Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Achto
8 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Well look where that got you now!:lol: I'll let him explain fellas!

Put the boat in the water yesterday, engine fired right up like it always does. Started trolling along to get around the boat traffic by the landing. Then the engine stopped just like some one turned the key off.:( Good thing we were still near the landing, used the electric trolling motor to get back in. Did some poking around & discovered that I have no spark on any of the 4 cylinders. No parts & not much for tools here at the campground so it will have to wait till I get home.

Guess if I wanna fish, I'll be getting around on electric power for the next couple days.:thumbs2:

Edited by Achto
  • Sad 2

rjg854

Sorry Dan it's not really funny when you're in that situation, but ........  :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 6

Achto
8 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Sorry Dan, Here's your sign.

4 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Sorry Dan it's not really funny when you're in that situation, but ........  :laughing-rolling:

Not gonna lie, there was a fair amount of sulking yesterday but I'm over it now. Nothing a little time & money won't fix. Gotta figure out if it's the stator, pick up or power box. I'll make the ole 45hp Mariner live again. :thumbs2:

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

cleat
38 minutes ago, Achto said:

Put the boat in the water yesterday, engine fired right up like it always does. Started trolling along to get around the boat traffic by the landing. Then the engine stopped just like some one turned the key off.:( Good thing we were still near the landing, used the electric trolling motor to get back in. Did some poking around & discovered that I have no spark on any of the 4 cylinders. No parts & not much for tools here at the campground so it will have to wait till I get home.

Guess if I wanna fish, I'll be getting around on electric power for the next couple days.:thumbs2:

Well, electric is the trend right now.

Maybe a tesla trolling motor is the thing to have.

• Haha 6

Wheel-N-It
12 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Amen Plunger... evertime I hop in one and that touch screen says all this bull crap about keeping eyes on the road... well then why the heck give me those distractions?!?! How about a three on the tree instead?!?!

Excuse me for showing my age...:lol:

Right on, my wheel horse brother LOL :handgestures-thumbupright:  My 1965 Ford F100 has a smooth working three on the tree, and I love it !!!

I even sprayed some lubricant on the shifter bushings last night to help keep it shifting like it should. 

Who else here has a running/driving car or truck with a three on the tree?

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Achto

What's worse than a boat motor with no spark?? How about one that mercilessly has spark the next day? :wacko: 

Was out trolling with the electric motor & thought I'd try the key just for kicks. Starter was engaged for less than a second & the engine was running. Well that's how this engine usually starts. Ran the snot out of it for about 20min with no issues. 

Nothing worse to me than an intermittent electrical issue.

• Confused 3

Ed Kennell
28 minutes ago, Achto said:

engine was running

Did you threaten  to use it for an anchor?   :lol:

• Haha 7

Achto
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Did you threaten  to use it for an anchor?   :lol:

That was one option it was given.:lol:

• Haha 5

Tractorhead
On 7/2/2023 at 2:42 PM, Achto said:

I'll make the ole 45hp Mariner live again. :thumbs2:

... as i allways stated, better to have than to need 😉👍

• Like 3

8ntruck

Interesting.  I'm reading here about power outages and generators when our Generac and all of the neighbor's Generacs fire up.  Sunny almost 90, gentle wind at the moment.  No idea why the power dropped.

Boat motors.  I'm having long discussions with the 20hp Honda on our pontoon about starting when cold.  This engine does not have a conventional choke.  It has something called a 'cold start enrichment circuit'.  I suspect that there is some minute bit of crud somewhere in the carb where it should not be.  Once I get it started for the first time of the day, it runs and starts just fine.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

.  I'm having long discussions with the 20hp Honda on our pontoon about starting when cold

Have you tried expeditious usage of exponentially extreme expletives?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sparky
3 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Interesting.  I'm reading here about power outages and generators when our Generac and all of the neighbor's Generacs fire up.  Sunny almost 90, gentle wind at the moment.  No idea why the power dropped.

Boat motors.  I'm having long discussions with the 20hp Honda on our pontoon about starting when cold.  This engine does not have a conventional choke.  It has something called a 'cold start enrichment circuit'.  I suspect that there is some minute bit of crud somewhere in the carb where it should not be.  Once I get it started for the first time of the day, it runs and starts just fine.

