said:

Does anyone know if an Onan Remote Oil Filter Kit, Part # 122-0554 for a B43, B48 will fit my P216.  Thanks.  Bill

I just came across one of those kits relatively inexpensive. Adapter assembly on it is a 122-0473 which is correct for the P220. If the 216 is the same it should work. My only question on the kit is that the gasket provided partially closes one of the oil channels sort of restricting flow to a certain extent. Until I remove existing set up and check current gasket I am not sure if it is supposed to be like that. That part could be trimmed easily anyway but there may be a reason for it.