D_Mac

Lambert / Farm-Ette 655 Need all the help I can get.

Pullstart

@D_Mac...  I see a very common occurrence.  You get stuck.  You tell us you’re stuck.  You achieve what you have been struggling with!  This little guy is looking pretty sweet and I love the paint scheme!  Pin striping is going to make it POP!   I seem to forget to look in the other brands section but then binge read to catch up.  I could add a bunch of responses to the last few weeks’ worth of comments, but they wouldn’t really fit now.  You’re doing great!  Those 6-12 tires are pretty awesome, have you had any buyers?

D_Mac
54 minutes ago, pullstart said:

@D_Mac...  I see a very common occurrence.  You get stuck.  You tell us you’re stuck.  You achieve what you have been struggling with!  This little guy is looking pretty sweet and I love the paint scheme!  Pin striping is going to make it POP!   I seem to forget to look in the other brands section but then binge read to catch up.  I could add a bunch of responses to the last few weeks’ worth of comments, but they wouldn’t really fit now.  You’re doing great!  Those 6-12 tires are pretty awesome, have you had any buyers?

No... I still have 2 sets of those tires. I noticed on the Firestone set one is marked " blemish" . The are nice. If you are ever in the area again I will make you a sweet deal. Just sucks being so close to finishing and now cant come up with an engine. I know one will turn up.... hey maybe someone wants to trade a 6hp techumseh for a set of Firestone Town & Countrys ??? lol

20200515_152942.jpg

Pullstart
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

No... I still have 2 sets of those tires. I noticed on the Firestone set one is marked " blemish" . The are nice. If you are ever in the area again I will make you a sweet deal. Just sucks being so close to finishing and now cant come up with an engine. I know one will turn up.... hey maybe someone wants to trade a 6hp techumseh for a set of Firestone Town & Countrys ??? lol

20200515_152942.jpg

I think I like these ones!  Now to find something for them to go on...

8204B4E8-5F99-49A8-83FA-6531DB5A902F.jpeg

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

I got those tires too !!! First time the Lambert has had all 4 tires on the ground in a loooong time. I still think thats one good looking tractor. Would look a heck of alot better with a engine in it !!!! I see a little Kohler on Ebay. Kohler SH series. Anyone know anything about them?

20200609_115309.jpg

20200609_115320.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Sinister...  I love it!  Black wheels were the right choice :handgestures-thumbupright:

squonk
7 hours ago, D_Mac said:

20200515_152942.jpg

How much for a pair of stones? 

D_Mac

@squonk how much ya got? The set is NOS one is a blem. The other set is NOS Same size 6x12 Interurban. Made by Firestone I believe. Went to start my truck today and it just clicked, I think its the starter so I can use some starter $ lol First pair are the Interurbans, second pair are the Firestones. They clean up good. Those tires on the rims are my tires on the Lambert just cleaned up.

20200515_153840.jpg

20200515_153847.jpg

20200515_153855.jpg

20200515_153901.jpg

D_Mac

Well after calling Harbor Freight again they still didnt have an engine in the store. I decided to try my luck and order one off the website. Lets see if it ever arrives or if I just kissed that money good-bye. Fingers Crossed !!!

• Like 1

71_Bronco

Just came across this thread. That grey / black scheme looks super sharp on that with all the angles, and the black wheels make it look really mean.

I have an old ariens snow thrower with a 5hp Techumseh (I think an HS-50). I dont use the snow thrower anymore and needs a little work. If you are ever in the Central CT area, you're more than welcome to it. Dont know the output shaft configuration (tapered or straight).

D_Mac

Well thank you very much @71_Bronco I am still waiting for the engine I ordered. I still keep an eye on craigslist for a 6hp Tecumseh. That is what was in there originally. One will pop up. I just thought the Predator would be something I could get on there fast and easy. Turns out not so fast. Keep watching, I will get it going. I cant give up on it after all I done so far. Its not a real restoration but it is a far cry from when I got it. I got some red pinstripe on order that I plain on putting on the hood. Just to separate the black and the gray. I love the lines of this Lambert. Looks like its moving fast standing still and how cool are those fenders. I even have the mower deck for it. If I dont get an engine its gonna be some nice yard art !!

D_Mac

Yeah just received email from Harbor Freight  saying they dont know when they are getting the engines in. Might become yard art again!! It was yard art when I got it. I will keep looking.

20200531_181429.jpg

00q0q_7RXbbUuKifP_1200x900.jpg

• Sad 1

WHNJ701

Northern tool has plenty of engine options that will fit that tractor 

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

Even though I have been at a stand still looking for an engine I havent forgot about this project. I figured why not go out in the blistering heat today and do a little pin striping. I like to add that this pin stripe dosnt seem to be of very good quality as I found it difficult getting it to stick. Never had such a problem before. Hope it sticks, looks pretty good I think.

