Sparky

WH SHOW...ITS OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

SPINJIM

This is the first time in 8 years that the show was not on my wife's birthday, and first time I would not have felt guilty for attending the Big Show instead of her birthday.  Can't win for loosing.  Very disappointed. :crying-blue:

• Sad 4

squonk
7 hours ago, rjg854 said:

I see a couple road trips to pick up the things l've bought and was planning on getting them at the show.  Oh well, next year, luckily I  don't need a whole lot of supplies and parts at this time.  I best make a list,  my memory isn't that good :laughing-rolling:

Randy, You can always stop by Ed's @Ed Kennell Always good deals goin down at Ed's! :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk
7 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Note how I am tending a horse and not a Deere... man has got to have his priorities! :lol:

By the looks of that grass, that Deere is only started to move it! :teasing-poke:

• Haha 2

rjg854
3 minutes ago, squonk said:

Randy, You can always stop by Ed's @Ed Kennell Always good deals goin down at Ed's! :occasion-xmas:

I've heard stories about that :handgestures-thumbupright:  

Thanks for the head's up :music-rockout:

Retired Wrencher
9 hours ago, Sparky said:

I hear ya. One by one the shows I attend are getting squashed. 

AS far as I know Mike Orange is still on. That is July. Wallfish goes to that one.

wallfish

I've never been to the Orange show yet because it's always the same weekend as the big show is. We'll see what happens when the time comes as it's supposedly a good show and certainly a lot closer.

WildmanC120

Sad.  I was hoping to go this year for the first time. 

• Sad 1

bottjernat1
4 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I was thinking last weekend while we were displaying the runners by the road, we’ve got quite a bit of room for a show in our front yard!  Maybe with a little prep... and no Covids, we could start another MI gathering?

Depending on how far in MI you are id go! I live in avilla indiana or northeast. I have a friend that lives in white pigeon. and i use to go to the st joe valley show but i went in 2018 there and i was very disappointed. Not hardly anything there. And I am corona free.

SylvanLakeWH

Great idea!

:banana-dance:

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, bottjernat1 said:

Depending on how far in MI you are id go! I live in avilla indiana or northeast. I have a friend that lives in white pigeon. and i use to go to the st joe valley show but i went in 2018 there and i was very disappointed. Not hardly anything there. And I am corona free.

We’re 2 hours, 15 minutes apart :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

bottjernat1
5 minutes ago, pullstart said:

We’re 2 hours, 15 minutes apart :handgestures-thumbupright:

Im ok with that! not bad

• Like 1

rmaynard

2010 was my first show. Last year's show was my 10th consecutive one. It has become something that I start looking forward to beginning on the Sunday following the show. This year was no different. When I print out a new household calendar for my wife in December, the weekend after Father's Day is always blocked out. My wife looks forward to me being out of her hair for those days :dance:. So like the rest of you, I'm bummed, but I would rather everyone stay healthy.

2010 RedSquare Group

RS_GANG.jpg.15ba1356d9215d40bc68948b7007c099.jpg

2019 RedSquare Group

8B5D851F-C803-4CD3-B25B-8BF507C9FF84.jpeg

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, SPINJIM said:

first time in 8 years that the show was not on my wife's birthday, and first time I would not have felt guilty for attending the Big Show instead of her birthday

:text-yeahthat:           My wife's birthday is June 22.   Last few years I have had a bunch of guys gather around the phone to sing Happy Birthday to her. Had @stevasaurus and @squonk do it once!              :music-singing:               Don't quit your day job boys!              :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

BillA

Hi guys I'm new here I'm assuming you all are talking about the show in Pa. I was so looking forward to going.

• Like 1

cafoose

Maybe if someone knows of a place large enough or has enough property we can have our own show or gathering somewhere in the vicinity of South Central PA or North Central MD after this thing is over? :confusion-shrug:

pfrederi

Not my year...I do not go to many things but now they have all been cancelled or really delayed...NY Auto Show.  Maryland Military Vehicle Show, National Military Vehicle show and now this.:(

• Sad 2

Coulter Caleb
16 hours ago, JCM said:

:angry-tappingfoot:         How many hours drive to Wisconsin ?

I know that it is faster than waiting for the BS to show up...

Hey @WHX24! I think it's about time you make your plow day quite a bit bigger, don't you think?:teasing-poke:

There is a lot of :wh: guys that will be severely missing the Big Show...

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

WHNJ701
2 hours ago, cafoose said:

Maybe if someone knows of a place large enough or has enough property we can have our own show or gathering somewhere in the vicinity of South Central PA or North Central MD after this thing is over? :confusion-shrug:

unfortunately it's insurance/liability to host an event on your property.  I was thinking of doing something a few years ago, the more I looked into it I wasn't comfortable chancing it, all it takes is one small accident 

Edited by jabelman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

SylvanLakeWH
4 minutes ago, jabelman said:

unfortunately it's insurance/liability to host an event on your property.  I was thinking of doing something a few years ago, the more I looked into it I wasn't comfortable chancing it, all it takes is one small accident 

Sad, but true...

:(

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Because we had here locally no Festivals for Garden Tractors, i planed this Year go to the Big Show,

to see ya all once face to face, and also celebrate there my Birthday.

I was very happy it seems this will possible this year, but now it seems it won‘t.

That was so called my selfmade personal Birthday gift to me for this Year

Sadly, that the Big Show is cancelled, but even it happens, as far as i know,

i will not permitted to fly to USA actually, because of some Travel restrictions of Covid,

Even we Kati and i are negative tested. I didn‘t get anywhere any other information until now.

So i Spend some Money For the Flight and for a rental Car, but for now it seem‘s i wasted that.

The money for the Car reservation is definitely wasted, no Money back,

i just can hopefully cancel that Flight 2 weeks before the Big show normally starts,

otherwise i lost also that whole money for the Ticket.

But they suggested me to wait until 2 Weeks before, than i have a real chance to get my Money back.

Sadly, but i can also not hop to another „Meeting“

😢

• Sad 2

stevasaurus

2 things....

1. Bar Harbor, Maine is 18 hours from me...Elgin, Ill...and I am 2 1/2 Hrs from WHX23 + 1 G/Y in Wisconsin.

2.  And this could help a bunch of us.  Knowing that the BS is a huge bring stuff you already bought or sold show, it might be to our advantage to announce road trips that may happen now in the "Hauling Help Section".   You can also ask for "Hauling Help" for things that need to be delivered.  When it works, it works good.:occasion-xmas:  Some will also offer gas money...it is only .35 cents a gallon here in Ill.

• Excellent 4