bottjernat1

Well you dont see this everyday!!

bottjernat1

I have tried multiple times to buy it he wont sell!! LOL He's a good guy but he is also a person that if hes got it it is worth its weight in gold but if you own something wheelhorse it isnt worth crap. LOL

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Is it from Wheel Horse as a sales tool, or custom made?

• Like 1

bottjernat1
9 minutes ago, pullstart said:

A sales tool from wheelhorse!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

WHNJ701
55 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I don't know?  unless someone has photos of one from back in the day or knows the piece is 100% as genuine, I am thinking it's custom made.

• Confused 1

Tractorhead

However,

i find it is a nice gadget for a Wheelhorse Stable.

👍

dalez

TroyBilt did a similar cut-a-way with their tiller transmission. Had it on a stand and maybe had a handle on it to rotate the gears IIRC.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Superb!!:party:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

@Racinbob  Bob, didn't you say you have seen this kind of thing before, and it is factory, built for demonstration.???  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

squonk

I remember seeing that at the show a year or 2 ago.

• Like 2

wallfish
On 7/2/2020 at 3:19 PM, pullstart said:

Guessing custom too. Factory cutaways would typically have holes and cutaways to show EVERYTHING. Differential and pinions, the different bearings and seals etc. etc. etc.

But ya never know because they could've ordered it that way. Highly doubt there would only be one though or maybe it was done by a dealer.

:twocents-02cents:

Racinbob
4 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

@Racinbob  Bob, didn't you say you have seen this kind of thing before, and it is factory, built for demonstration.???  :occasion-xmas:

No Steve. Never heard of this as being factory. I did mention I was thinking about building one. As time went by somebody needed a part I had and I gave it to them.  Then another, and another and.........now I don't have enough parts to build one. :)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

953 nut

I think "Wild Bill" had one sort of like it at the Big Show a few years back.

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Yes like Richard says one was at the big show in Pennsylvania several years back! I saw it there.

• Like 2

bottjernat1
On 7/2/2020 at 4:20 PM, jabelman said:

I am thinking it's custom made.

Not custom made this guy that has it was a dealer at one time. And he knows his stuff. It is legit. These were rare but alot of manufactures had them. my late dad had a cut away of a flathead v8. 

stevasaurus

I made one out of a #5003 trans, but I really needed the front part of the casting so as to show the rails and reverse idler.

2011_1027JAKESTRANNYS0011.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

buckrancher

how many cut open transmissions do you want me to make ?

Edited by buckrancher
  • Haha 4

stevasaurus

@buckrancher...Brian, you wouldn't happen to have a #5045, #5047, #5031, #5039 or #5058 bevel gear differential transmission laying around???  A member in Connecticut needs one bad.  :orcs-cheers:

• Heart 1

953 nut

I found the picture of Wild Bill's cutaway transmission, it was in Farm Collector Magazine, January 2006. They did coverage of the show.

100_3531.JPG.f6d77b372a9999be51aa8e08cbfd15bf.JPG

• Excellent 1

bottjernat1
12 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I found the picture of Wild Bill's cutaway transmission, it was in Farm Collector Magazine, January 2006. They did coverage of the show.

100_3531.JPG.f6d77b372a9999be51aa8e08cbfd15bf.JPG

That pretty cool. looks like a high low transmission.8 speed

stevasaurus

That is not only a hi/low range transmission, it is a 10 pinion limited slip.  If those are aluminum end plates, it is a #5060.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

bottjernat1
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

That is not only a hi/low range transmission, it is a 10 pinion limited slip.  If those are aluminum end plates, it is a #5060.  :occasion-xmas:

if it isnt a high low then why the shifter off to the side? and then if im not mistaken the slot in the middle would be where the main shifter would go. it looks like the tranny in my 73 no name. inlighten me my good man. I am always up for a teachin lesson. Not joking im serious. Thanks steve. It looks like this tranny to me. maybe im wrong 

IMG_20180713_174558.jpg.ea7c77f67105f75d8a49fbc53b931d77.jpg

Edited by bottjernat1

stevasaurus

Nate, your transmission also looks like a regular 8 speed.  If you look at the picture of that trans in the magazine, you can see part of the differential.  You can see 3 of the bolts and determine that there are 2  more bolts that you can't see.  The 10 pinion, limited slip differential has 5 bolts.  The regular 8 pinion differential only has 4 bolts.  Yours also has a dip stick...if it is a 10 pinion, it is a #5073.  I would like to see the other side of yours.  If you have a 1" extension on the fill plug, it is a pretty good chance it is a 10 pinion.  If not, you really need to see how many bolts are holding the differential together.     :occasion-xmas:

bottjernat1
17 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Nate, your transmission also looks like a regular 8 speed.  If you look at the picture of that trans in the magazine, you can see part of the differential.  You can see 3 of the bolts and determine that there are 2  more bolts that you can't see.  The 10 pinion, limited slip differential has 5 bolts.  The regular 8 pinion differential only has 4 bolts.  Yours also has a dip stick...if it is a 10 pinion, it is a #5073.  I would like to see the other side of yours.  If you have a 1" extension on the fill plug, it is a pretty good chance it is a 10 pinion.  If not, you really need to see how many bolts are holding the differential together.     :occasion-xmas:

I think we are getting confused. LOL my friends (first post i made) i know is a regular 4 speed 3 forward and 1 reverse. The second photo that 953nut posted looks to be a 8 speed. The other photo i posted was from this site and i thought it seems to be the same tranny 953nut posted. There i hope we got it all straightened out. LOL

• Like 1