D_Mac

What do we have here? ( again)

D_Mac

Ok gentleman I am at it again. Stumbled across this, since I made out ok on the last one, why not press my luck ? Any of you see any thing you recognize on this one ? Says he wants it gone, asking to much but lets see how much he wants it gone. He knows nothing about it. It has a mower deck. I asked for more pictures but thats all he has for now. You guys nailed the last one I am hoping someone sees something interesting on this one. I know the steering wheel isnt original, looks like the one on @pullstart Big Junky. You think those rear fenders are original or off a trailer? @diesel cowboy any thoughts on this one? Thanks for the help in advance !!

00q0q_7RXbbUuKifP_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stepney

That's a Lambert "Triple Six"
Pretty sure the hood still says '666' in your photo.
For obvious reasons, the model was renamed. Fenders are correct.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.36.43 AM.png

Edited by Stepney
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

D_Mac

@Stepney wow that was fast, very good... Thank you. Think its worth any cash in that condition? It is a cool looking tractor but it is pretty rough. See what the guy says tomorrow I guess. Might be taking another road trip for another rat rod !

• Like 1

diesel cowboy

Yep a Lambert.  I think they might've been marketed under Farmette too not 100% sure on that.  As for a price I wouldn't spend much at all on it but that's just me.  Looks like possibly a replacement engine and somebody cut the hood 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stepney

Value would really have to be up to you.. here in Maine, that machine would likely wind up as scrap unless some maniac such as myself wanted to save it.
It's a fairly rare machine. Any parts will almost surely have to be made on your own. The hood will need rebuilding. Pretty sure the rear end is a Lambert design. I think they share parts with the old FarmEtte tractors to a point. Neither are common.

That machine is a labor of love.. if you can get it for some reasonable sum, that feels right to you, it may be worth it. Never know till your there. 

• Thanks 1

Stepney
1 minute ago, diesel cowboy said:

Yep a Lambert.  I think they might've been marketed under Farmette too not 100% sure on that.  As for a price I wouldn't spend much at all on it but that's just me.  Looks like possibly a replacement engine and somebody cut the hood 

Yes they originally had Lauson/Tecumseh engines. Farmette was very nearly the same .. but not quite. Some subtle changes throughout from what I heard. 
Looks like an HM80 snowblower engine in it now.

Edited by Stepney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

I'm in Mac :popcorn:.....just to see if you go get it! 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

You know, you keep saying you’re not very handy.  These gift horses are in your sights for a reason.  Roll up those sleeves, Singh up your belt a bit and start getting handy :handgestures-thumbupright:  

There’s about a gazillion of us nuts out here cheering you on Mac_Daddy!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

bottjernat1

:blink:No way I am old school superstitious I could never own that thing just because of the numbers. :o

• Haha 1

Achto

I'm in!! Looks like a fun project.:popcorn: I'm not number superstitious so I wouldn't let that bother me. Don't bring a banana in my boat though:angry-nono:, you & the banana will both end up getting thrown over board.:lol: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??
6 minutes ago, Achto said:

IDon't bring a banana in my boat though:angry-nono:, you & the banana will both end up getting thrown over board.:lol: 

:text-imsorry: Dan.... you asked for it! :banana-rock::banana-jumprope::banana-ninja::banana-linedance::banana-rainbow::banana-explosion:

Cindy and I were out fishing once and I was telling her about your thing with bananas in a boat and she whips out a 'nana out of the lunch bag :banana-parachute:

I couldn't throw her over the side she was the only one catching fish! 

• Haha 3

WHNJ701

uncommon tractor yes. but it's going to  a very involved project to restore it.  I wouldn't offer much.  might be fun just to get it running and moving

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

There’s superstition, then there’s fisherman’s superstition.  Two totally different topics.

