Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Ed Kennell

Spent 3 hours looking for my lost wallet.

10-11 workout at the gym

11:15 self checkout at the grocery store    had wallet to check out

11:30-1:00  stopped to visit with shut in friend.

1:15 changed to work clothes at home     no wallet       The nightmare started....credit cards, bank cards, drivers license, club key cards, etc

1:30-2:20  searched car, retraced all steps, called and asked friends caretaker to search the house where I was sitting.   called the grocery store to look for wallet

no luck any where   the grocery store began checking security cameras

I drove back to the grocery store to check the parking lot  no luck

Went in the store and watched videos of me putting my wallet in my left front pocket after I checked out and getting in my car  

Now I knew loss had to be after I left the store.

Back to my friends house and searched. 

When I stopped there earlier, my friend was sitting in her recliner and I sat in her wheel chair beside her.

Now she was in her wheelchair and eating lunch.

With help of the caretaker, we stood her up and there I spied my wallet had slid down along the cushion and side panel of the wheel chair.

The caretaker had not seen it when I asked her to look earlier.

The 3 hour nightmare turned into a great day.   Ed is one happy camper.

Can't thank Jerrys Grocery store enough for all the help with the security videos that clearly showed me putting the wallet in my left front pocket.

Now I have a couple wide rubber bands around my wallet to create traction so it doesn't slide out of those slippery nylon gym pants.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 4

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

doesn't slide out of those slippery nylon gym pants.

Super happy to hear you found that even though that was a fair trial to go through in the first place.

I wear nylon or polyester clothing almost exclusively when I'm out and about.

ALL my work pants and several of my daily wear pants have zippered pockets to help avoid exactly that scenario that you just endured.

• Like 2

Handy Don
27 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I know the sinking feeling all too well and so I am very glad to hear yours ended well!

People kid me about wearing “worker pants” with cargo pockets but they have flaps and velcro to keep stuff in!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

davem1111
48 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

10-11 workout at the gym

11:15 self checkout at the grocery store    had wallet to check out

11:30-1:00  stopped to visit with shut in friend.

1:15 changed to work clothes at home     no wallet       The nightmare started....credit cards, bank cards, drivers license, club key cards, etc

1:30-2:20  searched car, retraced all steps, called and asked friends caretaker to search the house where I was sitting.   called the grocery store to look for wallet

no luck any where   the grocery store began checking security cameras

I drove back to the grocery store to check the parking lot  no luck

Went in the store and watched videos of me putting my wallet in my left front pocket after I checked out and getting in my car  

Now I knew loss had to be after I left the store.

Back to my friends house and searched. 

When I stopped there earlier, my friend was sitting in her recliner and I sat in her wheel chair beside her.

Now she was in her wheelchair and eating lunch.

With help of the caretaker, we stood her up and there I spied my wallet had slid down along the cushion and side panel of the wheel chair.

The caretaker had not seen it when I asked her to look earlier.

The 3 hour nightmare turned into a great day.   Ed is one happy camper.

Can't thank Jerrys Grocery store enough for all the help with the security videos that clearly showed me putting the wallet in my left front pocket.

Now I have a couple wide rubber bands around my wallet to create traction so it doesn't slide out of those slippery nylon gym pants.

So, I feel like adding my (several) somewhat similar stories after reading this - glad you found the wallet!

But first:  

1.  Wife got me a nylon wallet with velcro closure and a paracord lanyard, which I use a carabiner to attach to my belt loop, and usually have the car keys on the carabiner also, so I don't lose EITHER of those items easily. Which had happened before, which is why she got it for me. :occasion-clown: :D

2. When I got a new phone this year, I got a leather case with 2 credit card flaps.  I almost always have my phone on me, and if I happen to not have my wallet, I have a way to pay for emergency stuff.  (Well, there's Apple Pay also, but I haven't tried that yet. )

3. I got a new AMEX account earlier this year, and lost the card within about 2 months and had to cancel it and get a new one. Old one has never been found.

4. I've left cards at stores several times, called them and had them hold the card till I could get there to pick it up. They're usually pretty nice about doing this.

Story 1:  Back around 2007 I was working in Center City Philadelphia, a 45 minute drive then a 45 minute train ride.  One time I left my wallet on the seat on the train.  Not much cash in it, but of course I had to cancel the credit cards and order a new driver's license ASAP.  Happy ending:  About 2 weeks later, a fat brown envelope with no return address showed up in the mail.  Wallet was in it, with as best I can remember, ALL THE CASH and cards. Maybe they took some cash to pay for the postage, I don't care!  They could have taken all the cash and sent back the wallet with the cards and I'd still have been VERY happy.  I wish they had provided a return address, because I would have sent them a note and a reward of some kind.  

