ebinmaine

My level of "Awareness Of My Surroundings" might not be that good...

JoeM

I am not nearly as bad as my dad, but getting closer. I seem to see value in just about everything. We wanted more light above the kitchen sink so I change the light bulb in the fixture to a new LED job. Worked good except I kept the old bulb that was up there for 5 years! go figure. 

I do have stuff like that badge, usually from my old days when I had older trucks then they went by the way side. I think it is pretty cool. 

• Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

The older you get , the more you forget where stuff is , who put that there and why did I walk into the room.  Don't ask why I know , I forget the answer.

• Haha 5

oilwell1415

That's nothing.  I am convinced that my wife could freeze to death without realizing she was cold.  Several years ago she said she wanted a new Dyson vacuum cleaner.  So I went and got her one.  I took it out of the box and set it right next to the old one.  It sat there for months without being used.  During that same time period she used the old one multiple times and never once noticed the bright purple Dyson sitting right next to it.  She didn't know it was there until we were at the store one day and she put one in the cart and I asked her what was wrong with the one at home.  Another example is our garage door trim.  She drives a Jeep with big tires and it's a sorta tight fit in the garage.  Occasionally she will rub the garage door frame with a tire.  One time she did more than rub it and broke the trim on the door all to hell.  Our trim is painted a dark charcoal color and is lilly white on the inside.  After she broke it you could tell from a block away that it was broken.  I replaced and repainted the trip in April last year and she didn't notice until August when she did it again.

• Haha 7

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, oilwell1415 said:

That's nothing.  I am convinced that my wife could freeze to death without realizing she was cold.  Several years ago she said she wanted a new Dyson vacuum cleaner.  So I went and got her one.  I took it out of the box and set it right next to the old one.  It sat there for months without being used.  During that same time period she used the old one multiple times and never once noticed the bright purple Dyson sitting right next to it.  She didn't know it was there until we were at the store one day and she put one in the cart and I asked her what was wrong with the one at home.  Another example is our garage door trim.  She drives a Jeep with big tires and it's a sorta tight fit in the garage.  Occasionally she will rub the garage door frame with a tire.  One time she did more than rub it and broke the trim on the door all to hell.  Our trim is painted a dark charcoal color and is lilly white on the inside.  After she broke it you could tell from a block away that it was broken.  I replaced and repainted the trip in April last year and she didn't notice until August when she did it again.

I would have noticed the garage door trim if I'd hit it.... but I couldn't look you straight in the face and tell you that I wouldn't have done the same damn thing she did about that purple vacuum cleaner. 

Herder

O shoot EB.  What else are you overlooking?  You know what happens next, you forget where you are.  

• Haha 2

oilwell1415
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I would have noticed the garage door trim if I'd hit it.... but I couldn't look you straight in the face and tell you that I wouldn't have done the same damn thing she did about that purple vacuum cleaner. 

She knew she'd hit it, it just took her several months....and hitting it again....to notice that I'd fixed it.

• Like 1

Pullstart
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

This is a side hood badge from an old truck. 

We picked it off of a junk hood up north back in August. 

I figured on cleaning it up a bit and mounting it ....  Somewhere. 

IMG_20201120_085801998.jpg.728cd46ba621f465d0f651ce0d2ea36d.jpg

This morning. 11/20/20. I noticed it on the front of the workbench downstairs. A place I've walked by several times a week for years. 

So I says to BBT... How long's that thing been on the bench?

She just laughs out loud. 

I'm thinking "well $h**"....

Been there since October 19th..

:ROTF:

did she remind you that YOU hung it?  :teasing-poke:

• Haha 6

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

did she remind you that YOU hung it?  :teasing-poke:

Oh Maaaannnnn. 

I got nothin....

:happy-partydance:

ebinmaine
50 minutes ago, Herder said:

O shoot EB.  What else are you overlooking?  You know what happens next, you forget where you are.  

Too late. 

• Like 1

oilwell1415

I came in here to say something.  WTH was it?  I'm sure it was very important.

• Haha 3

Stormin

SWMBO puts things that are not needed much away somewhere safe. Oh! They're safe alright. Trouble is she expects me to know where she put them. :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Stormin said:

>>> I <<<  put things that are not needed much away somewhere safe. Oh! They're safe alright. Trouble is I expect BBT to know where I put them

Good thing her memory is very good. 

• Haha 1

8ntruck
1 hour ago, Herder said:

I used to travel quite a bit for work.  Woke up one morning at about sunrise.  Didn't remember what city I was in.  Looking for clues, I looked out the window - one hotel parking lot looks pretty much like all of the others.  Next, I turned on the tv hoping for a local news show - no help.  Wasn't until I found the hotel address in the fine print in the information book on the desk that I got my answer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

AMC RULES
1 hour ago, Herder said:

20200914_192029.jpg.7745466e560ccd3075276c22fa29297c.jpg

:rolleyes:  Trust me...

he's well past that stage!

• Haha 4
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

20200914_192029.jpg.7745466e560ccd3075276c22fa29297c.jpg

:rolleyes:  Trust me...

he's well past that stage!

The Man's got a valid point. 

Especially since Craig and I have met in people person.... So yeah.....

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

So... @ebinmaine... you don’t live in Kansas? :confusion-confused:

• Haha 1

squonk
6 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

The older you get , the more you forget where stuff is , who put that there and why did I walk into the room.  Don't ask why I know , I forget the answer.

I can't believe you remembered to even post this! :ROTF:

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
19 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

So... @ebinmaine... you don’t live in Kansas? :confusion-confused:

No sir..... But uhh.    I'll remember later.   .........

I do recall something about needing to make my screen name for a partic'lar reason though. 

• Confused 1

SylvanLakeWH
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

No sir..... But uhh.    I'll remember later.   .........

I do recall something about needing to make my screen name for a partic'lar reason though. 

So you’re name is Maine and you live in Ebin, Kansas??? :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
29 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

So you’re name is Maine and you live in Ebin, Kansas??? :wacko:

Not sure if that was the "main"  reason....

• Haha 1

953 nut

My wife has a habit of putting her glasses on the top of her head while working in her sewing room. Frequently she will be looking all over the house for them, I silently chuckle for a while before I can't hold the laughter in any more.        :laughing-rollingyellow:  Where were they the last time you couldn't find them honey?         :hide:

• Haha 6