20200620_181154.jpg

20200620_181106.jpg

20200620_181248.jpg

20200620_181134.jpg

20200620_181059.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

D_Mac

I havent forgotten about this project. I been busy on the 2 Wheel Horses and I am STILL waiting for a Predator engine. I loaded it on to my truck yesterday and took it over to my cousins house for a little welding. I need to get the steering support welded up again and he offered to do it for me. The steering column goes through a long tube. The tube is welded at the bottom to the frame. Well, when ever anyone pushes one, they always grab the steering wheel to push it. Over time that weld broke and made the whole steering assembly very loose. He welded the bottom and also made small supports to give it much more strength. We had to scuff up the pain alot but well worth it. I will repaint once engine ever gets installed. Next he started asking me about the lever on the side. I explained that it raises and lowers the deck height. Problem was that the thumb button was rusted up soild. I have been soaking it with PB Blaster and wacking it with a hammer forever and cant get it to move. He took his heat gun out and heated it up and  removed the white plastic grip. Next he busted out the torch and heated that handle and thumb buttom to red hot. Worked it up and down and got it free. Must have been a spring in there to keep the rod from falling down. With out the spring the rod falls and wont lock into position. Removing the rod and getting a spring in there wasnt an option so he fabricated a spring on the outside of the handle. Welded a couple of small washers and attached a spring. Works perfect now !. he also dug through his parts of stuff and found the center cap for the steering wheel I have on it. Looks alot better with it ! After that I looked at the progress he is making on his 57 Chevy and admired his 64 Chevy II . He is a Hot Rod'r through and through. He has the engine put together and installed on the 57. He has been working on that car for a long long time. He is doing ALL the work himself. Every drop of paint, every nut and bolt, everything piece of trim, rubber , glass, everything new and done himself. I give alot of credit, he knows his stuff.

20200628_144555.jpg

20200628_144606.jpg

20200628_144542.jpg

20200628_144528.jpg

20200628_144633.jpg

20200627_121424.jpg

20200627_121458.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

D_Mac

Well lookie what I picked up this morning !!! Been waiting a long time to get one. See if I can get this finished in the next few days..... stay tuned !!!

20200709_104404.jpg

20200709_104412.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 2

D_Mac

Took it out of the box and sat it inside. Fits really nice. I thought about what I might need before trying to put it in and I think I need a throttle linkage assembly. Ordered one. Going to get a new throttle cable as well. I have the pulley and a sleeve for the shaft. Should look and run pretty good if I can pull it off. These pics show the engine just sitting in there. Nothing is connected.....yet ! Question for you guys... shall I mount the mowing deck on it or leave it off?

20200709_103934.jpg

20200709_103948.jpg

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

That looks like the motor was made for it. Nice fit.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

Fits in there really nice. I didnt look to see if the slots line up on the frame but that shouldnt be an issue anyways. Undecided on the mowing deck. If I should put it on or leave it off. If I do put it on, right now I painted the deck black. Maybe paint the deck red?

D_Mac

Bolted it down but loosely. Still need to get throttle cable and throttle linkage. Need to get new belts. I never had the deck belt so I dont know the size. Not sure I want to mount the deck to even measure. I cant really work or go anywhere I have people painting my house. Cant wait to get this running. Been a long time since this machine was moving under its own power. So Close.

20200710_104840.jpg

20200710_104739.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

troutbum70

Sure looks like belongs there, well done.

Oldskool

Now that's a nice little build. You did a great job with it. Always nice to see those old discarded tractors brought to life.👍

• Thanks 1

Oldskool

Trying to work a deal for this one. I think I am finally wearing him down. Not sure what year it is.

20200503_193540.jpg

D_Mac
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

Trying to work a deal for this one. I think I am finally wearing him down. Not sure what year it is.

20200503_193540.jpg

Pretty sure what you have there is a Farmette 45. Lambert bought out Farmette in 1964 so that tractor I am guessing mid to late 50's. Kinda rare you dont see many. I think it originally came with a Clinton engine. I am no expert I could be wrong. Maybe @diesel cowboy can ID it. I would scoop it up. looks like the front wheel is buried.... he needs to sell it !!

• Excellent 1

Oldskool

@D_Mac thanks for the info, and yes he does need to sell it lol

D_Mac

Hope you get it. Seems to be in better shape then this one when I got it. At least it is inside. Looks to be a newer engine. I dont know much about them. I had fun redoing this one. I had my doubts on if I could do it. I am close to the finish line now. Just waiting on hopefully the last part to finish it off. I need to secure the pulley and add a throttle cable. Fingers crossed I will be driving it down the driveway soon. Keep us posted on that tractor, hope you get it.