Story 2: Around 2011, I was riding my motorcycle to work on a 45 minute commute (no more trains).  Got to work and realized my wallet was missing.  I thought I'd dropped it along the way out of my back pocket.  Asked my boss if it was okay if I re-traced my path and looked for it - sure.  Rode slowly all the way back home - NOTHING.  Bummer.  Went in the house and poked around a bit.  WHAT?!?   Wallet was still in the pants I had worn the day before that were in a pile in the corner.  DUH!! :scratchead:  

(I don't think I told the boss where it was, just that I had found it....). :omg:

• Haha 5

Ed Kennell
21 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

DUH!! :scratchead:  

Thanks Dave Glad I'm not the only clown:occasion-clown:.

• Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Ed Kennell maybe you should consider a biker wallet with a heavy chain to hook to your belt, He he

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
7 hours ago, Pullstart said:

The cleaning fairy stopped by today. 

Holy crap... bout fell off my barstool on the broom in ther... whadda did it cost ya for someone to come push that broom!?!? :lol:  

Shoulda had him frisk that pile for 10mm sockets... :laughing-rolling:

You guys should try looking for a wallet lost on a plow field sometime... @Achto says it can pay big dividends if it sprouts... :lol:

Resized_20211015_151640.jpeg

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 7

ebinmaine
Just now, WHX?? said:

10mm sockets... :laughing-rolling:

@Pullstart

Whaddya figya the count is on 10mm sockets ?

You got like 17 spare ones now?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

lynnmor

I received a handmade wallet for Christmas many years ago.  It was a beautiful piece but that thing was more slippery than Teflon, I gave up trying to use it after numerous Ed style episodes.

I never tried a biker wallet, I understand that they won't hold more than $2.00.

• Haha 5

Ed Kennell
35 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

a heavy chain to hook to your belt,

These slippery nylon gym pants ain't got no belt Jim.

• Haha 2

WHX??
12 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

These slippery nylon gym pants ain't got no belt Jim.

Lose the gym & pants & take up 12 Oz. curls... :D

• Haha 2

Ed Kennell
5 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Lose the gym & pants & take up 12 Oz. curls... :D

I don't have a cushy condo deer stand Jim.    Us poor 80yos gotta stay in shape to shinny up a tree.      :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

WHX??
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

shinny up a tree.      :unsure:

I hang empties in the tree... only way to get me up ther quick... :ychain:

• Haha 4

Pullstart
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

@Pullstart

Whaddya figya the count is on 10mm sockets ?

You got like 17 spare ones now?

I bet I can find 3 or so!  Well, maybe!

@Ed Kennell wheel chairs are pretty comfy, huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OldWorkHorse
14 hours ago, formariz said:

@OldWorkHorse

You could have made it multipurpose. it would be ready for liquor. 

Hahaha next 1! This was the test prototype :laughing-rolling: :beer:

• Haha 2

Pullstart

The neighbor sent this picture today…. We had lots of fun, till Colleen stopped moving!

We had some family plans at the in-laws today.  This afternoon, I’ll be putting the wash machine back together and planning the great school bus escape (from the mud)…

5D3769C7-B547-4FF4-9C93-4B62B917BFF3.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Screenshot_20230107-163758-617.png

• Haha 2
  • Heart 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

The neighbor sent this picture today…. We had lots of fun, till Colleen stopped moving!

We had some family plans at the in-laws today.  This afternoon, I’ll be putting the wash machine back together and planning the great school bus escape (from the mud)…

:law-policeblue: WHrat Whrecker... come in WHrat WHrecker...:law-policeblue:

@Pullstart is at it again... Bring some decent size chain, a 1/5 of Wheel Horse Bourbon and take the blow up toy :happy-bouncycyan:off the hood... this gonna be serious business... oh and call the :auto-ambulance: now... it's just a necessity with any pullstart adventure... :popcorn:

6D2D0EEA-2929-45C8-86C8-673A5DC952C5.jpeg

3083F1A2-A588-4776-824D-6113191812A7.jpeg

• Haha 2

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

chain

I’m chained up, best I can.  It’ll be 23 degrees tonight.  Hopefully a little freeze will help the ground hold a little better.  Otherwise, we might have a Children’s Home of the Corn come next planting season!  :lol:

D0C1CDB9-908C-4C0A-97A0-010EA65C776A.jpeg

DAC9A48A-C0CE-470A-ABD2-CE0F7E9CD94D.jpeg

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Edited by Pullstart

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

I’m chained up, best I can.  It’ll be 23 degrees tonight.  Hopefully a little freeze will help the ground hold a little better.  Otherwise, we might have a Children’s Home of the Corn come next planting season!  :lol:

Seems to me you have enough tractors and drivers to put together a good pulling team?!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Pullstart  Why ? Drive a school bus in a field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Pullstart  Why ? Drive a school bus in a field.

There's no answer

:ROTF:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4