jrotten13

Looking for dozer/ plow blade

ebinmaine

Lifting of the blade is done on hydro tractors.

I suspect near none of us could lift the front on a manual one.

:lol:

When I'm using down pressure it is definitely a constant push on the handle.

jrotten13
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Lifting of the blade is done on hydro tractors.

I suspect near none of us could lift the front on a manual one.

:lol:

When I'm using down pressure it is definitely a constant push on the handle.

Lol that makes more sense. Although pushing down on the lever when it's this low is kinda awkward.

20200417_181758.jpg

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, jrotten13 said:

kinda awkward

I'll give you that.

I'm a long limbded big Bear so that reach isn't too bad for me.

jrotten13
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I'll give you that.

I'm a long limbded big Bear so that reach isn't too bad for me.

Lol fair enough. Just making sure I hooked everything up correctly. 

mike avad

am also looking for some part's i have a 1976 B-80 need the( rod part no 104338)and a( Lever Index part no 94668601) new of used

953 nut
11 minutes ago, mike avad said:

am also looking for some part's i have a 1976 B-80 need the( rod part no 104338)and a( Lever Index part no 94668601) new of used

You should post this in the Wanted Section.    https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/

Brockport Bill

here are some various plow photos and related perspectives that may be helpful

wh plow lift manual photo.jpg

c175 series 1 with plow.jpg

wh plow diagram.png

wh oem plow 79364.jpg

wh plow extender 1.jpg

wh plow extension.jpg

wh plow bracket reconditioned.jpg

plow 1.jpg

wh plow.jpg

79355 plow 1.jpg

• Like 1

Wayne0
On 4/11/2020 at 10:18 PM, jrotten13 said:

Found a plow and hooked it up. Just in time for a nor'easter to hit. Works good. Definitely gotta fabricate a down preassure bar for moving dirt this spring though. 

Thanks for the help everyone.

Until I make a down pressure link, I'm using a 3 foot piece of rail road track on top of the blade. Works great for the snow.

peter lena

@jrotten13  what ever you get , prior to installation set it up on a couple of milk crates or a hang over shop bench . typically the steering quadrant is never serviced , packed with mud / rust , clean that out and use red aerosol grease on every related movement point , that lever squeeze handle , compresses a spring to the slide pin rector , detail that  function ,  also tighten up the end curves on the lever pull rod , eliminating play , makes for very solid smooth action . also put longer bolts in the lever rod swing points , top off with elastic lock nuts , after you make your final adjustment , the lock nuts will hold a perfect / easy setting . what ever you detail in for ease of movement , off the floor , will be the same thing on the tractor , would oil lubricate front of blade , stop rust , slide snow like crazy . aerosol lubricant , make the rust run out .1/8" hair pin clips on rear axel lever clip holes , last hole , wont lose them .have 2 of them , my experience , pete  

peter lena

@Wayne0 that plow set up has a down pressure solid link for that  part # 7706 , , can't imagine the weight you are lifting on related linkage points , with that added train track , unless you are a hydro . pete

Wayne0
3 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Wayne0 that plow set up has a down pressure solid link for that  part # 7706 , , can't imagine the weight you are lifting on related linkage points , with that added train track , unless you are a hydro . pete

It is a hydro. I wouldn't want to haul that thing up as many times as it would take to do my 100' driveway!

I'd have one Popeye arm!

The one good thing, is the plow will still float.

BTW, I have a pair of skids/shoes for sale in the classifieds.

Edited by Wayne0
Added info
  • Like 1

oliver2-44
On 3/15/2020 at 10:49 AM, jrotten13 said:

Nice setup. I most likely wont be plowing snow. Just dirt for some yard projects. I have chains and wheel weights on some loaded turf tires. Considering getting some ag tires for the dirt work as well.  

I’ve done a lot of cut and fill work with my C160 hydro. I use the solid lift link for down pressure. Turf tires with chains, 66lb weight per rear wheel and fluid filled tires.  It’s a beast!

• Like 1