Jump to content
BHunter

New addition to the herd. 877

Recommended Posts

 
 
 
ebinmaine

Great looking tractor. 

I can't open videos unless on YouTube. 

Nice find!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BHunter
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Great looking tractor. 

I can't open videos unless on YouTube. 

Nice find!

Thanks Eric .

its just a video of my son driving it up a step hill. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pullstart
4 hours ago, BHunter said:

Thanks Eric .

its just a video of my son driving it up a step hill. 


it’s worth a watch.. nice rig Bob!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Tractorhead

Cool machine.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
SylvanLakeWH

Nice score!!!

 

:handgestures-thumbupright:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Pollack Pete

Nice Horse.I like the big meats on the back.Have fun with your new toy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
953 nut
11 hours ago, BHunter said:

 A full restoration is in its future.

:text-coolphotos:

A wash and wax along with a dash decal from @Vinylguy will make it look lie new.       :handgestures-thumbupright:       Mason is "The Man" if he can back a trailer at his age.       

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BHunter
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:

A wash and wax along with a dash decal from @Vinylguy will make it look lie new.       :handgestures-thumbupright:       Mason is "The Man" if he can back a trailer at his age.       

You’re right. I’ve been talking with Terry. I’m going to get the whole set. 
Mason is getting good at backing the trailer behind the house. He has only has a few inches on each side of trailer after he gets around the side. There is a fence and air conditioning unit to get past. It’s tough without side mirrors . 

Hopefully there will be a Big Show next year and Mason will be cruising the 877 on Cruise night.  

  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
jabelman

Great looking machine, that's going to look amazing with a full resto?  these older square hoods are starting get my attention.

 

How did the fox body turn out?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BHunter
9 minutes ago, jabelman said:

Great looking machine, that's going to look amazing with a full resto?  these older square hoods are starting get my attention.

 

How did the fox body turn out?

Thanks Jason. I like the look of them too. The hood angles up  and back tires stick out like an old gasser hotrod.

I drove past your town to get it. It’s from Flemington. 
Fox body turned out great. It’s my son’s daily driver now. He loves it.  He put 2500 miles on it since July. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BHunter
6 hours ago, pullstart said:


it’s worth a watch.. nice rig Bob!

Thanks Kev.It’s funny to watch because his feet don’t reach the footrest. He likes the automatic because he can just pull the lever back to stop instead of hanging off the side to reach the brake pedal. :lol:
I might have to copy your  awesome platform for my truck so I can get the tractors to the show next year. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pullstart
43 minutes ago, BHunter said:

Thanks Kev.It’s funny to watch because his feet don’t reach the footrest. He likes the automatic because he can just pull the lever back to stop instead of hanging off the side to reach the brake pedal. :lol:
I might have to copy your  awesome platform for my truck so I can get the tractors to the show next year. 


If we make changes to our setup (toy hauler) we might not need that deck...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BHunter
18 minutes ago, pullstart said:


If we make changes to our setup (toy hauler) we might not need that deck...  

putting a rollback deck on Norman? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pullstart
2 hours ago, BHunter said:

putting a rollback deck on Norman? 

 

Hoping for a toy hauler camper by next season :handgestures-thumbupright:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BHunter
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

 

Hoping for a toy hauler camper by next season :handgestures-thumbupright:

Nice. That will be cool.  
 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX24

Just caught this thread Bob nice 877! :handgestures-thumbupright: :text-coolphotos:

A 877 is on my bucket list would round out my '67 line up nicely and 8 HP short frames make such nice working tractors.  Still regret not scoring a nice one that Mike @prondzy had. 

 

On 8/30/2020 at 11:34 AM, pullstart said:

 

Hoping for a toy hauler camper by next season :handgestures-thumbupright:

You would not regret it Kev. Highly recommend one that the ramp can be turned into a deck. Have yet to use mine at shows as we all gather outside but for some camping by the lake would be the cat's meow. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BHunter
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Just caught this thread Bob nice 877! :handgestures-thumbupright: :text-coolphotos:

A 877 is on my bucket list would round out my '67 line up nicely and HP short frames make such nice working tractors.  Still regret not scoring a nice one that Mike @prondzy had. 

 

You would not regret it Kev. Highly recommend one that the ramp can be turned into a deck. Have yet to use mine at shows as we all gather outside but for some camping by the lake would be the cat's meow. 

Thanks. That’s the one with the fuel pump issues. I’ll be getting a new diaphragm soon though. 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX24

Yes mine hopefully got sent out today.

Wonder if you could do me a favor Bob. Would like to know if there is a cam lobe to operate a mechanical fuel pump in a 8 HP.. The style with the lever. More importantly is the cam lobe centered in the pump mounting hole or is it offset to the right? 

See this thread

 

Edited by WHX24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
pfrederi

K 181s use the offset Pump arm. 

 

Quick scan of the IPL indicates the vast majority used the same camshaft so the lobe would be there

Edited by pfrederi
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BHunter
3 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Yes mine hopefully got sent out today.

Wonder if you could do me a favor Bob. Would like to know if there is a cam lobe to operate a mechanical fuel pump in a 8 HP.. The style with the lever. More importantly is the cam lobe centered in the pump mounting hole or is it offset to the right? 

See this thread

 

It’s offset to the right

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BHunter
1 hour ago, BHunter said:

It’s offset to the right

You can see a little bit of the lobe on the right side of you zoom in. 

98FE23DA-2CB3-4604-8597-A933B622A8A4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
BHunter

I started taking the hood apart to get it ready for paint and found bare metal between the hood and the mounting bracket. No wonder I see a lot of hoods that have rot in that spot. This one only has surface rust. Not bad for a 1967. 

0E969765-F5B7-493C-A2F4-A49B5D1EECE7.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...