I used to fish with my boss every once in a while.  He had to be the driver to the lake, even if it was or was not his boat in use.  Had to stop for a coke and some ho-hos at the same gas station.  Once you come in to port, you don’t go back out in the same day.  Could go on and on...  sorry Dan but LIKE THE FISH REALLY KNOW BETTER? :ROTF:

• Haha 3

D_Mac

Well that was my plan, just to get it running and driving like I did with the last one. I know there isnt a big market for these type of tractors even if that is accomplished. Guys like us appreciate them but the average guy isnt even going to cough up the money you spend on just getting them moving under there own power. The owner of this Lambert emailed me back and wants 100 bucks for it. Says he was offered that from someone else but the guy cant come till next week ... blah ... blah... blah. I told him I would come today and give him 25. I cant see paying 100 for it. I got lucky with the other one. I keep saying I am no mechanic. Big difference between cleaning a carb and lubricating some cables to actually fixing an engine that needs who knows what. Like I said I got lucky on the " Speedanza" cause thats all it needed to breathe some life back in it. If this one was a Wheel Horse I would be on it. I still feel empty without one. Just dont see many Horses around here. If you do they are over priced. I am happy right now with my home built " Speedanza" just wish it was a Wheel Horse.

• Like 2

8ntruck
3 hours ago, Achto said:

I'm in!! Looks like a fun project.:popcorn: I'm not number superstitious so I wouldn't let that bother me. Don't bring a banana in my boat though:angry-nono:, you & the banana will both end up getting thrown over board.:lol: 

Just like I'll never own a green race car, or eat peanuts in the shell in the pits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

D_Mac

Im not superstitious either, I was born on a 13th !

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

Im not superstitious either, I was born on a 13th !

But was it a Friday?  With a black cat in the moonlight?  :teasing-poke:

WHX??

I'll go the other way on the superstitious thing... I once broke a mirror while walking under a ladder following a black cat on Friday the 13th..... next thing I knew a guy was offering me a free horse! :lol:

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 4

D_Mac

Well I just received an Email from the owner. He threw another number at me. What do you guys think it is worth? What you see in the photos is all I know about it. It does have the mower deck that isnt shown in the picture. Just cause its a rare tractor dosnt mean its worth much in this condition but its worth something... whats it worth ?

WHX??

Given that it's a labor of love and more importantly what the other guys said I would go scrap value much as I hate to use the s word.... maybe a tad higher I was lookin for a project.  50 bucks maybe 75  tops the engine/tranny  is free and she is a roller. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

Little research I have done I have come up with it is a 1964 model 655 made by Farm-ette but sold by Lambert. I guess 1964 was the last year for Farm-ette when it was sold to Lambert. Farm-ettes last models were the 655 and the 955. I guess the 64's were made by Farm-ette but have the Lambert badge. Lambert later model were the 666 and the 999. If you blow up the picture you can see it says 655 on the hood but here is the badge.

00q0q_7RXbbUuKifP_1200x900.jpg

1588214194022_20200428_194007.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

D_Mac

Found this too. Different year but looks pretty much the same. Finding it hard to find any information.

Edited by D_Mac

D_Mac

Cant find much information. I am supposed to go look at it soon. Thinking about cancelling. Still raining out. I would rather not go look in the rain and mud...... grrrrr undecided. I was hoping for more feedback, guess Im on my own on this one.

Edited by D_Mac

D_Mac

Well I said I would make to trip to go look at it today. Yesterday it rained all day long and didnt want to see it in the rain and mud so I cancelled. I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys before I go but it appears its a dead topic. He sent me pics of the mower deck. Deck seems pretty solid. Hard to find any information at all online. I have to be there around 6 tonight so I will be leaving a little after 5. I am excited to see it.

20200429_191649.jpg

Edited by D_Mac

WHNJ701

somewhere I wrote about this topic, based on some experiences of "buying the right tractor",  I have rebuilt, restored some of the rustiest, crusty machines sitting in the woods, I don't regret it but sometimes in hindsight your better off spending the time and extra money locating a more complete, running machine and having it shipped,  a crusty 100 dollar machine with missing parts can cost 100's if not more if can even the missing parts, but buying a say a 700 dollars one you ahead of the game.  in the end it's what's your comfortable with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1