Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

it’s shall we say… warm

Well... I think the term is... multi-tasking... killing weeds and cooking a... eh... leg of lamb... at the same time... :lol:

Don

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
49 minutes ago, EB-80/8inPA said:

Isn’t the soapy water supposed to suffocate them as they breathe through their ”skin” and it clogs it all up or something?  Gotta check them interwebs…

BRB.

That's what I found. Yes.  

Dan.gerous
On 8/8/2022 at 12:23 AM, Handy Don said:

Neat piece of gear. Any idea what the power output of the diesel is? 

In my youth, my Dad built a home and my brothers and I mixed, wheelbarrowed, spread, and finished A LOT of concrete for walkways, stairs, and other things. Ours had a smaller drum and a 1.5hp electric motor. As I recall, Dad sold it for more than he paid when we were "done".

I just had a look and it pumps out 1.5hp at 1000rpm!

The girls and I took it for a test drive yesterday and laid a new concrete pad for our fuel tank (heating).

It will mix 1 x 25kg bag of cement and 100kg of ballast without even trying. It could probably do 2 bags and 200kg of ballast but it's 70 years old so no need to try and kill it.

I bet your Dad really appreciated the help, that's tough work wheeling concrete around the place! I would be lost without all the help my girls do - they are pretty handy with tools now.

20220808_142101.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Dan.gerous

We were in town yesterday running an errand.

I was chatting to a guy and noticed a little trailer buried I  grass on his lawn, so said it looked like a nice little unit. 2 minutes and £20 later it was mine and on the big trailer heading home!

It's road legal, but ideal for the wheelhorses. Just needs a new deck as it was rotten beyond salvation. It even came full of firewood....

The kids just rolled their eyes when I turned up with it, however it's already been put to use moving our giant chest freezer to its new owner on the farm across the field.

20220809_084424.jpg

20220808_082335.jpg

20220808_080630.jpg

20220808_164749.jpg

20220808_170252.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Dan.gerous said:

little trailer

Niiiiice 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
5 hours ago, Dan.gerous said:

I bet your Dad really appreciated the help, that's tough work wheeling concrete around the place! I would be lost without all the help my girls do - they are pretty handy with tools now.

20220808_142101.jpg

Nicely done and "oh man, does this bring back memories"

Dad wasn't that big on expressing appreciation in those early days--my impression remains that it was expected that we provide labor since it was for our home. He did get better as he aged and, credit due, I learned A LOT by being dragooned into repairs, construction, gardening, etc.

• Excellent 2

Stormin

Got the C-81 with finger/sickle bar on and cut back the nettles and briars along the side of the wood, at the top of the lane. Finished off with a slasher and hauled the rubbish away with the Sears GT16 and trailer.

I can now mow the verge with out having to hang off the side of the C-125, trying to not get stung and scratched.

• Like 4

Dan.gerous

Bbq is very popular tonight with the local girls. The field next to the house is normally for silage so it's a treat for them to watch the "human zoo" in action.

20220809_181430.jpg

20220809_181700.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Snoopy11

20220809_084424.jpg

Beautiful dog, beautiful tractor, beautiful trailer! Thanks for sharing @Dan.gerous :banana-dance:

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
8 hours ago, Dan.gerous said:

Bbq is very popular tonight with the local girls

Were any of their relations on the menu?

• Haha 4

Dan.gerous
15 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Were any of their relations on the menu?

No, we stuck to pork and chicken!

• Like 2

Dan.gerous

Today we mowed the main farmhouse lawns, and the parents house next door. It's a huge expanse and the wheelhorse came up to help out the modern ride on that they own.

It was quite nice as the farmers wife is Canadian, and it's her parents that live next door. Finally my North American machine mowed a North American lawn! (Kind of!).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

EB-80/8inPA
On 8/9/2022 at 2:21 AM, Dan.gerous said:

20220808_142101.jpg

I’m liking those troweled edges. Very nice!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dan.gerous
18 hours ago, EB-80/8inPA said:

I’m liking those troweled edges. Very nice!

Thanks, learnt that from my father in law down in the Falkland Islands - have a nifty trowel with a curved edge.

I'm not that good with concrete, used to do a bit in between jobs when I was younger, but mostly making shuttering and tying re-bar cages.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

The incredibly hard working BBT and her helpers have been going along for weeks now. 

If all goes according to plan there'll be a weddi-fication here this afternoon. 

They got the reception area and dance floor put up yesterday.  

IMG_20220813_060314171_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220813_060320925.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

Pullstart

If their minister doesn’t show up EB, just get me on the next :wh: jet outta South Bend!  I’ll have to borrow @Jrblanke’s tuxedo t-shirt though!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8ntruck

Looks good @ebinmaine.  Is that a giant chess board there in the background?

• Like 2

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Looks good @ebinmaine.  Is that a giant chess board there in the background?

Pretty much. 

Those are exercise mats which will be used in the new building upstairs.  

Trina's got em set up as the outside exterior non-interior dance floor.  

• Like 2

D_Mac

So I bought this trailer from a junk man off the back of his scrap truck for 10 bucks. Just gave it a paint job.

20220501_125543.jpg

20220506_104426.jpg

20220813_115259.jpg

20220813_115030.jpg

20220813_115052.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sparky

My shed has taken a beating the last few years, the worse was when a tree fell on it. Almost had to scrap it!

But I was able to straighten the framework enough to save it but the top was wrecked. Put a huge tarp right over the entire thing but tarps just don’t last..,so today I double tarped it (over the original shelter-logic top).
  A bit of an eyesore now but my stuff is protected from rain and off the ground. 

A5FCE0B7-2D16-4BCA-B3D8-729137DABE36.jpeg

D15B0E44-4C2A-469D-9171-68FF176A4371.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie

Mowed the yard today… I’m a every two week guy, and it was thick more than tall. I’ll have to blow these mounds of cut yard(notice I don’t say grass because I’m not sure if anything growing in my yard can be classified as grass) to spread it out some.

Did not want to start a topic on this, but what causes the exhaust on my 2 cycle string trimmer to blow out oil ?

Got this blob landing on my arm and I thought I had been stung or bitten…

8C9B432C-939A-4EB6-A3B6-E4AA68B256D6.jpeg

BFF77FE1-404A-45C0-8255-EDB42D5F9075.jpeg

68FC423E-9087-4515-A21A-60298688F86F.jpeg

AEB5830B-8EB6-4ED8-B4E7-91EEED070ABB.jpeg

80D61D96-F9C6-44F1-83A7-E5147535D99D.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

@Sparky tarp shingles!  The HOA’s gotta love that!

@Horse Newbie what ratio mixture do you use in that trimmer?  Looks a bit rich to me…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Handy Don
51 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

what causes the exhaust on my 2 cycle string trimmer to blow out oil ?

I think a mixture rich enough to accumulate that much oil in the exhaust would probably not run well and it would smoke like the dickens.

IMHO, that oil is coming around the rings--worn rings or a worn/scored cylinder wall.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Stormin

I agree with Don. Ring problem. Possibly a broken one.

• Thanks 1

Horse Newbie
45 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Horse Newbie what ratio mixture do you use in that trimmer?  Looks a bit rich to me…

Rich as in too much oil ?… Don’t know the ratio right offhand… I’ll check the manual and my oil bottles. I am pretty sure the mix is as recommended as I am a stickler when it comes to science…lol… you could say I’m mad about it !:laughing-rolling:

• Like 1