csvt99

42" RD mower w/ mucher set up tips?

csvt99

Update on this, I've mowed all year with the recycler deck, but with standard width blades. I also made ramps to clean out the deck. It's been working great, but I like to mow high and found I have to mow every 3-4 days or it works the mower real hard and clogs up the deck. I think I'm going to just remove the recycler and mow like that for now. Mowing every 4 days...I just can't do it anymore! I like how the recycler insert protects my deck, but I'm just going to have to remove it and do annual maintenance to paint/ oil the bottom to keep it from rusting. 

peter lena

@csvt99 added a flat pulley to my  all 3 of my decks , on the back side of the unsupported belt section , 5 th deck picture down , always detailing improving my horses. that deck belt bounce , always never made sense to me , unsupported for more than 20+ inches , why not put a flat pulley in there to stabilize the bounce? , I  also regularly cut my lawn , and drop my decks to minor scrap down and dry out in the sun with penetrating oil spray down soaking into metal. to kill off grunge , also never cut the same way twice . love the r/d decks , no issues at all. done other upgrades on these , don't want to upset anyone  with details  ,pete

• Like 1

csvt99

@peter lena, thanks for sharing. I will have to take a look at mine. Adding that extra pulley might make a good winter project.

• Thanks 1

squonk

I have to mow every3 days with my recycler also. The reason is we got a crapload of rain!!! To me taking off the insert to gain a day is a waste. I've had my recycler 4 years now and the health of my lawn shows with the clippings getting fed into the lawn. Plus the underside of the deck looks new still. I take the insert out once in the fall to clean it and never have to touch the actual deck surface.

IMG_20210702_152806162.jpg.3402eb2840ded153bfe0c8d20476c132.jpg

IMG_0016.JPG.2325cb764e860d11526ae3796d5c3b0b.JPG

• Like 1

csvt99

@squonkI hear you on all accounts. I guess I'll take it off and see how it does for a while. I can always put it back on. I just don't have the time too mow that often. Well I do, but it gets annoying when I have to plan my whole summer around mowing the yard :).  Every time I mow I'm thinking about how much better and faster a zero turn would be, and how I could be fishing instead if I had one,  but I'm not ready to go there yet!