Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

8ntruck
16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Trina will tell you "it's not an adventure unless you get turned around at least once."

Sounds like you folks had a good adventure. 

Yup.  I had a good, healthy laugh when I realized we had run out of gas - mostly because of the irony of the rescue mission now needing rescue.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

Pullstart
10 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Yup.  I had a good, healthy laugh when I realized we had run out of gas - mostly because of the irony of the rescue mission now needing rescue.

I’ve shared this before, but I was asked once to pull Eston’s hot rod round hood dually through the Big Show to his barn.  I thought “what better than the Lever Steer to do it!”  When I got to the parking lot to pick him up, I got the old Model A transmission stuck in two gears!

Edited by Pullstart
Possessive hot rod / not possessive shot rod auto correct rocks!
  • Like 2

Handy Don
16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

That boy needs a leaf shredder.  

We have a Craftsman I'd rehome. 

He'll use the 312-H and 42" recycler deck to shred the leaves in place and have the sweeper in tow to pick up the shredded bits. 

I tested this concept yesterday on my lawn with the Snapper mulching mower and it works well, leaving some of the finely mulched bits amid the blades of grass with the sweeper picking up everything on top of the grass. It works best when moving pretty fast and I didn't have to overlap the passes any more than usual for mowing.

• Like 1

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat:  A RD deck and sweeper is a pretty good combination for leaf pick up.  But, what do you do with what the sweeper picks up?  Good mulching material, but it does not burn worth a hoot.

What did I do today?  I gave Morgan a little exercise moving the pontoon on its trailer into the yard where I can reach it with the pressure washer.  Then I fought the pressure washer into life and washed the pontoon. 

The pressure washer needs carb work.  When it first started, it wanted full choke to run.  10 or 15 minutes later, it didn't want choke anymore.

More exercise for Morgan moving the trailer out to the road, where the truck took it to the local marine dealer for winterizing and storage.  It will be turn key ready when I go to pick it up next spring.

Edited by 8ntruck

OldWorkHorse

Thought I'd enjoy the afternoon and cook up some smoked babyback ribs after work! 

20221005_142444.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Thought I'd enjoy the afternoon and cook up some smoked babyback ribs after work! 

20221005_142444.jpg

Trina made up some smoked turkey legs yesterday afternoon. Those were somewhere in the neighborhood of delicious. We've been enjoying this loaner smoker machine....

• Heart 1

OldWorkHorse
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Trina made up some smoked turkey legs yesterday afternoon. Those were somewhere in the neighborhood of delicious. We've been enjoying this loaner smoker machine....

I bet, that post inspired me to break out my oklahoma joe smoke machine. Been a busy summer so havnt used it like I'd have liked so gonna make up for that!:beer:

Edited by OldWorkHorse
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, OldWorkHorse said:

I bet, that post inspired me to break out my oklahoma joe smoke machine. Been a busy summer so havnt used it like I'd have liked so gonna make up for that!:beer:

Next time you get a free weekend day throw your woman in the car and come on over.

We can mess with tractors and cook stuff up in the smoker and hopefully not confuse the two... 

• Heart 1

OldWorkHorse
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

We can mess with tractors and cook stuff up in the smoker and hopefully not confuse the two... 

Heck yes! And new barn coming right along. Can just toss together a outdoor kitchen under 1 the sides haha. See if I can get some time before I'm down and out for a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

I get to play rhinoceros for a bit.  

We deliver one piece gutters. The longer ones on the left hand side are 43 ft long.

IMG_20221007_133140587_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Gregor

"Gone Farming"

A friend of mine, Tom, and his brother Ron, help a local area farmer, Donnie,  with his farming operation. Ron recently had knee surgery that didn't go well, so he is laid up for a while. I took his place this fall, hauling corn to to the elevator. Tom and I haul corn, jockey trucks and tractors to the different fields, and other various chores. We start about 7 every morning to about 7 at night. The farmer, Donnie, runs the combine. He won't let anyone else do that. In the spring, Donnie does the planting. Again, he won't allow anyone else to plant. Donnie, a widower, lives alone, and fends for himself.  His wife died many years ago. They had no children. During the year he takes care of his farming operation pretty much by himself. He farms about 600 acres and rents out the rest of his land. Tom is a bit younger than I, he is 62. Ron is 70. Donnie the farmer just turned 101 this past July, but you would never know it. He is amazing to watch.

