Mr Eric

Need snowblower belt diagram 257h

Mr Eric

I have a 257h with a 0637sk01 snowblower the engine is vertical so belt goes underneath and I can’t find a diagram anywhere they way i have it run it comes off front idler pulley there is 2 puleys in middle the electric clutch pulley the idler on blower and the main on pulley the old belt smoked and came off and I have no idea what I’m doing wrong anybody could please help I would greatly appreciate it thanks 

Mr Eric

Thanks SlyvanLakeWH but the only thing on there is parts pic for this model I can’t find anywhere on the internet to tell me how the velt supposed to go on it keeps popping off front idler pulley very frustrating just bought and ready to sell ugh thanks for the link

SylvanLakeWH

@gwest_ca any thoughts?

gwest_ca

The one parts page shows the belt and it's general shape should be close to the actual.

Looks like it leaves the pto pulley and goes back around two idlers before going to the front pulley on the snowthrower.

There is a flat idler on the snowthrower and the wide back of the belt rides on it.

The two idlers at the rear appear to have adjustment slots for belt tension.

If there are any belt retainers to keep the belt in the pulleys they should be adjusted so they just clear the belt when it is under tension.

Garry

• Thanks 1

gwest_ca

Later and larger model but for the same style of tractor

• Thanks 1

Mr Eric
11 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Later and larger model but for the same style of tractor

If you look at parts diagram there is flat idler pulley just before auger pulley number 43 in pic belt keeps popping off that otherwise I have it exactly like your manual thanks by the  way for confirming it that’s what I kinda thought not sure what to do about pulley problem

Mr Eric
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

The one parts page shows the belt and it's general shape should be close to the actual.

Looks like it leaves the pto pulley and goes back around two idlers before going to the front pulley on the snowthrower.

There is a flat idler on the snowthrower and the wide back of the belt rides on it.

The two idlers at the rear appear to have adjustment slots for belt tension.

If there are any belt retainers to keep the belt in the pulleys they should be adjusted so they just clear the belt when it is under tension.

Garry

That’s how I have it but comes off flat pulley in front

gwest_ca

I would be checking all the idler pulleys with the belt removed to see how tight and smooth the bearings are. They operate differently when under belt tension and the small bearings can lock up as they begin to fail and that can throw a belt in the blink of an eye. Some idler pulleys are available with a real bearing as opposed to a bicycle bearing in less expensive pulleys and well worth the extra cost.

At one time Toro was very good at supplying manuals but do not know if this old website is still active.

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm?xcaller=Toro

Enter your 06-37sk01 with a dash and use the word none for a serial number.

• Thanks 1

Mr Eric

Ok guys replaced pulleys run belt according to diagram had belt on as tight as I could get it and it either twists so flat running in v or as soon as I hit snow it throws the belt I am getting extremely frustrated paid 400 and now got another 60 in parts and my labor anybody got any ideas or what can I get comes with chains and blower no mower deck has original hubcaps