My 28hp Johnson has a similar setup. The enricher thingy on mine has a lever (bypass maybe) that I move, give the primer bulb a few squeezes, move the lever back and then she fires right up. Only have to do that when it’s cold. Once I’ve run it she fires up almost instantly all day long. Never bothered me enough to get any deeper into analyzing it.

• Like 1

Stormin

Morning spent collecting and setting up a water butt by the new garden shed. Afternoon usual mowing of lawn, green, verges and bridleway.

Neighbours by the cross roads mower was away being repaired. So being the nice good neighbour I am I nipped over and mowed the verge by their place. :angelic-halo:

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Stormin Norm what is a water butt ?

8ntruck
7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Have you tried expeditious usage of exponentially extreme expletives?

Repeatedly.  It seems to be immune to that approach.

• Haha 3

8ntruck
4 hours ago, Sparky said:

My 28hp Johnson has a similar setup. The enricher thingy on mine has a lever (bypass maybe) that I move, give the primer bulb a few squeezes, move the lever back and then she fires right up. Only have to do that when it’s cold. Once I’ve run it she fires up almost instantly all day long. Never bothered me enough to get any deeper into analyzing it.

Mine has a fast idle 'throttle' lever on the throttle/shifter console.  I'll give that a try on the next cold start.

8ntruck

Shortly after we lost power today, we also lost our internet connection.  Normally, not an issue.  Except today, we were scheduled for a return call from the SS admin that we had to wait 2 weeks for.  No internet, no land line, and for so,e reason, no cell service either.  Now, we need to start going through the scheduling bureaucracy all over again :angry-banghead:.

• Sad 3

Wheel-N-It

Nothing amazing to report today. 

1. Worked at my job 10 hours

2. Came home to find my son was already on the zero turn mowing. 

3. Son sent me to the gas station to buy another 35 gallons of 90 octane non-eth  (and a 12 pack of Coors lite)

4. Came home and cooked dinner for my Son, and had everything on the table for him when he finished mowing and putting op the zero turn. (He's a good Son, and yes he has a Wheel Horse)

5  Washed dishes.

6. Got on the desktop computer and finished up my work reports, and checked my schedule for tomorrow.

7  Logged on to Red Square.

8.  Remembered I forgot to drink one of those Coors Lite that I bought at the store (see item 3 above)

9.  Made this post about what I did today 

Have a good night everyone, see you tomorrow. 

• Like 6

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Son sent me to the gas station to buy another 35 gallons of 90 octane non-eth

This shows 2 generations of good decision making.  

5 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

6. Got on the desktop computer and finished up my work reports, and checked my schedule for tomorrow.

7  Logged on to Red Square.

This, however, clearly shows your priorities are occasionally reversed. 

1. Redsquare.

2. Then... (4 letter W words).  

• Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Stormin
20 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Stormin Norm what is a water butt ?

You most likely call it a rain barrel, John.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Stormin be nice , you know colonists don't speak the King's English. I have trouble understanding Skunky , Dino and Randy when I am sitting next to them. I thought that the words got garbled when they went into the internet wires buried under the pond called the Atlantic.

Stormin

Been over to my mates in Scotland today as usual on a Thursday. Felled four ash trees. The PO of the property planted loads of trees, to close to each other and never thinned out. 

That has created problems when felling until we can make room for the trees to fall.

Three today snagged on other trees. Widow makers are the term I believe. That was when the the big MF tractor and winch came into play. Strap round the trunk base and pull until they hit the ground. Then cut up and pile the brash in a heap to be cleared away a burnt at a later date. Some will be logged and some used as path edging. At a rough guess around 200 to go at least. Keep us quiet for a few years.:chores-chopwood:

• Like 3

Stormin
2 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Stormin be nice , you know colonists don't speak the King's English. I have trouble understanding Skunky , Dino and Randy when I am sitting next to them. I thought that the words got garbled when they went into the internet wires buried under the pond called the Atlantic.

Would a photo help, John? :hide:

• Haha 3