Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

ranger
11 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Why didn’t you keep going ?… I see more in the background…

It cost me 5litres of gas to cut this bit🙀

• Haha 1

c-series don
16 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Why didn’t you keep going ?… I see more in the background…

@Horse Newbie that sh_ _  made me laugh! I @ranger will need a deck a little bigger than 36” for that? Maybe a 42”or 48” 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

ranger
30 minutes ago, c-series don said:

@Horse Newbie that sh_ _  made me laugh! I @ranger will need a deck a little bigger than 36” for that? Maybe a 42”or 48” 🤣

Took the 42” SD deck off. It’s too wide to walk alongside the tractor when its mowing, (I need the exercise). 36” RD deck perfect. High second gear was just right at w.o.t. Watch said around 12000 steps 🚶‍♂️taken cutting this little bit!

• Like 4

c-series don

So now we all know that the safety switches don’t work on your tractor!🤣🤣

• Haha 4

ranger
54 minutes ago, c-series don said:

All the safety switches work perfectly, they’re just not connected 😹

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

11 minutes ago, ranger said:

All the safety switches work perfectly, they’re just not connected 😹

At least @ranger has em. 

Mine don't even get reinstalled.....

:hide:

• Haha 5

peter lena

@ranger  thanks for the reference , shout out !  wheels are no problem , some silver paint cannot cover . dare I suggest , adding KROIL FUEL ADDITIVE  to your tank , incrediable cleaning / action ,look at oil for  a quicker blacker color , showing varnish / crud breakdown . very nice cutting job , pete  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wheel-N-It

This pole barn is 25 feet deep and 45 feet long. Last weekend I raised the grade of the end bay you see here about 7 inches, then put down these commercial grade retaining wall cap blocks as a floor to place all the stuff you see in the corner. Friday I went to Lowes building supply and bought the brackets you see on the back wall and installed them and put up the lumber and tractor tires and steel pipe. The next phase of this project is to raise the grade in that bay, it is 16 feet wide by 25 feet deep. Then there are two more bays to the left of that, to be raised at a later date, maybe in the Fall. 

pole_barn.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

Once again, I find myself cleaning shop.  I’ve been great at making the mess my whole life, terrible at taking care of it.

I’m planning to wheel the car out while I wait for parts, and do a little Norman maintenance this afternoon before the Big Show Trek.

Had me some smoked pig and scalloped taters for lunch, now it’s back to work time!

9C4EDCA6-9C4F-4D2C-9B32-7999BFB2ADCF.jpeg

B8310FC9-91A7-48C7-B11D-B832F7AE2210.jpeg

146786A3-E0F6-4139-A241-0B17B218761A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I’ve been great at making the mess my whole life, terrible at taking care of it.

:ROTF:

Yyyeeeaaahhh. 

Join the crowd there, Chief.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??
18 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I’ve been great at making the mess my whole life, terrible at taking care of it.

I'll throw no stones but do find after a good shop cleaning how much more room there is...:)

• Like 5

Horse Newbie
11 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

This pole barn is 25 feet deep and 45 feet long. Last weekend I raised the grade of the end bay you see here about 7 inches, then put down these commercial grade retaining wall cap blocks as a floor to place all the stuff you see in the corner. Friday I went to Lowes building supply and bought the brackets you see on the back wall and installed them and put up the lumber and tractor tires and steel pipe. The next phase of this project is to raise the grade in that bay, it is 16 feet wide by 25 feet deep. Then there are two more bays to the left of that, to be raised at a later date, maybe in the Fall. 

pole_barn.jpg

What’s that GM product in the left side of the pic ?

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

Close to lowering the car to the ground and rolling it out!

6EBE58A3-EB5E-45E0-86B1-F9BDF6B30BDE.jpeg

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
1 hour ago, Horse Newbie said:

What’s that GM product in the left side of the pic ?

That is a 1969 Chevelle Malibu.  I have that one and an old 69 Chevelle drag car. Right now I have a 1966 Chevelle Malibu (454 big block / 4-speed) in the paint shop. It should get the last coat of primer this week, then painted. It will be finished after painting, buffing, waxing, and new chrome. In the meantime, I've been picking up things for the Chevelle you see here. Will probably start on it next Spring, after picking up more parts. 

