jrotten13

Looking for dozer/ plow blade

jrotten13
1 minute ago, The Tool Crib said:

There ya go! Buy the blade and the

tractor goes wit it!!!

Lol a parts tractor would be nice. However I'm not willing to pay what hes asking for it.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, jrotten13 said:

Lol a parts tractor would be nice. However I'm not willing to pay what hes asking for it.

It's a tough market here in Maine.

Seems as though the greed has elevated the price of tractors now that they have become "classics or vintage".

Something will pop up at some point.

Plows with frames can be had for $150-$200 in decent shape here and there.

Much better to buy in summer of course.

So roughly where in Maine are you?

jrotten13
Just now, ebinmaine said:

It's a tough market here in Maine.

Seems as though the greed has elevated the price of tractors now that they have become "classics or vintage".

Something will pop up at some point.

Plows with frames can be had for $150-$200 in decent shape here and there.

Much better to buy in summer of course.

So roughly where in Maine are you?

Yea I'm lucky I got a good deal on my tractor. Especially after seeing so many overpriced. I live in blue hill.

• Like 2

Oldskool

You can always get the dimensions and build a new one

• Like 1

Oldskool
2 minutes ago, jrotten13 said:

Yea I'm lucky I got a good deal on my tractor. Especially after seeing so many overpriced. I live in blue hill.

A little over an hour from me

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Oldskool said:

I'd be happy to supply all the measurements you want

Just now, Oldskool said:

A little over an hour from me

More like 4 hours from us.

:handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

jrotten13
2 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

That's always an option.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, jrotten13 said:

That's always an option.

I'm no fabricator so take my words with a grain of salt.

As metal building projects go it looks fairly easy.

If you built your own it would be nice and tight and new and the pivot points would not be all worn out.

• Like 1

jrotten13
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm no fabricator so take my words with a grain of salt.

As metal building projects go it looks fairly easy.

If you built your own it would be nice and tight and new and the pivot points would not be all worn out.

I think it's something I could tackle and it may have to be. Getting a used one would be much more convenient lol.

• Like 1

Oldskool
1 hour ago, jrotten13 said:

I think it's something I could tackle and it may have to be. Getting a used one would be much more convenient lol.

Looks like  a weekend project. You can get your steel at C&C on the Bucksport rd. They also cut and bend to shape and size for an extra fee. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
On 3/13/2020 at 11:36 AM, jrotten13 said:

I plan on it. Yes pictures would be great. thank you.

Here's a pic of Trina's plow frame that was originally on a 1974 C 160.

Notice how about 40% of the distance of the frame rails are Parallel to each other, then the triangulation begins. That tells you it's a Long Frame plow. A short frame plow would be triangular from one end to the other.

Long frame plows begin production somewhere around 1967 or 68 so you "only"  have about 50 years worth of range to choose from.

The width of the plow is somewhat to personal preference and somewhat to the capabilities of the machine being used.. This particular tractor has a 42 inch wide plow and that works quite well for most of us.

On my Cinnamon Horse I have wider front tires and wheels so I prefer a 48" wide plow.

The BIGGEST issue when using a plow is going to be TRACTION. You NEED a lot of weight and you probably should use chains.

IMG_20200315_100934421.jpg.fc7138f734de33b32463705b333fd106.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

The width of the plow is somewhat to personal preference and somewhat to the capabilities of the machine being used.. This particular tractor has a 42 inch wide plow and that works quite well for most of us.

On my Cinnamon Horse I have wider front tires and wheels so I prefer a 48" wide plow.

The BIGGEST issue when using a plow is going to be TRACTION. You NEED a lot of weight and you probably should use chains.

Why not a 56" (on the right) ... Chains really (it's rather steep at my place) 😆 ... On a more serious note the design of the :wh: snow plow mount actually transfers the force against the plow to the rear axle aiding in tractive forces at least IMO vs other brands.

20200223_131639.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-15-11-32-44.png

Screenshot_2020-03-15-11-33-10.png

• Excellent 2

jrotten13
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Why not a 56" (on the right) ... Chains really (it's rather steep at my place) 😆 ... On a more serious note the design of the :wh: snow plow mount actually transfers the force against the plow to the rear axle aiding in tractive forces at least IMO vs other brands.

20200223_131639.jpg

Nice setup. I most likely wont be plowing snow. Just dirt for some yard projects. I have chains and wheel weights on some loaded turf tires. Considering getting some ag tires for the dirt work as well. I've got a snowblower for my WH and a backup walker blower. I've always liking throwing snow compared to plowing. 

• Like 1

Oldskool
13 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

20200223_131639.jpg

I'm digging the suitcase weights

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, jrotten13 said:

. Just dirt for some yard projects. I have chains and wheel weights on some loaded turf tires. Considering getting some ag tires for the dirt work as well. I've got a snowblower for my WH and a backup walker blower. I've always liking throwing snow compared to plowing. 

I've run both... AGs with chains and turfs with chains... in snow and dirt.

I personally don't see a difference and our terrain is steep as well.

We normally move most of the snow with a walk-behind blower then scrape the yard with the 2 plows.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I'm digging the suitcase weights

I also have a bracket for the front...

IMAG3376.jpg

• Like 1

jrotten13

Found a plow and hooked it up. Just in time for a nor'easter to hit. Works good. Definitely gotta fabricate a down preassure bar for moving dirt this spring though. 

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
53 minutes ago, jrotten13 said:

Definitely gotta fabricate a down preassure bar

Super easy.

We wouldn't plow without one.

Let me know if you want measurements.

jrotten13
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Super easy.

We wouldn't plow without one.

Let me know if you want measurements.

11 1/2 is what I found so far for dimensions for center to center. However i read that the 48 inch plow has different measurements. What do you have for measurements? Thanks

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, jrotten13 said:

11 1/2 is what I found so far for dimensions for center to center. However i read that the 48 inch plow has different measurements. What do you have for measurements? Thanks

I'll check later this morning.

I haven't seen any difference in plow width making a difference in bar length.

As far as I know the frames are the same.

I have a 42, 48, and 2 customs that will all hang on the same tractor.

ebinmaine
18 hours ago, jrotten13 said:

measurements

The link I have on my c-160 is 12.5 total length with 11.5 bolt spacing.

jrotten13
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

The link I have on my c-160 is 12.5 total length with 11.5 bolt spacing.

Thanks. Looks like this is my project for tonight.

• Like 1

jrotten13
Just now, jrotten13 said:

Thanks. Looks like this is my project for tonight.

Erm.. where does the top of the link connect to? 

ebinmaine
52 minutes ago, jrotten13 said:

Erm.. where does the top of the link connect to? 

Here's a video that describes the link that I use and how it hooks up.

• Thanks 1

jrotten13

So got the down preassure bar made and installed. Did some dirt moving today in muddy stuff. Not bad. Not able to lift the front tires off the ground like I've seen people in this forum mention. Also, is there not a lock down position for the up down lever? I have to lean over to hold it down for preassure.