Racinbob

The beginning. First real snowfall.

slim67

I know a lot of people hate winter but ironically I don't. Its part of my life and I enjoy hiking in it and watching my dogs play in it. We got a puppy back in June and she is experiencing it for the first time and having a blast. It gives me a chance for seat time so as with the rest of you plow/ snowblower guys, an excuse to play with our toys. Ive spent as much time plowing with a garden tractor in my life as I have plowing with a pick up and even more than the big trucks( municipal single axle dump). Ill be ready for next spring but will be constructive these next few months.

• Like 1

slim67
17 hours ago, briankd said:

just put the plow and switched over to turf tires chains and wheel weights  on the 857 yesterday . hoping for snow this year been 2 years now haven't had any plowable snow 

You need to move a little further north to richfield or come up and well have a plow day albeit a different type of plow day. They do it with bottom plows so why not snow plows. I wouldn't have a problem with 10 or so tractors plowing my driveway!

• Haha 3

slim67
On 11/30/2020 at 9:45 AM, Alex175 said:

Every day that passes recently I have been thinking to myself "should I hook up the snow blower and the plow?"...I think this week is the week.  As much as I don't want to admit it, winter is coming.

Just like Game of Thrones... winter is coming!

slim67

got to go. wife is yelling !

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, slim67 said:

I know a lot of people hate winter but ironically I don't. Its part of my life and I enjoy hiking in it and watching my dogs play in it. We got a puppy back in June and she is experiencing it for the first time and having a blast. It gives me a chance for seat time so as with the rest of you plow/ snowblower guys, an excuse to play with our toys. Ive spent as much time plowing with a garden tractor in my life as I have plowing with a pick up and even more than the big trucks( municipal single axle dump). Ill be ready for next spring but will be constructive these next few months.

That's pretty much how I feel.

There are ups and downs of every season but I like spring and fall the best I think. 

Get you a good strong cold snap of below zero weather and 20 feels warm. 

Same basic deal any other time of year but no matter what, I'll be 50 this month and the older I get the less I can tolerate the high heat.

Once it gets up to about 85° or so I become pretty intolerant to the weather even if it stays that way long enough for others to get used to it. 

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, midpack said:

since September?!?!  maybe i ought to rethink my moving plan... lol

Our average last frost in the spring is in the first or second week of May a lot of years though I have seen them in June... Rarely. 

Our average first frost in the fall is usually the second or third week of September.

BBT just looked it up and our first frost this year was September 21ST and it warmed up after that for two or three weeks. 

Last week or the week before it was 13 or 15 degrees in the morning and this afternoon it was 59....

Hey at least we have good variety!

slim67
11 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That's pretty much how I feel.

There are ups and downs of every season but I like spring and fall the best I think. 

Get you a good strong cold snap of below zero weather and 20 feels warm. 

Same basic deal any other time of year but no matter what, I'll be 50 this month and the older I get the less I can tolerate the high heat.

Once it gets up to about 85° or so I become pretty intolerant to the weather even if it stays that way long enough for others to get used to it. 

I'm with on you that. Not huge fan of the heat either after 85 degrees. 90s is just miserable anymore if you work outside like I do.

ebinmaine
50 minutes ago, slim67 said:

I'm with on you that. Not huge fan of the heat either after 85 degrees. 90s is just miserable anymore if you work outside like I do.

Yes sir I do. 

We do local deliveries so we are in and out of the truck all day everyday was driving times anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. 

luckily all the trucks have air conditioning and they're very good about keeping it that way but hot is hot 

• Like 1

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat:Hot is hot. 

I find that cold is easier to fix than hot.  You can always add another layer of clothing, while there is a limit as to how many layers of clothing you can remove.

So far my anti-snow insurance is working.  A nice sunny day in the 40's today.  A little windy, though.

• Like 2

oliver2-44

@ebinmaine I’m an hour above Austin, truly close to the center of Tx. We certainly get quite a few frost and probable temps at a light freeze avg  20-25 days a year. But its quite common for it to be 28 at 6am and a beautiful mid 60,s - 70 ish by noon.  We probable have 1-2 hard freezes where it hits upper teens for a few hours. Our farm is 2 hours South if here and it probable has 10 days of light freeze. 
Just an hour East of me is an area that grows a lot of Peaches. They need 15-20 nights. Xx hours of cold weather below 40 for the trees to set fruit in the spring. Last years crop was great, but 2 years ago they didn’t have enough cold hours and there wasn’t much crop

• Like 1

WHX??

Ok so I been following here Bob and fellas... I got a deuce and @dclarke 's single waiting in the wings ... I want five feet! 

20200530_151409.jpg

Plus this for a backup! :lol:

MTC_0068 (0).JPG

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1