• Heart 5

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, Gregor said:

"Gone Farming"

A friend of mine, Tom, and his brother Ron, help a local area farmer, Donnie,  with his farming operation. Ron recently had knee surgery that didn't go well, so he is laid up for a while. I took his place this fall, hauling corn to to the elevator. Tom and I haul corn, jockey trucks and tractors to the different fields, and other various chores. We start about 7 every morning to about 7 at night. The farmer, Donnie, runs the combine. He won't let anyone else do that. In the spring, Donnie does the planting. Again, he won't allow anyone else to plant. Donnie, a widower, lives alone, and fends for himself.  His wife died many years ago. They had no children. During the year he takes care of his farming operation pretty much by himself. He farms about 600 acres and rents out the rest of his land. Tom is a bit younger than I, he is 62. Ron is 70. Donnie the farmer just turned 101 this past July, but you would never know it. He is amazing to watch.

Absolutely love hearing stories like that.

There are several members of my own family on both sides that have gotten up into their '80s and '90s and still been very much independent of most any outside help.

I had the pleasure of meeting someone a few years ago who brought several children into this world. At that point in time this person was 90, I think. More spry. More youthful. Better shape. More active. More independent, than any of his several children...

I really do hope that if I get anywhere near that age I'll still be able to move around and take care of my own self like some of these folks I've heard about over the years.  

• Like 3

OldWorkHorse

Burned up my old drill after 7yrs of abuse, so stopped at lowes and picked up a new decent drill and impact drill set and a right hand drill to replace the old one. Have a few other things that use this battery so I thought I'd get drills so don't have 4 different type of power tools with different batteries. We shall see how they hold up. 7 years is the minimum goal :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

20221008_144703.jpg

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse

Ordered in couple of these thought they were fitting, gonna give them a shot and try them out. Hoping they are on the same level of quality as the tractors! :happy-bouncyyellow:

20221007_063225.jpg

Edited by OldWorkHorse
  • Like 3

ebinmaine

@wallfish what's the one you had at @JCM's? 

• Like 1

JCM

Bourbon @ebinmaine

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, JCM said:

Bourbon @ebinmaine

Thought so. Thanks Jim. 

@OldWorkHorse you order that?? 

OldWorkHorse
Just now, ebinmaine said:

Thought so. Thanks Jim. 

@OldWorkHorse you order that?? 

That I did should be in next Friday. 👍

• Excellent 1

wallfish
8 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

That I did should be in next Friday. 👍

Rock glass with ice.and It will tone down that 101 proof a little. Add a splash of water if you want start drinking it right away  :twocents-02cents:

Or, just do 3-4 shots and get right to the point       of dizzy

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

OldWorkHorse
3 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Or, just do 3-4 shots and get right to the point       of dizzy

Hahah I like your style! :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rob J.

Made a little over 620 miles today and picked this guy up. Got for for a really good price but it needs a lot of TLC too. Gitty up and cheers! One pic is of a hood hinge repair. I like it so I’m keeping it on this one. 😜

94468381-730C-41C1-9D1A-17CC0F6862C3.jpeg

DC5967AF-B428-43C1-AC9D-45D3AABBCACB.jpeg

CCD49F79-E06F-4CAE-B3C7-748BCC828F1F.jpeg

70BCD5C4-6CCF-4A0D-A507-AABB05368B01.jpeg

4D841708-5F6B-42B6-9DE5-662745FFF435.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

Horse Newbie

Started on my neighbors wife’s “she shed”. 
It is being built on an out of square, out of level old dog kennel pad.Took some figuring to get the top plate on the wall to come out level…

6D471102-E8FE-4CA9-ABFA-25AFDBA8834D.jpeg

E0DF39DD-4BC2-4424-B69E-BF96B579B564.jpeg

E73882A9-A3B4-4D67-8672-644AFB8C3264.jpeg

5B184473-F15F-46B2-870E-BD5E6DA924DD.jpeg

• Like 6

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, Rob J. said:

hood hinge repair

Love that!

4 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Started on my neighbors wife’s “she shed”. 
It is being built on an out of square, out of level old dog kennel pad.Took some figuring to get the top plate on the wall to come out level…

Reminds me of many of Trina's projects.  This house and acreage is basically unlevel and unsquare from front to rear.  

Somehow or another she makes the end result come out ...

You'll do just fine.  

• Like 2

Sparky

Gearing up for my last ride of the season…gonna be a chilly one! 
  Full tank of ethanol free (thanks Eric @ebinmaine )  Regular fuel

all summer but the last ride gets e-free since it’s winter storage after today. 

E8A57CC2-E503-476D-8ECE-3564FE49BF8C.jpeg

28D7A30C-2750-4967-B88B-D3B021F723D9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

NIIIIICE.  

Dress warm and ride safe!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1