Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Horse Newbie When is your neighbor moving his wife out to the shed, so he has more room for his stuff?:ROTF:

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Horse Newbie When is your neighbor moving his wife out to the shed, so he has more room for his stuff?:ROTF:

This is a legitimate question 

• Haha 2

Easton Rich

Shootin' birds with a BB gun. Never gonna lower the population. It's like they reproduce every 5 minutes

Horse Newbie
19 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

He is hoping to make more room in his shop/ shed.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
55 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

20 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Brave man... or perhaps just... :scared-eek:

BBT might correct your thinking @ebinmaine and move you out to the shed... :deadhorse:

• Haha 3

Pullstart

Had a surprise birthday party for my 26 year old BIL today.  There were 12 of us guys at an indoor golf simulator place.  There were two simulators, and 4 hours.  Got plenty of swings in and I traded my soft shaft driver for a firm shaft driver with a guy who really wanted a soft one.  Winning!  I am looking forward to swinging my new driver a bit more and never thought I’d say this but am looking forward to golf season.  Talk birdie to me!

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH
5 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Talk birdie to me!

:scared-eek:

Ah...

Nope...

:snooty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Brave man... or perhaps just... :scared-eek:

BBT might correct your thinking @ebinmaine and move you out to the shed... :deadhorse:

I ent stooopidd ya know. 

Whi yoo thimk I got aoch a Big bahn??

:ROTF:

• Haha 2

Easton Rich
2 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

He is hoping to make more room in his shop/ shed.

He is just going to fill it up anyway

• Haha 1

Easton Rich

:ROTF:

Horse Newbie
1 minute ago, Easton Rich said:

He is just going to fill it up anyway

Yep… I have his grandkids go-cart in my shop and now that wrenching season is upon us I told him that he had to make room at his shop for it😆

Easton Rich

That's just how it is. and that's that. Honestly, I really don't need more but.... you can't stop me:banana-wrench:

• Haha 1

Pullstart

I’ve been doing some welding today for the race cars team down the road.  Stainless steel TIG exhaust tabs for the outlaw late model and carbon steel MIG lower control arm supports and ball joint cups for the modified.  I took a break to go donate blood and now it’s time for a few more control arms.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Started the day with a quick welding job for a neighbor.  They had an aluminum wheel chock crack and needed some putting back together.  I didn’t have high hopes on it, being a dirty old wheel stander stiller.  It welded great and I made ‘em happy.  Did some other clean up and got Putt Putt stuck and filthy in the field.  Ended the day with another quick weld job for another neighbor, building his own garage door opener system but can’t see enough to weld by himself any more.  Feels good to help neighbors and take a tractor ride!  Now, I’m attempting fried rice and baked tilapia.

02461056-5F19-4343-8496-76EB58FF5767.jpeg

DE336417-148F-4800-B43B-98D5B00289A8.jpeg

32C34D36-BFA7-4B7D-BCBD-D479BA21DCF6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Pullstart Figured mud would be part of your day. You pulling a boat out of the snow or creek? Were any flip flops harmed in the last picture?

• Haha 3

Pullstart
20 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Pullstart Figured mud would be part of your day. You pulling a boat out of the snow or creek? Were any flip flops harmed in the last picture?

I was doing some property clean up.  You’d think I’d know all the soft spots after 5 years being here, but I keep finding more!  No flip flops were harmed, but I stepped out of my muck boot once.  I was fortunate to catch the slip before the next step!

7DE94300-8DFE-4DB3-A73F-F0F912C66A3D.jpeg

Edited by Pullstart
Trailer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Beap52

Didn't do this today but is still less than 24 hours old.   Had a reasonably nice day in SW Missouri so fired up the smoker and broke out the dutch oven. 

I was nosing around the freezer a few days ago and found a bag of blackberries we picked last summer and a corned beef brisket I bought last year after they went on sale following St. Patrick's Day.   It was pretty cheap as Walmart had a bunch of them left over.  I soaked it in the refrigerator for two or three days, changing the water three or four times.  I have found if I don't soak the corned beef brisket, they are way too salty.  Didn't put any rub or coating on the brisket, had it on the smoker about 12 hours.  That's way longer than normal and the only thing I can think of is it absorbed water that had to be sweated out during the stall.  Had it plus a baked potato I cooked in the smoker as well for supper this evening.

The blackberry pie was baked in a dutch oven.  I don't use fancy lattice top or such on my pies, just tear the pie crust in pieces and sling it on there.  We use the dutch oven a lot when camping.  I did tear into it last night along with some ice cream.  OK, the ice cream was store bought--but it's still early in the year!

Someone asked me one time about cooking.  Well, I worked in construction.  Figure if I could build a house, I could build a pie!

smoked corn beef.jpg

blackberry in dutch oven.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

WHX??

A job I loathe...cleaning the parts cleaner. Been at least 15 years since I did it last and was spurred on it by dropping a governor shaft into the four inches of muck. It would have been like finding that 10mm socket that rolled into no mans land. Many a filthy Kohler been through it along with a few restos and lots of other parts. Sides it was low on solvent

Going to try and reuse some solvent so started by draining it into buckets with a paint strainer to catch the big stuff. 

20230313_101652.jpg

20230313_101701.jpg

After th old stuff sets in buckets for a week crap will settle out an I'll pour back in off the top of the bucket. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Handy Don
1 minute ago, WHX?? said:

catch the big stuff

At least you can be fairly sure there isn’t anything alive in there! :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

Pullstart

Uhhhhhhh @Beap52….   Yum! 

Uhhhhhhh @WHX??….  Yuck!

• Haha 5

WHX??

I did buy a new jug of solvent. 70 bucks for a five gallon can and its got stuff in it I can't even pronounce. But it does say for industrial use so I think I got top shelf. 

On to better things... some assembly required... :lol:

20230315_084834.jpg

Coupon out there fellas 30 clams off!

Still gonna have 300 in it with all the mods. Ytube is loaded with mods on how to make these perform like a $$$$ blaster. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

DTE contractor cut down three huge white pines last week that they compromised last fall by excessive trimming... this years heavy snow and ice storm finished them off... :(

Yard went from private and shaded to wide open and sun... :scared-eek:

Starting process of figuring out new tree / shrub placement to begin again... Perhaps there's a shed in them there plans... :ph34r:

A work colleague will be taking the wood... one pick up load at a time... :chores-chopwood:

F8B3060A-3B5C-45B7-964E-36B7C8FD83D4.jpeg

EFA2E818-ED62-4E00-A798-C531553BA3A1.jpeg

7FABD4FC-C1AB-4D2F-BA43-B48E8BB088C4.jpeg

• Like 3

squonk

Dan musta been busy! The least you could have done for him is clean that once a year! 

20230313_101701.jpg

• Haha 3

squonk

Reminds me of a new Safety Kleen driver we had once. He walks in with no hand truck carrying 2 15 gal drums of parts cleaner 1 in each hand. Our parts guy asks him his name and he stops, sets the drums down, lifts his belt buckle and it says " AL "  "My name's Al " :hilarious:

Edited by squonk
  • Haha 4

Ed Kennell
54 minutes ago, squonk said:

"  "My name's Al "    but you will call me Mister Al.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Haha 2