clueless

Tryin to reason with hurricane season

clueless

This morning we are still getting 60-70 mile an hour gusts, but we still have electricity. This is what the yard looks like after 6 hour of steady 70+ mile an hour winds and 2 hours of 85+ mile an hour winds. Not bad, looks like the wife and some of the horses have work to do.

• Sad 5

Achto

Can't open the movies. :( I hope you all are safe & that the damage is not too severe.

Sparky

Dang! That’s a lot of rain and wind! 
  In the second video is the outside paddle fan “on” or is the outside wind spinning it?
 Stay safe!! 

clueless

Part 2: thought it was slowing down, but it’s picked back up big time. We’ve lost power and we are getting some serious gusts now. At least we were able to make coffee. We’re good. 

The porch fan was one for the video above, but now it’s off and still spinning like hell. Not sure why some of you can’t see the videos. Not my expertise. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

stevasaurus

It's a soft ware issue, especially if you are trying to down load with a cell phone.  Chris, get a You-Tube account...free...up-load your videos there and then just copy and paste the URL into your thread.    :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2

AMC RULES
4 hours ago, clueless said:

Part 2: thought it was slowing down, but it’s picked back up big time. We’ve lost power and we are getting some serious gusts now. At least we were able to make coffee. We’re good. 

The porch fan was one for the video above, but now it’s off and still spinning like hell. Not sure why some of you can’t see the videos. Not my expertise. 

IMG_9349.MOV 25.47 MB · 4 downloads

Tractorhead

Oh what a mess.

A lot of work when it‘s finised.

Stay safe and good luck, that not too much damages are happen.

953 nut
10 hours ago, clueless said:

Not bad, looks like the wife and some of the horses have work to do.

Glad to hear you are doing well.         :handgestures-thumbupleft:    In 2004 we had four hurricanes in a two month period where I lived in FL. Clean-up for the first one was a bit heavy duty but the other three were a lot easier, everything that could blow down had already hit the ground.

clueless

Just an update on hurricane Sally, who refused to lay down for 12+ hours :snooty:. The videos my daughter sent (thanks Cafoose and Mr. Rule) were what I thought was about midway through the thing being on top of us, but the next two and a half proved me wrong :o. Living down here I have been through many of these things, many TS's, a few cat 1's, some 2's and a couple of 3's one of which was probably a 4 depending on who you talk to. I can tell you a cat 1-2 moving at about 1.5 mph at your front door for 7+ hours is a whole new experience. We started getting 40 mph wind with 60 mph gust around 10:00 pm which slowly increased over the next few hour. Around 04:00 am we were getting 70 mph winds with gust of 85 mph, around 08:00 the wind were 80 with gust of 100+ mph, this lasted about two hours and we were still getting gust of 50+ at 12:00. While the structural damage in the area after Sally was minimal, the vegetation damage after 12 hour of steady 50+ mph winds and 24+ inches rain was a different story. For most of us oldtimers a cat 1 even a small cat 2 means you close the shutters, tie down the lawn furniture, run a couple extra mooring line to the boat, make sure the cooler if full of adult beverages and ride it out, but this one, well like I said it was a whole new experience. My BIL said a cat 3 is like going a couple of round taking body shot then a round of heavy head shots then it over, this was like taking body shot for all 12 rounds. 

• Sad 1

Pullstart

Glad you didn’t float or blown away, Chris!  Sorry I don’t remember seeing the original storm post, but that thread title reminds me of a certain song... but I have yet to hear the title in the song!

clueless
22 hours ago, pullstart said:

Glad you didn’t float or blown away, Chris!  Sorry I don’t remember seeing the original storm post, but that thread title reminds me of a certain song... but I have yet to hear the title in the song!

Kev, your probably not a Parrothead, but most people where your from aren't. Stay Safe my friend:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

953 nut

• Like 1