I can't decide if I'm a Chevelle & Impala muscle car guy who also likes Wheel Horses, or a Wheel Horse guy who also likes Chevelle's and Impala's 

Either way, it's all good.   BTW, I knew sooner or later someone from North Carolina was going to ask about that Chevelle in the pic LOL :auto-layrubber:

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

I'll throw no stones but do find after a good shop cleaning how much more room there is...:)

Then ya go tractor shopping.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

WHX??

The house is now butternut. 

Olympic solid stain I used on the hunting shack five years ago and holding up well. See how well it stacks up against what they claim. 

Looks nice. Started at 8:30 done at 11:30. Dry to walk on by 4. Hot and dry here today. 

More work pulling all the crap off and putting it back on. Trim is gonna get a darker shade of green. 

20230619_082418.jpg

16872209216714558441023448952386.jpg

20230619_192532.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Lane Ranger

Jim: 

I used Cabot stain on my fence this month.  Redwood. But Cabot on the inside and going to use Olympic on the outside . I have not used the Olympic before but it looks like good stuff.  I did this with a brush , two good coats soaked in.  

9744D452-FF43-4592-AC5F-D999C7BECCDE.jpeg

4589D8D7-BC3A-4B41-8E82-22AE5DA45A24.jpeg

B34242E5-421C-47E3-9836-B73CED736EB0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
32 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

used Cabot stain on my fence this month.  Redwood. But Cabot on the inside and going to use Olympic on the outside . I have not used the Olympic before but it looks like good stuff.  I did this with a brush ,

Originally used Cabot oil base in the mid nineties so held up well over the years. I didn't know Olympic is a PPG product. 

I would use a sprayer Lane... really goes quick and nice even coverage. I had bought a HF cheapy sprayer but a buddy came over with a pro sprayer and did it for a steak dinner. 

• Like 2

peter lena

@Pullstart  met up with my grandson , after 10 months at welding school , certified in 4  stages / phases of welding , already has a fabrication shop lined up for  work / trade . also an entirely different  guy ,  confident , knowes what he wants , plans . very good back and forth , gave him my old welding helmet , glad to give it to him . emphasize him getting a  clean air / self breathing hood , safety / protection . he is already working on that . emphasized failing  will not kill you , and more often than not , its the other persons , insucurity fear . will be going out for family dinner , this week .  my other grandson  in the marines ,will me going to miramar  air base in calif , for his crew chief  final stage , proud grampa , pete

• Like 1
  • Heart 5

8ntruck

Started on the remodel of the lake house bathroom today.  I got the old shower stall ripped out and was starting on removing the toilet to mock up the new fixture arrangement before we finalize purchasing new fixtures.

Just then my wife checks in on me.  She said that one of our sons called wanting to come up for a visit this weekend.  Well, I reversed the ratchet on my wrench to tighten the toilet back down and reconnected the water supply.

If I wasn't planning on the mock up, there is a good chance the bathroom would have been beyond getting back to useable - sans shower.

Was hoping to get this done by July 4.  I don't think I'll be able to do that now.

• Like 2

Monstrosity

Traveling to PA today for the big show and on rt 222 in bucks County I believe was a good looking I believe to be a Bseries wheelhorse sitting up in the driveway of the house went by too quick to snag a pic 

ohiofarmer

I got a call from the tenant at the little town two miles away. The gas company was installing fart smeeters and they said there was a bad gas leak in the crawl space.

The construction crew shut off his gas so no hot water. I was upset because according to the tenant they.  did not use the gas stops. It turns out they probably did use them so I calmed down and accepted what I had to do. The construction crew did me a solid by extending the pipe inside the crawl space, installing a union, and reducer.

The pipe was in good shape until it got into a corner area where the air did not move . The pictures tell it all

That coupling is supposed to not have a rusted away crater. The pipe itself has layers of rust at least  deep enough to leak if it extends into the threads.

IMG_20230622_174505.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ohiofarmer

The meter crew said the crawl space had forty percent gas in the air

The smart meter was detecting maybe one cubic foot in an hour and a half. The crawl space access hole reveals a definite need to lose some weight, but that's another story.

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

The meter crew said the crawl space had forty percent gas in the air

The smart meter was detecting maybe one cubic foot in an hour and a half. The crawl space access hole reveals a definite need to lose some weight, but that's another story.

I find that need nearly every move I make.