Pullstart

C-161 Blackhood Briggs Twin / ARK 500 FEL

ebinmaine

Love it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sparky

Super nice! I’ve always loved the BlackHoods and the addition of a  loader makes it even better

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Super nice! I’ve always loved the BlackHoods and the addition of a  loader makes it even better

I have not always loved them, but I feel like this’ll grow on me!  I imagine I’ll build a ripper of sorts and try to do some digging.  Just for grins and giggles, of course!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

953 nut

Nice score!       :handgestures-thumbupright:           That loader will be a real back saver,         :angry-tappingfoot:            heard you need that.          :hide:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Pullstart
Just now, 953 nut said:

Nice score!       :handgestures-thumbupright:           That loader will be a real back saver,         :angry-tappingfoot:            heard you need that.          :hide:

Recently, yes!  I went to the cracker today on my way home from grabbing this gem.  I am feeling so much better after 8-ish visits!  Taking it easy tonight, and the rest of the week especially.

• Like 1
  • Heart 3

clueless

I thought you were cooking syrup? good looking tractor but when do I get my syrup, for my Jack Daniels BBQ sauce:scratchead:.

Chris.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

I have removed the hood and weight box.  Note the amount of oil in the air cleaner... I feel like this machine simply does not enjoy enjoy being run at a steep angle.

701496BF-77E3-41CB-9FE4-5358406CD483.jpeg

• Confused 1

JAinVA

Nice rig you got there.Everyone needs one of those.Once you have a loader you will always wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, clueless said:

I thought you were cooking syrup? good looking tractor but when do I get my syrup, for my Jack Daniels BBQ sauce:scratchead:.

Chris.

When we cross paths next, you’ll be getting some sweet goodness for sure!  Whoever the COVID-19 junk is cleared up, you can just go ahead and PM me your address.  I think I owe ya!

Pullstart
1 minute ago, JAinVA said:

Nice rig you got there.Everyone needs one of those.Once you have a loader you will always wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

I know exactly why... because I haven’t been able to find one :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

Pullstart

When times of butt wipe are scarce, my wife found this amazing roll of shop rags on Amazon on one of their flash sales!

A8C494E7-CB54-40E0-9BC9-E86D5306160F.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

Nice!! But somehow l dont think

you will be able to reach the top 

of the rack with it. You'll have to send us a video of it in action!

• Haha 4

JAinVA

Know the feeling so I'm building one from PF engineering plans.Since member Rexemouse  showed us his  I got the bug.Those shop towels might help in a TP shortage but Roids will be in great supply if you use them for that.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

JCM

It's nice to have a FEL without having to build it from scratch. I would assume after that Bathroom reno use deserve a break. Take care or yourself so you and family will hopefully be able to enjoy the BS.     Good luck with the loader, and remember when the bucket's full , travel with the loader LOW.    :helmet:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

JCM

@JAinVA     Unless  Rexemouse owns more than one FEL those pics of my 417 with the Kwik-Way loader I sold to him with weight box and loader stands.

• Like 2

Pullstart

The tractor came with an engine service manual.  I have cleaned and adjusted the gaps to .030”.  One was a bit big and one was spot on.

7B5A5AC9-A439-4821-849B-1E81EFD77D1D.jpeg

1515A52C-B127-42D1-877A-7A5FED6C6A57.jpeg

Pullstart

The Magnetron coil gap is about twice what it should be.  I’ll tighten that up.  It was running like the choke was partially on, like there’s a miss.  The carb is freshly rebuilt as of last week by a local shop.

5633B427-C2CD-407E-8191-8A8AC4F4CD99.jpeg

FBF804D1-8012-4F50-B324-77790266CB9F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
42 minutes ago, pullstart said:

When times of butt wipe are scarce, my wife found this amazing roll of shop rags on Amazon on one of their flash sales!

A8C494E7-CB54-40E0-9BC9-E86D5306160F.jpeg

Once again, please, no video or pictures...

:scared-eek:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

I have not always loved them, but I feel like this’ll grow on me!  I imagine I’ll build a ripper of sorts and try to do some digging.  Just for grins and giggles, of course!

Wise man say: When you can grasp the pebble from my hand with the Black Hood loader, you will have achieved total consciousness Young Grasshopper... :bow-blue:

That little :ph34r: :wh: will pick up and toss them other little :wh:‘s of yours over the fence...

:ychain:

Love the Black Hoods!

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Haha 4

Pullstart

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I have figured out the starter has no spring between the roll pin retainer and the starter gear.  It just bounces around.  If anyone has an idea of size spring I need, I’d like to get that fixed up.

13B290B4-528B-41FF-96EB-DF2CBEA06CD9.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

There was some seepage around the front head, as shown in the video.  I moved the muffler out of the way and re-torqued the head bolts. There were quite a few loose.  I’ll monitor the seepage and see if I need to pull the head and replace the gasket.  Wow, it sure is nice to have a manual right in front of you in the shop!

AFA33436-928A-4D1A-8724-9F83F8496514.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

bds1984

Nice find!  I'd love to have a loader for my C165-8.  The big twin Briggs are a tough engine!

• Thanks 1